Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally Happy!!

How did you know I got it done in Drogheda?? (Paranoid moment)
    No I went to a dermatologist in Dublin who diagnosed me and then found out about vbeam in Drogheda through these forums.
    My downtime was about 2 hours. The real noticeable redness was gone in two hours but the marks and light redness were still there for about a day maybe two.
    The doctor in Drogheda performing vbeam is a real pro and I highly recommend him.

Quote Originally Posted by full View Post
    Hi guys, just thought id post to see if this helps anyone. So after years of dermatology trips I finally have been ,what I believe to be, correctly diagnosed. I had been told that I have rosacea on account of the flushing and redness I experience and the pimples are symptom of rosacea. I have been on every antibiotic and beta blocker you could think of all which have made minimal difference (accutane is the only thing that cleared it up) until finally a dermatologist said he believes that this is seb derm and that seb derm can causes itchy pimples and that my "rosacea" is really sun damage in the form of dilated blood vessels. He told me to use nizoral and selsun alternating between them every 2 weeks (to keep the yeast/fungus from gaining resistance to the treatment) and also prescribed a salicylic acid and sulphur mixture to break down the oil build up. I also went to get v-beam and currently have completed two sessions and to be honest the results are already phenomenal.. I finally got the confidence to get back out and enjoy life.

Hopefully someone else may find success in the same way I have. I would highly recommend V beam to anyone, luckily the man performing my therapy is a skilled doctor and surgeon who treats my skin fantastically. It may be old news to some of your here but my derm says the key to nizoral and selsun working is alternating between then in a cyclic manner.
    Hi full, I think I have the same symptoms as yourself, I have been diagnosed with rosacea, but I have seborrheic dermatitis as well, I have spider veins on my forehead and couple on my cheeks, but I think I have the same as you,

Could you give me the actual names of the Nizoral and selsun you are using and the other ointment as well, if you don't mind,

I read through your thread and I someone else is going to drogheda to see the same doctor who did your Laser treatments, is it possible that it is Dr Michael Murphy in bryanstown in drogheda.
    I take it you're from Ireland, i'm from kilkenny, a response would be appreciated full.

Regards john.

hey full,

what sympton did the accutane clear? the pimples and seb derm? or the redness and flushing also?

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi full, I think I have the same symptoms as yourself, I have been diagnosed with rosacea, but I have seborrheic dermatitis as well, I have spider veins on my forehead and couple on my cheeks, but I think I have the same as you,

Could you give me the actual names of the Nizoral and selsun you are using and the other ointment as well, if you don't mind,

I read through your thread and I someone else is going to drogheda to see the same doctor who did your Laser treatments, is it possible that it is Dr Michael Murphy in bryanstown in drogheda.
    I take it you're from Ireland, i'm from kilkenny, a response would be appreciated full.

Regards john.
    Yeah it is Dr Michael Murphy in Drogheda.. The shampoos are nizoral 2 percent which the active ingredient is ketaconazole and the other is selsun which active ingredient is selinium sulphide! The cleanser is 0.5 percent sulphur and 0.5 percent salicyclic acid.. I believe alternating shampoos is what's really helping me!
    Ah a Kilkenny man, sure if the face gets a bit red tell them you got a belt of Hurley in the jaw.. Ha

Quote Originally Posted by ricfazers View Post
    hey full,

what sympton did the accutane clear? the pimples and seb derm? or the redness and flushing also?

Regards
    Accutane cleared the seb derm and the pimples associated with it.. Seb derm loves oily skin and that's why accutane is effective! Its entirely up to you what treatment you want to follow but personally I wouldn't go near antibiotics again. Accutane gave me no side effects but it won't cure you (at least in my experience). The key with seb derm is treating the yeast/fungus and cleansing the skin to keep oil at bay. Tea tree oil is great for malassezia too.
    It helped with flushing, but I've found that I'm not so much a flusher as I thought I was. Since I controlled my seb derm, I don't flush anymore. I went on a 5 mile run today and cheeks were pink (which is normal after exertion) and back to normal after 20 mins. Accutane is a good option as it will work great while your on it but I think there are better topical, natural options..

How did you know I got it done in Drogheda?? (Paranoid moment)
    No I went to a dermatologist in Dublin who diagnosed me and then found out about vbeam in Drogheda through these forums.
    My downtime was about 2 hours. The real noticeable redness was gone in two hours but the marks and light redness were still there for about a day maybe two.
    The doctor in Drogheda performing vbeam is a real pro and I highly recommend him.
    Hi full, sorry I made you paranoid, someone else responded to your post and I noticed he mentioned drogheda,

Could you give me the name of the doctor you went too in drogheda that did your V Beam, could I ask have you suffered with spider veins, thanks full.

Regards john.

Yeah it is Dr Michael Murphy in Drogheda.. The shampoos are nizoral 2 percent which the active ingredient is ketaconazole and the other is selsun which active ingredient is selinium sulphide! The cleanser is 0.5 percent sulphur and 0.5 percent salicyclic acid.. I believe alternating shampoos is what's really helping me!
    Ah a Kilkenny man, sure if the face gets a bit red tell them you got a belt of Hurley in the jaw.. Ha
    Hi full, John here from kilkenny, can I ask you are suffering with rosacea as well as seb derm, or just seb derm, does facial redness come with seb derm,

I have been to a dermatologist and he told me I had rosacea, and he gave me antibiotics and mirsavo gel, just made my condition worse, l have all the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis, plaques on my the scalp, eyebrows, dead skin inside the ears and behind the ears, and the folds of my nose, and both sides of my nose, would love to know how you got your seb derm under control and how long have you had this condition,

Would really appreciate your advice on this matter full, thanks.

Regards john.

Congrats! Great news. I often wonder if mine is actually sun damage and not Rosacea. I've been looking at doing the V-Beam as well. Going to visit my doctor to get a good referral and then we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi full, John here from kilkenny, can I ask you are suffering with rosacea as well as seb derm, or just seb derm, does facial redness come with seb derm,

I have been to a dermatologist and he told me I had rosacea, and he gave me antibiotics and mirsavo gel, just made my condition worse, l have all the symptoms of seborrheic dermatitis, plaques on my the scalp, eyebrows, dead skin inside the ears and behind the ears, and the folds of my nose, and both sides of my nose, would love to know how you got your seb derm under control and how long have you had this condition,

Would really appreciate your advice on this matter full, thanks.

Regards john.
    My main symptoms were pimples , redness and flaking. The last derm I seen said I have seb derm and was unsure about rosacea so I I'm still unsure as to what exactly I have..

Them shampoos I have mentioned have gotten my seb derm under control. I do get pimples on my scalp but I find the shampoo lessens them! I'm in my early twenties and I began having skin trouble at age 19. Redness is a symptom of seb derm but it redness and flaky oily skin. Its very difficult to distinguish between these different conditions so I couldn't possibly advise you on what you may be suffering from.

There is research center in UCD its called the Charles institute which does a lot of work in rosacea reserach and I think most of the researchers are practicing dermatologists so maybe you could try get reffered to one of them. I think Professor Frank Powell is the head researcher there and he holds private clinics. Try see him msybe. Hope this helps

My main symptoms were pimples , redness and flaking. The last derm I seen said I have seb derm and was unsure about rosacea so I I'm still unsure as to what exactly I have..

Them shampoos I have mentioned have gotten my seb derm under control. I do get pimples on my scalp but I find the shampoo lessens them! I'm in my early twenties and I began having skin trouble at age 19. Redness is a symptom of seb derm but it redness and flaky oily skin. Its very difficult to distinguish between these different conditions so I couldn't possibly advise you on what you may be suffering from.

There is research center in UCD its called the Charles institute which does a lot of work in rosacea reserach and I think most of the researchers are practicing dermatologists so maybe you could try get reffered to one of them. I think Professor Frank Powell is the head researcher there and he holds private clinics. Try see him msybe. Hope this helps
    Thanks full, I am willing to exhaust every avenue to try and get a proper diagnosis, thanks for the info,
    Regards john.