Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Did people recover from Mirvaso long term rebound flushing & pain

Default I recovered

Quote Originally Posted by TinyDancer View Post
    I recently developed very mild, light flushing as an adverse reaction to antibiotics that I was prescribed, but didn't need. I went to see a dermatologist a few months after the initial antibiotic trigger. She prescribed brimonidine Mirvaso (called Onreltea in Canada). She did not tell me any side effects or adverse effects. In my search for onreltea I did not find anything. It wasn't until I had adverse effects that I found others posting about mirvaso. I used Mirvaso 3 times spaced a week apart. Ever since I started using it I have been living in a nightmare of constant pain and flushing for 7 weeks. When my flushing episode ends I return to my normal pale skin with no redness. But, the intense pain never stops, it gets worse, but never goes away. It's been 4 weeks since I last used it. I have had to go on an extremely restrictive diet in order to attempt to avoid food triggers. I am losing too much weight, I only weigh 96 pounds now. I can only eat at home because I can't eat at restaurants. I have chronic, extreme pain in my nose, and nerve pain through my jaw, and sensitive painful eyes. Sometimes the pain gets so bad that I can't even walk or think. I have had to take a break from working and I am mostly home bound at this point which is very depressing. I just want to get back to the way I was before I ever used mirvaso. I want the flushing to tone down and stop. I want the constant pain in my nose and jaw to stop, I want my eyes to stop hurting. Is there any hope that I will still be able to recover from this. It has been 4 weeks. I can't imagine living my life this way. My life as I knew it is ruined at this time. My life now revolves around this chronic condition that has been brought on by mirvaso. I'm a mother as well, and my job is/was as a dance teacher and performer. I just need to know if people recovered from the long term rebound flushing (and pain).
    I hope by now you have recovered. I used this product for about 2-3 weeks and definitely over used it. This was in Feb of 2016. I read from another post that I don't have saved that some people did 1000mg Vit C with 500mg L-lysine 3x a day ( some added zinc though Im not sure the amount). I did this and washed with aveeno calming foam wash and used their calming day lotion mixed with a little vitamin E oil in the morning and at night. It took about a week and a half of this and my skin was the most beautiful it has been since I was 13. During my rebounding I was sent home from work (I was waitressing) bc my body heat got up and my face would turn purple from the flushing and I constantly felt sunburned. My face remained red free and breakout free from March 2016 - August 2016 with one 3-week "breakout" and healing in April 2016. My skin has never gone back to the rebound effect but as far as my normal issues (believe demodex) have returned. So as far as advice, the vitamin supplementation at least to get me back from the rebound, I found to be amazing. Hope though you have cleared!

Default correction and pictures

It was late March 2016 I had a rebound. Picture below and the picture is definitely not the worst it was but the only I have.

The clear face picture is father's day 2016 and I only have BB cream on for sunscreen and slight coverage. No powder. Skin hasn't looked like this in years! Wish it still did. . But the supplements were useful for rebound recovery.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Seek&YouShallFind View Post
    It was late March 2016 I had a rebound. Picture below and the picture is definitely not the worst it was but the only I have.

The clear face picture is father's day 2016 and I only have BB cream on for sunscreen and slight coverage. No powder. Skin hasn't looked like this in years! Wish it still did. . But the supplements were useful for rebound recovery.
    Hey, that's great! I am so glad to hear you recovered. I had a similar experience. I used Mirvaso ONCE in November of 2016, and the rebound effect was devastating. My face was purple at times, like you described, and recovering from that rebound took me months, and even now, six months later, I would still say that I am slightly worse off than I was before I used Mirvaso.

For me what's really helped has been red light therapy, though your talk of supplements has me curious. I might go ahead and try your method to see if it does me any good.

I also think I may have demodex mites. Is there a test that you can have done for that? I just want to have clear skin again already, damn it.

I'm really hoping that one day TinyDancer will come back to this forum and update us on her condition. I was a lurker on here for a while, and have read just about every single post of hers since my own Mirvaso disaster. It broke my heart to see how much she was suffering, and it angered me all the more to know that this nightmarish product still exists and is out there on the market. It has clearly done people more harm than good, and I wish Galderma would have some freaking integrity and just admit it already.