Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Did people recover from Mirvaso long term rebound flushing & pain

Just wanted to say I am so sorry you have had this reaction. It makes me so angry the doctors peddle this crap and they don't even know or care about the side effects!! I have had nerve pain and weird sensations in my face (not from Mirvaso but possibly due to other pharmaceuticals) and I can empathize with how distressing it can be when you don't know if it will go away. I hope you get some relief soon. Try not to panic and believe that it is going to get better. All my facial discomfort has gone away now though it was gradual over a period of several months.

Default Thank you so much!!

Quote Originally Posted by lwemm View Post
    Just wanted to say I am so sorry you have had this reaction. It makes me so angry the doctors peddle this crap and they don't even know or care about the side effects!! I have had nerve pain and weird sensations in my face (not from Mirvaso but possibly due to other pharmaceuticals) and I can empathize with how distressing it can be when you don't know if it will go away. I hope you get some relief soon. Try not to panic and believe that it is going to get better. All my facial discomfort has gone away now though it was gradual over a period of several months.
    Thank you so much! You give me hope. Has the flushing stopped for you? So, we really can get better? It just takes a few months or so? Edit: Oh, I guess you are saying you didn't use mirvaso, but something else.
    Last edited by TinyDancer; 27th September 2015 at 05:17 PM.

Default Basically what happened is

Quote Originally Posted by lwemm View Post
    I started experiencing flushing as a side effect from another med, but it was improving. Then the dermatologist said, "Oh, I think you might be starting to get rosacea", and then she gave me a med to make sure I develop a severe case and advanced case of it and not just in my nose, but in my eyes also.

Default Thank you, Everyone!!

Thank you, Everyone, you have helped me a lot. I am feeling slightly more hopeful that I can recover from this. I started doing stop blushing hypnosis and that has helped me to be less stressed and full of anxiety. I'm going to assume that the first month post mirvaso is the worst, and that with time I will improve. And where there was once hope that I didn't even have rosacea, I can say that hope is gone now. But, maybe there is still hope that I can reduce it back to a manageable and livable level. I wish that I had never gone to a dermatologist. I am going to eat more. Be less stressed. Do the self hypnosis for relaxation and stress reduction. I`m going to focus on improvement and maintain hope. And try and get back to living my life with this condition. But, I will take a little time to focus on healing.

Default Getting scared again

I was reading more experiences to try and find some hope. I only saw people still struggling with not recovering. And one person posted that they hadn`t recovered for 2 years (it`s been five years for that person now).

Stop searching into internet. This increass your anxiety.
    And then you will put a lot of wierd things to your face, and increass the problem

I will giving to you the real answer about rosacea: there isnt any kwewn solution to fix it.
    Iam really sorry to learn that to you

But we know that times give a lot of improvment for redness. (but it take a lot of time, several mounths)
    By waiting about 2mounth, you will have something like your normal baseline.

I really recommand that you dont apply something during one mounth.
    And stopping looking internet about this topic. You will loosing your mind.. becomming more and more sickness.

When you have finished your skin diet. I suggest you to take only products for sensitive and irritated skins
    (products from avene)
    Soothing your skin: http://www.eau-thermale-avene.fr/pro...r-mes-rougeurs
    Hidding redness: http://www.eau-thermale-avene.fr/pro...ge-en-3-etapes

Hi, Mirvaso only came onto the market in Sept 2013. The person you're talking about may have been referring to the glaucoma drops - brimonidine. Some doctors prescribed this off label to rosacea patients some years ago, but it was not the same formula as Mirvaso from Galderma.

I'm wondering if an anti-depressant would help you. I know it's not something most people jump to take. But it's helped a lot of rosaceans, including me, deal with flushing and nerve pain. Perhaps it's something you would only need for a year or so until your skin was stable. Then you could taper off slowly after a handful of calm months.

The nerve pain seems something to address with a neurologist as you mentioned. You mentioned your doctors don't believe you. I would provide your doctors with printouts of some of the posts on Mirvaso from the forum. Just hand them to the doc and explain what they are. You can google to find an article that references the head of Galderma stepping down after initial reports about Mirvaso. The company said there was no connection. Still, it would show the doctor that the rebound issue made the news. Highlight pertinent sentences for the doctor. We usually have to educate doctors about rosacea - as most don't seem to keep up with the latest research about it.

Default Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kalis View Post
    Stop searching into internet. This increass your anxiety.
    And then you will put a lot of wierd things to your face, and increass the problem

I will giving to you the real answer about rosacea: there isnt any kwewn solution to fix it.
    Iam really sorry to learn that to you

But we know that times give a lot of improvment for redness. (but it take a lot of time, several mounths)
    By waiting about 2mounth, you will have something like your normal baseline.

I really recommand that you dont apply something during one mounth.
    And stopping looking internet about this topic. You will loosing your mind.. becomming more and more sickness.

When you have finished your skin diet. I suggest you to take only products for sensitive and irritated skins
    (products from avene)
    Soothing your skin: http://www.eau-thermale-avene.fr/pro...r-mes-rougeurs
    Hidding redness: http://www.eau-thermale-avene.fr/pro...ge-en-3-etapes
    I don`t have any lasting redness. My face is completely pale when I am not flushing. I just have the constant nerve pain and flushing very badly everyday and all night. I want the flushing to go back to the way it was (light flushing a couple times a week for ten minutes). Thank you! I appreciate that.

Default Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi, Mirvaso only came onto the market in Sept 2013. The person you're talking about may have been referring to the glaucoma drops - brimonidine. Some doctors prescribed this off label to rosacea patients some years ago, but it was not the same formula as Mirvaso from Galderma.

I'm wondering if an anti-depressant would help you. I know it's not something most people jump to take. But it's helped a lot of rosaceans, including me, deal with flushing and nerve pain. Perhaps it's something you would only need for a year or so until your skin was stable. Then you could taper off slowly after a handful of calm months.

The nerve pain seems something to address with a neurologist as you mentioned. You mentioned your doctors don't believe you. I would provide your doctors with printouts of some of the posts on Mirvaso from the forum. Just hand them to the doc and explain what they are. You can google to find an article that references the head of Galderma stepping down after initial reports about Mirvaso. The company said there was no connection. Still, it would show the doctor that the rebound issue made the news. Highlight pertinent sentences for the doctor. We usually have to educate doctors about rosacea - as most don't seem to keep up with the latest research about it.
    Thank you! Great advice! Also, what type of anti-depressant do you recommend for this.

I take Zoloft. Some others here take Remeron, Celexa, Lexapro or one that starts with a V - can't remember. If you search here on the forum about it, you'll find some discussions about ADS. The dosing is important. You may have to work with it or switch around until you fine one that works. I started at 25 mg Zoloft and am now at 100 mg per day, even though I'm a fairly small-framed person.