Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 313

Thread: Did people recover from Mirvaso long term rebound flushing & pain

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    431

    Default Thanks!

    Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    I take Zoloft. Some others here take Remeron, Celexa, Lexapro or one that starts with a V - can't remember. If you search here on the forum about it, you'll find some discussions about ADS. The dosing is important. You may have to work with it or switch around until you fine one that works. I started at 25 mg Zoloft and am now at 100 mg per day, even though I'm a fairly small-framed person.
    Thanks so much. I`m going to give it another month or two to see if it improves. And then I will consider these options.

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,518

    Default

    Sure thing. Hope it gets better soon. Try drinking a ton of water - cool or cold. 6-8 glasses daily. Sounds too easy, but it helps reduce my flushing. Also, keep your skin well moisturized. Dryness can spark a flush. Plus hydrated skin is more likely to heal than not. When home, I keep a layer of moisturizer on my face at all times. It's never bare.

  3. #23
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    81
    Country: France

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Sure thing. Hope it gets better soon. Try drinking a ton of water - cool or cold. 6-8 glasses daily. Sounds too easy, but it helps reduce my flushing. Also, keep your skin well moisturized. Dryness can spark a flush. Plus hydrated skin is more likely to heal than not. When home, I keep a layer of moisturizer on my face at all times. It's never bare.
    Definitively true, moisturizing help a lot. (just annoying thing, maybe it will be hard to find a good moisturizer cream.. for me it was )

    I really hope you will have good improvment by mounths

  4. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    38
    Country: United States

    Default Did people recover from Mirvaso long term rebound flushing & pain

    I have had exact same experiance. I applied that crap for 3 days and that was in FEB. I have been through 4 rounds of V BEAM, i have been on multiple antibiotics and they had me try mulitple facial creams from the derm. I am on a beta blocker. And I am still having the effects of this stuff. I am not sure if we will ever get better.

  5. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Let's try to stay positive for TinyDancer - and even for ourselves who have been enduring this for longer. She used it very infrequently and spaced out over two weeks, and has no permanent redness. I have sent her a list of meds to try. Then we all still hope with time - even if it takes more than a year - that we will return to some kind of normality/tolerable state.

    What is now clear is that this cream CAUSES and exacerbates rosacea symptoms. It's a cruel joke by Galderma. The scandal will break soon.

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    38
    Country: United States

    Default

    I agree its important to stay positive. I really do. And I have been trying each day to find the positive in each thing. But having gone through all of it its tough. And scary. And I had to voice that I am scared that we may not return to normal. I have not been to work since FEB. I live on a couch. I have lost over 40 pounds. Its just all scary. I dont mean to be negative. really I dont. I just dont know what reality is.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    431

    Default I'm so sorry

    Quote Originally Posted by Jkatz92002 View Post
    I agree its important to stay positive. I really do. And I have been trying each day to find the positive in each thing. But having gone through all of it its tough. And scary. And I had to voice that I am scared that we may not return to normal. I have not been to work since FEB. I live on a couch. I have lost over 40 pounds. Its just all scary. I dont mean to be negative. really I dont. I just dont know what reality is.
    I'm so sorry. And so scared. This is my life also. I lost 10 pounds already and it's only been 6 weeks since I started having the symptoms (4 weeks since I stopped). I'm so scared. This is going to be me. That my life really is over. I'm trying to be positive and to believe that it hasn't been that long yet, and maybe I can recover. I can't believe this happened to me. Over a cream for a no big deal problem. I called Galderma Canada to report it. But, I also called Galderma USA and the people that work their are complete sociopaths. She is probably sitting at her desk now laughing about all the people that have been harmed because she likes harming people. They aren't doing anything to stop what is happening. They don't care. They don't care how many more people are harmed. I just need to say that she is a lying bitch. I had to call back and she lied and said she was a different person. Talk about evil. I'm terrified.

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    431

    Default Thank you!

    Quote Originally Posted by EllyS View Post
    Let's try to stay positive for TinyDancer - and even for ourselves who have been enduring this for longer. She used it very infrequently and spaced out over two weeks, and has no permanent redness. I have sent her a list of meds to try. Then we all still hope with time - even if it takes more than a year - that we will return to some kind of normality/tolerable state.

    What is now clear is that this cream CAUSES and exacerbates rosacea symptoms. It's a cruel joke by Galderma. The scandal will break soon.
    Thank you! I'm so sorry you have had to suffer with this. I hope we both improve. Big hugs!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    431

    Default Thank you

    Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Sure thing. Hope it gets better soon. Try drinking a ton of water - cool or cold. 6-8 glasses daily. Sounds too easy, but it helps reduce my flushing. Also, keep your skin well moisturized. Dryness can spark a flush. Plus hydrated skin is more likely to heal than not. When home, I keep a layer of moisturizer on my face at all times. It's never bare.
    It's very kind of you to help me out. I appreciate it. This is all new to me. I never had rosacea before. And I just had a couple months of a mild form. I was still able to easily live my life with my job, socially, as a mother. I was so happy. It's too difficult for me to move past the injury stage into this being my condition now. I am being hopeful. I am going to believe that I am getting better and that I will be better soon. I suppose maybe I will never fully get back to the way I was. But, maybe it will improve enough that I can eat healthy food, stop losing weight, dance, lift weights again, go out and do fun things with a kid, maybe even eat at a restaurant again someday. For now, I will avoid all meds. I wish I had avoided all meds before this. I will remain as calm as I can. Do self hypnosis. Keep my face cool, drink lots of water, try to eat nutritiously while still avoiding the triggers. Yesterday was a better day. And today seems a little better. Maybe I will start to get better now. Forever is a long time. Maybe it takes a year of hard work to get better, but then maybe there will be improvement for the others on here. And for me.

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    431

    Default typo

    I mean go out and do fun things with my kids.

Similar Threads

  1. Mirvaso - How long recover from it?
    By wiry in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 177
    Last Post: 14th April 2016, 11:15 PM
  2. Mirvaso...rebound flushing...caffeine
    By mikbau in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 3rd September 2015, 12:42 AM
  3. Im experiencing extreme rebound redness and flushing for Mirvaso, plz help
    By bevy74 in forum Erythematotelangiectatic Rosacea
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 18th August 2015, 02:12 PM
  4. How long until my Rebound Flushing disappears?
    By mimosh in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 15th October 2013, 01:37 PM
  5. Mirvaso Long Term
    By johnabetts in forum Prescription medications
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 4th October 2013, 09:09 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •