Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 40

Thread: My First VBeam last week

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Country: United States

    Default My First VBeam last week

    First off, I have KPRF, NOT rosacea. It looks similar but KPRF is mainly a red patch on both cheeks that flushes easily just like rosacea.

    Consulted with the doctor two weeks ago and to my surprise he diagnosed it as KPRF as soon as he glanced at my face. That is surprising because not a single doctor I've seen in my entire life has even heard of KPRF, they always claimed I had Rosacea or SD. That was literally the first time I had heard the words Keratosis Pilaris Faceii uttered out loud.

    After he examined my face a bit closer he explained that using a Pulse Dye Laser would be the best treatment option. He actually went into detail about the technology of the PDL, and how it will interact with the blood vessels on my face. He explained that it will likely take around 3-4 treatments to see major improvement, and told me that if I would prefer quicker results then I could try a much stronger bruising treatment (but claimed it usually isn't necessary).

    Went back in a week later for the actual procedure. It was quite efficient, I was in the office no longer than 15 minutes. I was extremely red for a couple hours after, but once I iced the area the redness subsided dramatically.

    I seem to be flushing a bit less, but I'm not expecting huge improvement from only my first treatment. I will update next month after my next procedure.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRT150 View Post
    First off, I have KPRF, NOT rosacea. It looks similar but KPRF is mainly a red patch on both cheeks that flushes easily just like rosacea.

    Consulted with the doctor two weeks ago and to my surprise he diagnosed it as KPRF as soon as he glanced at my face. That is surprising because not a single doctor I've seen in my entire life has even heard of KPRF, they always claimed I had Rosacea or SD. That was literally the first time I had heard the words Keratosis Pilaris Faceii uttered out loud.

    After he examined my face a bit closer he explained that using a Pulse Dye Laser would be the best treatment option. He actually went into detail about the technology of the PDL, and how it will interact with the blood vessels on my face. He explained that it will likely take around 3-4 treatments to see major improvement, and told me that if I would prefer quicker results then I could try a much stronger bruising treatment (but claimed it usually isn't necessary).

    Went back in a week later for the actual procedure. It was quite efficient, I was in the office no longer than 15 minutes. I was extremely red for a couple hours after, but once I iced the area the redness subsided dramatically.

    I seem to be flushing a bit less, but I'm not expecting huge improvement from only my first treatment. I will update next month after my next procedure.
    Hi srt, I seem to have the same condition as you, but been told I have rosacea /seb derm, both cheeks red, spider veins,

    Could you tell me the symptoms of KPRF, would appreciate your input, thanks.

    Regards john.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    16

    Default

    SRT150, lovelyhurling45:

    Since when u had the redness? from kid? or it started in adulthood?

    appreciate your answers.

    Regards.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi srt, I seem to have the same condition as you, but been told I have rosacea /seb derm, both cheeks red, spider veins,

    Could you tell me the symptoms of KPRF, would appreciate your input, thanks.

    Regards john.
    KPRF is a reddish/pink rash that appears on the cheeks. From what I've seen, most cases are usually a very distinct area in the middle of the cheek, but can extend down towards the jawline and up to the temple in severe cases. It is believed that KPRF is caused by overproduction of keratin that aggravates the blood vessels in the cheeks. People with KPRF will also usually have the KP bumps on their triceps or calves(small red bumps that look like zits), but not always. KPRF does NOT cause the nose or forehead to flush in almost all cases.

    Here is a pic of a more severe case:
    https://i.warosu.org/data/fa/img/007...2222095729.jpg

    Flushing can be very bad with KPRF, as when you flush the patch on your cheek will turn a much darker shade of red, and you will usually feel burning in that area. There is no cream that can help the condition that I am aware of, only makeup or toner that can cover it up. Lasers seem to be the only option to actually "fix" the vessels on your face.
    Last edited by SRT150; 5th November 2015 at 12:02 AM.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricfazers View Post
    SRT150, lovelyhurling45:

    Since when u had the redness? from kid? or it started in adulthood?

    appreciate your answers.

    Regards.
    I have had it since a child. Somewhere along the line during my teenage years the KPRF on my right cheek was drastically reduced. I have no idea how but it just doesn't flush or get red anymore.

    My left side is still the same though. It might have actually spread a bit farther towards my jawline from some aggravation due to shaving.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ricfazers View Post
    SRT150, lovelyhurling45:

    Since when u had the redness? from kid? or it started in adulthood?

    appreciate your answers.

    Regards.
    Hi srt, I have developed this condition about 6 months ago, I'm 44 years old, so I don't if that makes a difference, been to two dermatologist's and got two different answers, rosacea /seb derm / seb -psoriasis, totally confused, any input appreciated, cheers.

    Regards john.

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi srt, I have developed this condition about 6 months ago, I'm 44 years old, so I don't if that makes a difference, been to two dermatologist's and got two different answers, rosacea /seb derm / seb -psoriasis, totally confused, any input appreciated, cheers.

    Regards john.


    Tought u had KPRF, 1 derm told me i had that, but that condition begin in the childhood i think. I got some redness after a "alergie" at 21years old (7 month ago). Been 3 derm they said 3 different things, i think they got no clue what i got lol.

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Country: United States

    Default

    Update

    A couple weeks have passed and I've noticed some changes. First of all, my baseline redness seems noticeably calmer, I would say about a 25% reduction in redness. Secondly, my flushing doesn't seem to last as long as it did before the treatment. I still do flush though, and when it happens I still get quite red in my cheeks. Hopefully after the fourth treatment the flushing will be under control.

    Still a couple weeks away from my 2nd treatment. The doctor stressed how important it is to wait in between treatments to let the vessels repair. I guess I agree since I am now noticing improvement 3 weeks after the vbeam.

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Hello, im 17 male and i have kprf too, mostly on front of my cheeks but i think it will spread all over.Been to a dermatologist and talk about vbeam but im scared .Please share your results!

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gab123 View Post
    Hello, im 17 male and i have kprf too, mostly on front of my cheeks but i think it will spread all over.Been to a dermatologist and talk about vbeam but im scared .Please share your results!
    If your KPRF is quite bothersome, then I definitely think you should give vbeam a shot. It isn't that painful and many people have found success with it. Results do take some time though, so be patient.

    I've only had two treatments so far, and have seen some minor improvements. I'm planning on getting four treatments, so that means two more treatments, one in January and another in March. I will give another full update after my fourth treatment.

Similar Threads

  1. Forum Newbie / VBeam Appointment Next Week / Help :)
    By Krizzobizzle in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 7th September 2015, 08:17 PM
  2. Soolantra... (Week 8)
    By tlfowers in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 17th April 2015, 03:09 PM
  3. Pre-Vbeam baseline returning one week after treatment. Anyone else?
    By homerheat in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th August 2014, 06:00 PM
  4. One week post After 1st vbeam pefecta,worry:"(
    By maryqueen in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 9th October 2012, 05:58 AM
  5. So It's been a week
    By lookingforadvice in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th April 2008, 01:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •