Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Rosacea AFTER Going Vegan

Quote Originally Posted by bakersmt View Post
    I was going to ask these things too. I had systemic Candida that was contributing to rosacea. If the meats are replaced with carbs or other sugars it could make the rosacea worse. As a person that did better than their doctors to cure themselves, I agree completely with everything you said.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Carbs are not problem if they are low gi, candida can feast on proteins, or fiber as well, yes refined sugar make it worst sometimes but not veggies/fruits (LOW GI ones!) or any other source of "sugars" if they do, the nutrients in them more then make up for it.

Once the inflammation in your body is gone, ~ 2 weeks on the diet/tips i recommended are needed (even sometimes results are seen even only 2-3 days!) you will get remarkable results, if one will follow the recommendations i guarantee big success, i'm rosacea free or at least 90% free. Many users here tried many things, i'm aware and didn't had great results - but this one is different, i'm using the same method to help many people with chronic illness, i got almost complete success in RA, digestive issues, insulin resistance, TMJ, dermatitis, acne, asthma, allergies and so on, and before you say we are all different, yes i know but inflammation is the root cause of all illness, and i got the recipe to destroy it.

Also i use very good combo of oils for topical application, amazing and powerful CO2 extracts (diluted in avocado carrier) which are the most potent topical agents known to men, even stronger then steroids with 0 side effects, if you guys want to know about this combo let me know, its quite a bit long to explain everything.
    Last edited by dazed1; 15th November 2017 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    Carbs are not problem if they are low gi, candida can feast on proteins, or fiber as well, yes refined sugar make it worst sometimes but not veggies/fruits (LOW GI ones!) or any other source of "sugars" if they do, the nutrients in them more then make up for it.

Once the inflammation in your body is gone, ~ 2 weeks on the diet/tips i recommended are needed (even sometimes results are seen even only 2-3 days!) you will get remarkable results, if one will follow the recommendations i guarantee big success, i'm rosacea free or at least 90% free. Many users here tried many things, i'm aware and didn't had great results - but this one is different, i'm using the same method to help many people with chronic illness, i got almost complete success in RA, digestive issues, insulin resistance, TMJ, dermatitis, acne, asthma, allergies and so on, and before you say we are all different, yes i know but inflammation is the root cause of all illness, and i got the recipe to destroy it.

Also i use very good combo of oils for topical application, amazing and powerful CO2 extracts (diluted in avocado carrier) which are the most potent topical agents known to men, even stronger then steroids with 0 side effects, if you guys want to know about this combo let me know, its quite a bit long to explain everything.
    Yeah I know. I've been doing it for the past year successfully. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by bakersmt View Post
    Yeah I know. I've been doing it for the past year successfully. Thanks.

Great to know, good luck buddy!

Vegans quite often have vitamin and mineral deficiencies that can cause flare ups.

I also had this problem when I became a vegan as a teenager. I still have to take a variety of multi vitamins due to an absorption problem.
    Most chemists or drug stores sell vitamins and minerals especially for vegans.

You need

Iron
    Vitamin B12
    Iodine
    Selenium
    Magnesium
    Calcium
    Vitamin D

Ask your pharmacist, I am sure they can advise you

Quote Originally Posted by Celticgirl View Post
    Vegans quite often have vitamin and mineral deficiencies that can cause flare ups.

I also had this problem when I became a vegan as a teenager. I still have to take a variety of multi vitamins due to an absorption problem.
    Most chemists or drug stores sell vitamins and minerals especially for vegans.

You need

Iron
    Vitamin B12
    Iodine
    Selenium
    Magnesium
    Calcium
    Vitamin D

Ask your pharmacist, I am sure they can advise you
    Pharmacist, know nothing about nutrition. Vegans does need to supplement, D3, and B12, and maybe omega 3 from algae. Selenium is not problem, there is plenty in plants, same as calcium, and especially magnesium. 100 grams of pumkin seeds has ~ 550mg.

The question is, why no one talk about omnivores antioxidant deficiencies, and if that diet is not prone to deficiency, how come vegans have vastly superior chronic diseases rates, as well as CVD?

What you talk about is, not enough educated vegans, more like band wagoners and trend followers, if you do your homework you will be like superhuman on vegan diet.

Quote Originally Posted by dazed1 View Post
    Pharmacist, know nothing about nutrition. Vegans does need to supplement, D3, and B12, and maybe omega 3 from algae. Selenium is not problem, there is plenty in plants, same as calcium, and especially magnesium. 100 grams of pumkin seeds has ~ 550mg.

The question is, why no one talk about omnivores antioxidant deficiencies, and if that diet is not prone to deficiency, how come vegans have vastly superior chronic diseases rates, as well as CVD?

What you talk about is, not enough educated vegans, more like band wagoners and trend followers, if you do your homework you will be like superhuman on vegan diet.

True indeed, however it depends where you live as well. I am in Europe, and the area where I live there is virtually no iodine or selenium in the soil, so sadly the vegetables do not contain them either.

I eat meat, and yet I have an iron deficiency. I guess the best bet is to get a blood test done, full works to see exactly what is needed and what it is not needed.

True indeed, however it depends where you live as well. I am in Europe, and the area where I live there is virtually no iodine or selenium in the soil, so sadly the vegetables do not contain them either.

I eat meat, and yet I have an iron deficiency. I guess the best bet is to get a blood test done, full works to see exactly what is needed and what it is not needed.
    I eat a brazil nut every day to get my selenium. One nut has almost a week supply of the recommended amount. Iodine is an issue everywhere for everyone...here in the States iodine is added to salt to ensure we have enough in our diet. Do they do the same in Europe?

I agree with Dazed...calcium and iron are easily attainable through plant foods if you are eating good servings of beans and greens daily. Vegans are no more at risk to being anemic than meat eaters. Vitamin D is an issue for everyone, vegans and omnivores alike, living in regions far from the equator. Vitamin B12 is the only vitamin that one can not obtain from plants. It is found in the bacteria in animal foods. Interestingly enough, we make our own vitamin B12 in our large intestine, but cannot absorb it since we absorb this nutrient in the small intestine. So, yes, if you follow a 100% plant based diet, I would supplemental B12, vitamin D (if it doesn't cause you to flush), eat plenty of beans and greens, seeds/nuts (for selenium, zinc, omega-3's---especially flaxseeds), and make sure you are getting a good form of iodine from either iodized salt or a supplement.

Just my 2 cents!
    M.

Quote Originally Posted by MissM View Post
    I eat a brazil nut every day to get my selenium. One nut has almost a week supply of the recommended amount. Iodine is an issue everywhere for everyone...here in the States iodine is added to salt to ensure we have enough in our diet. Do they do the same in Europe?

I agree with Dazed...calcium and iron are easily attainable through plant foods if you are eating good servings of beans and greens daily. Vegans are no more at risk to being anemic than meat eaters. Vitamin D is an issue for everyone, vegans and omnivores alike, living in regions far from the equator. Vitamin B12 is the only vitamin that one can not obtain from plants. It is found in the bacteria in animal foods. Interestingly enough, we make our own vitamin B12 in our large intestine, but cannot absorb it since we absorb this nutrient in the small intestine. So, yes, if you follow a 100% plant based diet, I would supplemental B12, vitamin D (if it doesn't cause you to flush), eat plenty of beans and greens, seeds/nuts (for selenium, zinc, omega-3's---especially flaxseeds), and make sure you are getting a good form of iodine from either iodized salt or a supplement.

Just my 2 cents!
    M.
    The salt does have added iodine, but you have to make sure you buy the right one in the stores. I seem unable to get enough, so just take a supplement instead.

I also heard that vitamin B12 has to be absorbed in the stomach, also that vitamin D is fat soluble, so if on a low fat diet it can be difficult to absorb it properly. I never knew we made it in our intestines? That is really interesting.

I find it strange that even though I do eat meat, my blood results came back and the doctor asked if I was vegan because my iron and calcium levels were so low. This is why even though I do eat meat, I have to supplement my diet with vitamins. I have no idea why I cannot get the right amount from my food. It is really strange indeed.

I find it strange that even though I do eat meat, my blood results came back and the doctor asked if I was vegan because my iron and calcium levels were so low. This is why even though I do eat meat, I have to supplement my diet with vitamins. I have no idea why I cannot get the right amount from my food. It is really strange indeed.
    Most vegans eat way to little, they got confused by the volume of the servings, which does not indicate how much calories you consume. And being plant based, means that the callories are very efficent and get used way faster, so in order to avoid being skinny or weak you must eat like 10% -20% more calories then you need to with regular diets.

P.S. IMHO everyone need to supplement this days, but that is completely different subject.

The salt does have added iodine, but you have to make sure you buy the right one in the stores. I seem unable to get enough, so just take a supplement instead.

I also heard that vitamin B12 has to be absorbed in the stomach, also that vitamin D is fat soluble, so if on a low fat diet it can be difficult to absorb it properly. I never knew we made it in our intestines? That is really interesting.

Hi Celticgirl!

We release intrinsic factor in our stomach to help free up B12 from protein (if we are getting our B12 from animal foods), then we can absorb the B12 in our small intestine. People who have pernicious anemia lack intrinsic factor in the stomach, hence the B12 stays bound to the protein, and absorption of this nutrient is minimal causing the deficiency.

Agreed, we def need fat in our diets to absorb all fat soluble nutrients (A,D,E,K). Even though I eat 100% plant-based, I consume a moderate amount of healthy fats at every meal...avocados, nuts, seeds (especially flaxseed/walnuts for omega-3s! ).

Anemia can happen for many reasons. If you are getting enough iron through supplements, there is something going on with your ability to absorb the nutrient. I have a friend who eats tons of red meat and also takes supplements, but has ended up in the hospital numerous times with severe anemia. She has been this way since early adulthood. The doctors cannot give her any answers to why she can't build up the iron stores. :/

I too take iodine because I don't consume a lot of salt or processed foods. I think everyone (omnivore and vegan alike) are at risk for this deficiency, so like you, I think supplementation is beneficial.

Hope you are having a good weekend,
    M.