Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Rosacea AFTER Going Vegan

Default How did the nustock go??? My story sounds very similar to yours!

Quote Originally Posted by Darcelle View Post
    Okay, so there's a 10-minute editing limit. :P I also wanted to note the difference in pore size too, they're barely noticeable anymore whereas before my face looked like a road full of potholes.
    Darcelle,

How did you go with the nustock?
    I actually have a very similar story to you. Six months after having my first child and in the middle of trying out a vegan lifestyle I got rosacea.
    Literally the day before going vegan I remember my skin was the best it had looked possibly in my life. My skin looked like I had foundation on and I had no makeup on - I remember because I asked my husband to take some pics of me and our baby that day. Around the same time I used one of those coffee scrubs on my body and some on my face - also makes me wonder if I introduced some bad bacteria that may have been in the coffee scrub??
    My rosacea started out with pustules that just would not go away, for at least 6 months I had these awful things on my face. I tried many different things, mainly home remedies as at first I thought I had acne, and in my researched when I realised it could be rosacea I could not face that diagnosis, and still to this day (4 years later) I cannot accept that its incurable.

My biggest progress was when I had quit being strictly vegan and started having green smoothies 1-2 times a day consistently - main ingredients being banana and kale - my pustules cleared up but to this day I have persistent redness. For a couple of years I have done nothing and ignored it, I have even eaten quite unhealthfully and the pustules have not come back, only the very occasional 1 on my cheek which seems to link to high stress. Redness still persists. Fast forward to today, and I am currently working with a naturopath to see if I can get this redness cleared up and address any possible underlying conditions. Histamine intolerance is one that I'm looking at, as well as demodex. I tried the selsun blue shampoo on my face and hair recently for maybe a week - I didn't see redness clear up but I did wake up with a pustule on my nose - which is a place I have never had one before. I then read on this website that someone suggested that the active ingredient in selsun blue makes demodex migrate rather than kill them. I had noticed my nose being super itchy after using it and had been putting castor oil on itchy areas to calm it down. The fact that I reacted in this way makes me think it could be demodex. The histamine intolerance theory is also on my mind as I get headaches and panic attacks, mayonnaise seems to be a flushing trigger at the moment, and the fact that I got rosacea whilst being vegan, may be related to eating high amounts of high histamine foods on a vegan diet? Eg: Avocado, dates, nuts, spinach, soy, tomato, apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, cacao etc. Sorry for the long post, but gosh this rosacea business is hard to work out. I also do have eye symptoms with styes and itchiness - although I haven't had a stye in a couple of years. Stress has also been a big factor for me.
    Im going to try and eliminate as much histamine from my diet this week as I can manage, but I also had a tube of nustock arrive this week and I'm tempted to try it, so I would LOVE to hear how you went with it

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    Darcelle,

How did you go with the nustock?
    I actually have a very similar story to you. Six months after having my first child and in the middle of trying out a vegan lifestyle I got rosacea.
    Literally the day before going vegan I remember my skin was the best it had looked possibly in my life. My skin looked like I had foundation on and I had no makeup on - I remember because I asked my husband to take some pics of me and our baby that day. Around the same time I used one of those coffee scrubs on my body and some on my face - also makes me wonder if I introduced some bad bacteria that may have been in the coffee scrub??
    My rosacea started out with pustules that just would not go away, for at least 6 months I had these awful things on my face. I tried many different things, mainly home remedies as at first I thought I had acne, and in my researched when I realised it could be rosacea I could not face that diagnosis, and still to this day (4 years later) I cannot accept that its incurable.

My biggest progress was when I had quit being strictly vegan and started having green smoothies 1-2 times a day consistently - main ingredients being banana and kale - my pustules cleared up but to this day I have persistent redness. For a couple of years I have done nothing and ignored it, I have even eaten quite unhealthfully and the pustules have not come back, only the very occasional 1 on my cheek which seems to link to high stress. Redness still persists. Fast forward to today, and I am currently working with a naturopath to see if I can get this redness cleared up and address any possible underlying conditions. Histamine intolerance is one that I'm looking at, as well as demodex. I tried the selsun blue shampoo on my face and hair recently for maybe a week - I didn't see redness clear up but I did wake up with a pustule on my nose - which is a place I have never had one before. I then read on this website that someone suggested that the active ingredient in selsun blue makes demodex migrate rather than kill them. I had noticed my nose being super itchy after using it and had been putting castor oil on itchy areas to calm it down. The fact that I reacted in this way makes me think it could be demodex. The histamine intolerance theory is also on my mind as I get headaches and panic attacks, mayonnaise seems to be a flushing trigger at the moment, and the fact that I got rosacea whilst being vegan, may be related to eating high amounts of high histamine foods on a vegan diet? Eg: Avocado, dates, nuts, spinach, soy, tomato, apple cider vinegar, sauerkraut, cacao etc. Sorry for the long post, but gosh this rosacea business is hard to work out. I also do have eye symptoms with styes and itchiness - although I haven't had a stye in a couple of years. Stress has also been a big factor for me.
    Im going to try and eliminate as much histamine from my diet this week as I can manage, but I also had a tube of nustock arrive this week and I'm tempted to try it, so I would LOVE to hear how you went with it
    Any updates on how you're doing Elena?

I was just diagnosed with demodex -- I have type 1 and 2 rosacea (loads of p&p's). I have had it for about 5 years but a sudden, drastic change in diet (not vegan, but I dropped my caloric intake by about 2000 calories/day and cut out all sugars and non-vegetable carbs) provoked a MASSIVE reaction, making my face fire-engine read with hundreds of p&ps coming in waves 2 weeks apart. I'm in the midst of the 3rd of these waves. I believe them to be diet-provoked demodex die-offs. I'm currently on a dermatologist prescribed regimen of topical metrogel and clindamycin, waiting for DemoDerm to arrive in the mail, and hoping tea tree oil will help as well.

Did you try the Nu-stock and if so how did that go? I am thinking the DemoDerm will have similar effects to the Nu-stock as both are sulfur based. My skin is currently so bad I am housebound and no idea how long it will continue like this. I have good reason to believe it was diet-induced and the only change in my life really was this complete 180 in diet.