Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What has worked for your ocular rosacea?! HELP!!!!!

Try to find an ophthalmologist who is aware of demodectic blefaritis and performs applications of tea tree oil 50% on the eyelids in his office. Alternatively, use Cliradex wipes, they contain terpinen-4ol, the tea tree oil's active ingredient, they are expensive, but very efficient. Use artificial tears (I find the Hye to work best for me) or even lubricant eye gel with hyaluronic sodium. Avoid sugar, gluten and alcohol.

Default Thanks Maria

I'm sorry I didn't respond to your posting earlier but just learned how to use the forum. By reading this forum, I have found some valuable resources, including your suggestions. I ordered the Cliradex wipes through Amazon and also bought some baby shampoo. I wash my eyes with warm water and baby shampoo (no sting amazingly) and then use the Cliradex wipes (cutting them in half because of the exorbitant price). I do the treatment in the mornings and then only the baby shampoo wash if the eyes start bothering me again. Oh, I also use Systane lubricant eye drops as needed. These treatments have almost eliminated my eye problems. Oh, I also change my pillow case often.

Also, I'm vegan and have Celiac Disease so not eating gluten or sugar is easy. I never add sugar to anything but use raisins instead, and I don't drink.

Joan

Default Ouch, my eyes

Just ordered the Cliradex wipes--hope they help!

After 4 weeks using Cliradex twice a day I think I have some relief. Also using the Demodex solutions lash ointment at night. I think if you have a moderate-bad infestation it takes time. My eyes also got MUCH worse the first two weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    After 4 weeks using Cliradex twice a day I think I have some relief. Also using the Demodex solutions lash ointment at night. I think if you have a moderate-bad infestation it takes time. My eyes also got MUCH worse the first two weeks.
    I think Cliradex helps a lot. I'm going to start using the cliradex wipes again as soon as my eyes and face heal up from the allergic reaction (or whatever it was) to the prescription topicals my doc prescribed. I still have hope that the Doxycycline will help in the long run so I will continue to take that. Cliradex was not a cure for me, but it made things so much better. Cliradex does irritate my skin so I'm thinking of using it every other day and see how that goes. I'm also learning about potential triggers for me which are all the usual suspects...but especially sugar and alcohol. I've also realized that my eye problems coincided with my starting on HRT a little over a year ago. It seems that hormones play a big role for me as well.