Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Journey to treat papulopustular rosacea/mites

Default Journey to treat papulopustular rosacea/mites

Likely problems: demodex mites
    Possible problems: yeast/candida, immune system issues

Plan: Do borax internally and externally for 3-4 weeks because that's the life cycle of the mites.. gotta bite the bullet and be patient.

1st week:
    I realized that my tongue is a lot pinker and doesn't have barely any white stuff after I started taking borax. My breath doesn't stink in the morning either.
    I started taking a pinch of borax to mix with soap when I wash my hands. I realized that my eczema doesn't itch anymore and dead skin is flaking off where the pustules were. I hope this continues to get better. Acne still seems the same though, doesn't seem to get better.

My skin is a lot lighter and glowy - it's probably borax's way of cutting through grease. I can take my makeup off with hand and soap and a dab of borax. This is some strong ****. I'll give this another week and no more because it seems to be strong stuff. I don't feel my skin being sensitive or harmed or anything.

Got really drowsy and had vivid dreams (I didn't know this was really a thing nor thought it would happen to me) for the first week. Herxheimer reaction?

2nd week:

I had mild flu like symptoms for a while after starting, for a few days. then it disappeared

From the forum, so I am keeping in mind: "One forum contributor suffered with Fibromyalgia/Rosacea, chronic fatigue and TMJ for over 10 years which she believed were caused by fluoride. She used 1/8 tsp of borax and 1/8 tsp of sea salt in a litre of de-chlorinated water, and drank this for 5 days each week. Within two weeks her face cleared, the redness faded, body temperature normalized, energy level increased, and she steadily lost excess weight. The only side-effect was an initial aggravation of her Rosacea symptoms."

13th day: Acne is still there, but I realize that the dark pores on my nose seem cleaner and smaller. did borax dissolve those? I also realize that the flaky skin on my forehead (apparent when I put on foundation) isn't visible anymore. Did borax rinse those off? Also on this day I added Vitamin C serum to my routine.

3rd week:

White tongue coming back. Is borax becoming ineffective? Tried permethrin 5%, skin was suddenly nice and calm looking again for a day... and then the next day got cystic. 3rd day after the cream is the worst breakout so far. I got a headache. I hope it's die off.

I am still waiting to complete the 3rd week.

Forgot to add, the routine:
    A pinch of borax per cup of water, I mix a new batch every time I drink. I don't have a litre jug to put 1/8 tsp of borax in. I wash my face every night with a tip-of-fingerful of borax, which I just dab and rub into my Cerave Foaming Face Wash. It's amazing how easily my foundation washes off without a need for makeup remover or facial cloth/brush. My skin has been very pale and bright since using borax, but doesn't seem to be helping with breakouts just yet. Borax softens my skin, softens the water, and I don't seem to have any drying effects from it? I am worried about the high pH but if anything, it helps my skin feel soft and moisturized from what I can tell.

I also used borax in my shampoo the same time I began using borax on my face. I don't know if it's doing anything for my hair, but borax definitely seems to eliminate body/back acne just by the shampoo water running down me.
    Last edited by ramen; 11th October 2015 at 05:22 PM.

The permethrin cream makes my skin feel "cold" after a while. Not a bad or painful feeling, just unusual. I applied permethrin again today (last time was 3 days ago) and I am getting that cool feeling again, especially at my front cheeks and not the jawlines where my breakouts usually are. I am continuing drinking borax and washing my face with borax. If my face gets itchy, I dab some borax water on it and it feels calm again.

Quote Originally Posted by ramen View Post
    The permethrin cream makes my skin feel "cold" after a while. Not a bad or painful feeling, just unusual. I applied permethrin again today (last time was 3 days ago) and I am getting that cool feeling again, especially at my front cheeks and not the jawlines where my breakouts usually are. I am continuing drinking borax and washing my face with borax. If my face gets itchy, I dab some borax water on it and it feels calm again.
    Note that you shouldn't apply permethrin on daily basis, it's toxic. I also wouldn't apply it on weekly basis. Soolantra should be safer and more effective in killing demodex.

Quote Originally Posted by Tso View Post
    Note that you shouldn't apply permethrin on daily basis, it's toxic. I also wouldn't apply it on weekly basis. Soolantra should be safer and more effective in killing demodex.
    eh, everything's toxic in high doses. Some people apply permethrin every day, but I don't think I need to do that. I'll try what I have ATM.

Starting green smoothies today. I'll see how adding more veggies into my diet will work.

Just started a new sunscreen, and my breakouts definitely seemed to have smoothed out. I don't know if it's the permethrin working, the borax finally working, or the sunscreen. I used the same brand before and I swore it helped prevent breakouts but I stopped using it because it made me look flaky. The flakiness of my skin is back, I don't know if the borax stopped exfoliating my face or whether it's just the sunscreen again. Anyway, it can't hurt.
    What I added to my regimen since 3 weeks ago:
    1. Borax internally and externally
    2. Permethrin once a week (going to try it tonight and then stop using it. I think a few application is good enough), I started this last week.
    3. Green smoothies (no fruit, because it's cheaper that way), started this week
    4. Sunscreen that works for me except it's flaky, started this week

Okay, something is definitely working. My skin is calm and my breakouts have become less and less. I had no breakouts or itchiness today. It might be borax finally kicking in, but I have a feeling it's either the green smoothies or the sunscreen. Or the permethrin (which I was supposed to apply today) that finally kicked in. Man I am not that scientific. I am just glad that something is working. I am using permethrin only as a jump start, but I am going to keep the other three for long term.

My planned regimen:
    1. Borax externally and internally once in a while because it's supposed to keep my bones strong and keep candida under control
    2. green smoothies regularly to keep my veggie intake high. I add raw egg yolk to this.
    3. sunscreen daily. I am going to buy a clarisonic to see if it helps with the flakes.

Here are the things I added to my smoothies (not all at once):
    1. cucumbers
    2. carrots
    3. tomatoes
    4. spinach
    5. kale
    6. cilantro
    7. lettuce types
    8. onion
    9. bell peppers

Liquids and fats:
    1. californian olive oil (make sure it's real olive oil)
    2. butter
    3. raw egg yolk
    4. yogurt
    5. milk
    6. water

I hope to add herbs like parsley, avocado, and other variety in the future. I only used what I had or what I can buy at the dollar store (YES the dollar store). I haven't added any fruit nor do I have interest to. I am not much of a sweet tooth and tolerant to tastes, so even though it's fine for me you might find it too grassy. But hey for clear skin right?

No breakouts or sensitive skin today. Occasional itchies but they're mild and I don't know if they're just caused by loose hair or something. Not bad like usual though. Something is definitely working, I just hope it stays this way and that I am not overdoing it.

Borax: I would take a break from borax but I don't know when. Water tastes a lot better with it and facial wash works a lot better with it too, it's like I am dependent on it now. People talk about how we should take break from certain drugs so we don't build tolerance or something, but I don't consider borax a drug that we build tolerance to. It's a mineral. So... yeah...

Sunscreen: The sunscreen I use is Elta MD Physical SPF 41. I don't think it's zinc oxide that helps my acne, because other sunscreens don't have the same affect. Only Elta MD seems to help with my acne. It's very anecdotal, I don't know what's so special about it, all I know is that it may have helped me.

5% Permethrin: I applied permethrin last night, and there wasn't a huge breakout after it like before. No breakout at all. So I guess the demodex mites are finally not as strong enough to fight back (or something).

Smoothies: I am continuing with the green smoothies. I admit I don't get a lot of veggies, let alone variety and raw veggies, in my diet so green smoothies are a quick and easy way to get them in. I think internally, this is what made the biggest difference. I am feeling better but it may be because I am feeling better about my skin.

I am also doing vitamin C serum, which I haven't mentioned before, but I don't think it helps with rosacea. Who knows, maybe it does but I thought I'd mention it. I also ordered Clarisonic so I get to exfoliate the dead skin cells and really clear out my pores of their junk and dead mites.

Even if I get clear skin, I'll keep posting here. Maybe other people can take a look at what helped me and see if it helps long term.