Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Due i have rosacea?

Default Due i have rosacea?

Hello,

6 months ago i started using a cream for acne/scars (Avene Triacneal), but after a few days, my face started to peel very bad on both sides cheeks and "under it" i used a cream of my mom until the face stopped to peel than stoped. I tought the redness would dissapear but its been 6 months and its still there but not the same as the beggin.
    And in the "redness" there are some parts that are "white/normal color" that i have 99.9% sure they where red at the beggin.

2 months ago i saw 2 dermatologist to get rid of some acne scars i have left side of my face.

First: I talked with him, he examined my face , said for scars i should use fraxel laser, and when he was examined me i told im about the redness and what maybe caused. I said its was a allergic reaction maybe.
    After few minutes of talkin about the scars he said i had "erythema inicial phase" and prescribed me Exfoliac (to control some pimples i had), MIRVASO, and another Vitamin C product and said, come back in the winter.

I came home and researched about the products and got freak out by MIRVASO. i started to think due i have rosacea?? But he never told the word rosacea, he said maybe was allergic reaction and than erythema inicial phase... didnt want to use that mirvaso and went to another dermatologist (i think i made good choise)

Second:

I asked him directly "Due i have rosacea" he said NO, its was a allergic reaction and will pass with time, and prescribed Differin to control my pimples and a sunscreen +50 and in the winter i will do a dermaabrasion.
    2 months using differin with no problems, only couple pimples in the beggin and redness didnt got worse but didnt improve much either, but my nose its a bit red and peels in the nostrill maybe cuz i should not use differin there.
    In a month i will go to derm again to show the results of differin and i will talk with him about the first derm.

Like i said my face/nose its bit pink (face not symetric, and its only red on the zones i peeled), but i have this for 6 months and dont feel any burn sensations, flush or anything its just red/pink.

Is this normal cause of rosacea? I never had red face, its taking so much time to heal that maybe i think its rosacea

sorry bad english

best regards

I forgot to say that i never had pre-rosacea synthoms like flushing on strees situations, exercicing etc

Since i went to dermatologists and cuz i think i have this dissease i noticed some telangiectasias on my eyes.at night i feel them a bit "tired" but i think is normal cuz i spend a lot of time at pc...

I had this redness for four 4 months without any synthom now im becoming paranoic about this. I wanna know if i have this or not !!
    Last edited by ricfazers; 15th October 2015 at 08:22 PM.

Guys please help me!!!!!!

I been on my dermatologist and he said i have KPRF on my face (he looked at my upper arms and i have a bit there, is there a connection between this and the red face?), im 22 years old, got this redness 7 month ago.

But im not really sure i have KPFR on face, my nose is a bit pink (sides of it are more pink and skin peeling a bit) my chin is a bit pink just bellow the mouth with skin peeling to (probably seb derm)

Most important sometime i feel my eyes, watery or bloodshot, especially after running and when i get some "wind" in the eyes, i think is ocular rosac
    ea.

If i have ocular rosacea the redness on the face is rosacea right?

U guys think i should go to ophtalmologist? cuz i dont wanna go to another derm to get bad diagnoses!

Forgot say, when i smile or eat my chin becomes a little red, is this normal on people with KPFR?

advice please.

best regards

I asked him if this was not a "mild rosacea" and he said not. And started to showing me pics of "severe rosacea" and said " this is rosacea" i almost wanna to start laugh.

Hi ricfazers, It's hard to know. Could you post pictures? Maybe just the sides or somehow blocking your eyes or however you feel comfortable.

Are you flushing at all? Yeah, good move not using the Mirvaso. Stay away from that. What creams are you using now? Sounds like you need something calming and soothing so your skin can heal.

I been on another derm, and he said i had allergie due the cream i was using ,and now have "skin reactivity" that will goes away with time... said to avoid the usual "rosacea" factors but he said i dont have it, neither KPFR. 3 derms said 3 different things to me LOL, my case must be unique...

its been 7 months i have this, like i said i saw some improvement is this time... guess i will have to wait longer...

hg24, can u explain me what is flushing? per example: when u drink wine, eat some spicy food etc your face will feel hotter, and became more red? is that flushing?
    if so im not flusher, cuz i dont feel anything...
    Last edited by ricfazers; 4th November 2015 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricfazers View Post
    I been on another derm, and he said i had allergie due the cream i was using ,and now have "skin reactivity" that will goes away with time... said to avoid the usual "rosacea" factors but he said i dont have it, neither KPFR. 3 derms said 3 different things to me LOL, my case must be unique...

its been 7 months i have this, like i said i saw some improvement is this time... guess i will have to wait longer...

hg24, can u explain me what is flushing? per example: when u drink wine, eat some spicy food etc your face will feel hotter, and became more red? is that flushing?
    if so im not flusher, cuz i dont feel anything...
    Yes, that is flushing. Blood vessels dilate in response to triggers - Iike spicy food, warm rooms, hot showers, anxious moments, etc. Some people's triggers are harder to detect - flushing in their sleep, flushing randomly throughout the day.

What was the cream you were using that the dr suspects caused an allergic response?

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Yes, that is flushing. Blood vessels dilate in response to triggers - Iike spicy food, warm rooms, hot showers, anxious moments, etc. Some people's triggers are harder to detect - flushing in their sleep, flushing randomly throughout the day.

What was the cream you were using that the dr suspects caused an allergic response?
    I was using Avene Triacneal, and one day i wake up and my face was red with skin peeling... i tought i was having some reaction to that, stopped immediately with that cream. And moisturized it until the dead skin peeled off. Didnt use nothing on my face for 4 months (only water, not even sunblocker (i work at home mostly go out at night xD). after those 4 months my road to derms started. since then im only using differin to control acne, and this last derm recommended this to (Keracnyl

CONTROL crème )
    I can go run for 1h, and the redness stays the same, and i dont flush (feel burn sensations) on the others zone where i have normal color...

I will try to take some pictures, need to find right ilumination cuz like i said, the redness is very mild...

I never drunk (my grandfather that was very close to me died from cirrhosis when i was kid, and i puted in my head that i will never drink alchool in my life), i dont smoke, spicy food didnt like that since kid to also, drink 1 coffe per day nothing happens... Last summer (august 2014) i even went to the beach without sunblocker, cuz i was a kind of person that with 2/3 days of beach i would became "brown"... note the redness only started in april 2015 xD
    Last edited by ricfazers; 4th November 2015 at 08:01 PM.

Hmm, well, it's hard to say. I'm wondering if it's perhaps hyperpigmentation from the cream you were using. Which can fade with time, as your derm said. I would continue to use little on your face. A soothing, mild moisturizer if you need it. Nothing harsh. I would use sunscreen though. It's best to keep the sun's rays away from hyperpigmentation - so it doesn't get worse.

Im using differin 2x times week now, cuz i controlled my acne, and dont need to use 4x times a week like before. In morning i just clean my face with warm/cold water and apply moisturizer.

What gives me hope is that in the redness, there zones where i have normal skin color, and im 99% sure that those "zones" were red when my skin was peeling, so i had some improvement...
    But again i see people online doing lasers/dermaabrassions etc and they stay red after these dramatic prodecures only 5/6 months, and single cream i used gave me more "problems" than doing this kind of agressive procedures...

I tried do take a picture, but is impossible to notice the redness, u would think i had nothing XD

Going to try not stress about this and hope that will get better.