Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Finally Happy!!

Default Finally Happy!!

Hi guys, just thought id post to see if this helps anyone. So after years of dermatology trips I finally have been ,what I believe to be, correctly diagnosed. I had been told that I have rosacea on account of the flushing and redness I experience and the pimples are symptom of rosacea. I have been on every antibiotic and beta blocker you could think of all which have made minimal difference (accutane is the only thing that cleared it up) until finally a dermatologist said he believes that this is seb derm and that seb derm can causes itchy pimples and that my "rosacea" is really sun damage in the form of dilated blood vessels. He told me to use nizoral and selsun alternating between them every 2 weeks (to keep the yeast/fungus from gaining resistance to the treatment) and also prescribed a salicylic acid and sulphur mixture to break down the oil build up. I also went to get v-beam and currently have completed two sessions and to be honest the results are already phenomenal.. I finally got the confidence to get back out and enjoy life.

Hopefully someone else may find success in the same way I have. I would highly recommend V beam to anyone, luckily the man performing my therapy is a skilled doctor and surgeon who treats my skin fantastically. It may be old news to some of your here but my derm says the key to nizoral and selsun working is alternating between then in a cyclic manner.

Hi full, That's wonderful! Clear skin and a skilled doctor, too. Did you have purpura vbeam - the bruising kind? Or non-bruising?

I had the non bruising treatment.. the doc also says I haven't seen the full results yet as i've only had 2 treatments over the past 7 weeks!

Do you have any idea what settings were used? I'm going through laser - that's why I'm asking.

Please post pictures so I Can see if it is similar too me. Btw do you need recept for these things?

that's great!!!!

Huge congratulations, all the the best with your new lease of life

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Do you have any idea what settings were used? I'm going through laser - that's why I'm asking.
    Im sorry I dont know the settings. What I do know is the setting are quite low! My doctor does a patch and checks to see how the vessels react staright away to gauge the effectiveness of the setting. Best of luck with your treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by Denmarkguy View Post
    Please post pictures so I Can see if it is similar too me. Btw do you need recept for these things?
    I am not comfortable posting pictures, sorry. I dont understand what you mean by recept but if you mean prescription for the shampoos (nizoral and selsun) then no you do not need a prescription for them.. The salicylic acid and sulphur is not an antibiotic and is simply a cleanser so you do not need a prescription for that either.

Hey, what was your downtime like after vbeam?

(I'm considering going to the same Doctor in drogheda)

Also, did the same Doctor diagnose you correctly and perform the Vbeam?

Congrats
    Last edited by Albertotomb11; 28th October 2015 at 07:10 PM.