Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What has worked for your ocular rosacea?! HELP!!!!!

Whenever I start using TTO, it's hell for a few days- maybe this is mites dying but it will eventually get better. Maybe that's a sign of mites?

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    Whenever I start using TTO, it's hell for a few days- maybe this is mites dying but it will eventually get better. Maybe that's a sign of mites?
    You can ask your ophthalmologist to pull out some of your eyelashes and examine their roots under the microscope. If you have mites, the doctor will see them.

Everyone has demodex: http://phenomena.nationalgeographic....-on-your-face/ You don't need a doctor to find them.

The problem is most likely that some people have an allergic reaction to them. If you use a miticide and have relief, then you've diagnosed an allergic reaction to demodex.

Cliradex always helps me over time, but I still need doxy to control symptoms. Maybe demodex are only a part of the problem..

Not everyone has demodex in their eyelashes. I didn't have it 10 years ago.
    Doxycycline kills the bacteria inside demodex, but not the demodex itself, so you have this improvement which actually lasts for only as long as you take it.

Really? I didn't know that! What little buggers! I can't believe something so small can cause so much pain!

So you need doxy and Cliradex to kill demodex? Or just the Cliradex?

Both are optimal, but if you ever get tired of taking doxy or become resistant to it, Cliradex should be just fine.

I've basically tried everything, nothing has taken it away completely or if it does go away, it's for about ten days max then it will come back.

I've read a lot about people improving these type of symptoms with apple cider vinegar. It can be taken internally twice a day cut with water. Then people apply it as a toner to their skin. I've tried both of these and my skin broke out into a warzone- which I attribute to die-off. The longest I could go was one week. Because I work, I cannot go to work with my face oozing crust and all swollen in red warzones.

Now in regards to the eye, a theory is that taking apple cider internally may flush it all out from within. I know when I drink ACV, my body odor gets worse as my body expels toxins. I have checked out a book from the library called apple cider vinegar miracle health system by Patricia Bragg which discusses using it in the eyes. Direct from the book- 1/3 tsp bragg apple cider vinegar in 4 oz/ distilled water. You can use as an eyewash or as drops. repeat 2 to 3 times daily. Keep eye lids closed for 2 minutes after applying liquid. Sometimes slight smarting occurs.

I'm still on the fence about whether to take time off work to go the distance with ACV to see if it can help me. I've read some people get better in 2-3 weeks. Then there are people who have used it religiously for 3+ months and saw no progress other than having worsening symptoms all that time.

But I'm throwing the info out there for you to do what you'd like with it.