Thread: This site needs a health warning!

Default This site needs a health warning!

I've decided not to use or visit this forum again. As this is only my 3rd post on The Rosacea Forum I know I'm not going to be missed! I want to explain why I will not be visiting here again. Firstly a relatively minor irritation - spam. Other forums I use have a zero tolerance to spam - the offending post is deleted by the site moderators and the offenders blocked from the site. It is all very well sticking a note on a post that someone is "banned from the site" but their post is still there and "Anyone here used a salux cloth" still features on the Forum index page. The medic running a clinic in Chicago "Charming Skin Med Spa" still advertises his service through this forum. I could go on!

I am sure there are people who have benefited from this forum and good luck to them, but I fear that there are gullible people duped into trying treatments and other strategies which are, at best, time and money wasting, or worse, potentially liable to exacerbate their condition or even cause serious physical damage. This is what bothers me most - this forum should come with a health warning.

Goodbye.

Quote Originally Posted by spokeshave View Post
    I've decided not to use or visit this forum again. As this is only my 3rd post on The Rosacea Forum I know I'm not going to be missed! I want to explain why I will not be visiting here again. Firstly a relatively minor irritation - spam. Other forums I use have a zero tolerance to spam - the offending post is deleted by the site moderators and the offenders blocked from the site. It is all very well sticking a note on a post that someone is "banned from the site" but their post is still there and "Anyone here used a salux cloth" still features on the Forum index page. The medic running a clinic in Chicago "Charming Skin Med Spa" still advertises his service through this forum. I could go on!

I am sure there are people who have benefited from this forum and good luck to them, but I fear that there are gullible people duped into trying treatments and other strategies which are, at best, time and money wasting, or worse, potentially liable to exacerbate their condition or even cause serious physical damage. This is what bothers me most - this forum should come with a health warning.
    I'm afraid I agree with all the above. The "Charming Skin Med Spa" is blatant spam. Where are the moderators these days?

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...1-charmingskin
    From his own post:
    My name is Jawdat. I am a professional health care doctor in Chicago. I have own clinic Charming Skin in USA.
    Even though his posts are related to Rosacea, his posts are often unrelated to the thread or post he is replying to. Example:

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...777#post313777
    Also, notice the search engine optimization tactics he is using the post.

IMO this falls under the definition of spam by a non-bot.

I saw a new post by him from today. I just sent a message to David Pascoe with the url to this thread. He will be able to get rid of the problem for us.
    Last edited by hg24; 16th September 2015 at 02:18 PM.

His posts are gone.

This guy was very patient and determined to get in and spam, but he is now gone.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

Thanks, David!