Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 103

Thread: Anti Redness Moisturizer Free Sample

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    1,517

    Default

    Hi realwork, private messaging is enabled on the forum. You might need to post a few more times. It only kicks in once you post a certain amount of times. Don't know how many. I think that's set up to protect people from spam.

  2. #12
    Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Posts
    72
    Country: Spain

    Default

    Although I lost completely my faith in creams, I would like to try it out since itīs a homemade cream.

    The shipping cost for a small package can be pretty expensive, I think about 30-40 euros to Spain.
    Suffering from Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii (KPRF)

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    125
    Country: United States

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by realwork View Post
    Thank you very much for the suggestion, i'll look into it.

    Am I right in thinking this forum has private messaging disabled? Thats a shame.

    Anyone who wants a free sample please email me: joeassange at gmail.com davekelly, 001, srt130 - please send me an email! Would really like to get a sample over to you!

    realwork

    It's worth a try, would it be easiest to just put the sample on ebay and I could pay for the shipping there?

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    200
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SRT150 View Post
    It's worth a try, would it be easiest to just put the sample on ebay and I could pay for the shipping there?
    Yeah that could be an idea. Please shoot me over an email to joeassange at gmail.com so I can send you an email when I have the samples ready.

    realwork

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    200
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi realwork, private messaging is enabled on the forum. You might need to post a few more times. It only kicks in once you post a certain amount of times. Don't know how many. I think that's set up to protect people from spam.
    Aha I see! No worries, thanks hg24.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    200
    Country: UK

    Default

    I thought I would post an update on my progress.

    I am close to finalizing the recipe. It has the whitening effective to reduce redness I am looking for, however the preservatives (Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin) cause a very slight stinging sensation when applied (I have very sensitive skin).

    Unfortunately, all water based products such as moisturizers require a preservative otherwise over time they would become infested with bacteria, yeasts, fungi and molds.

    The next preservative I will try is Liquid Germall Plus. It is a little more expensive, however it is much more suitable for sensitive skin because it can be used in much smaller concentrations.

    I already have some volunteers to try out a free sample. Please request a free sample by emailing - together we can work to create a product for us, by us. A product which really helps reduce redness and doesn't irritate the skin.

    Thanks,

    realwork
    Last edited by realwork; 21st December 2017 at 09:47 PM.

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    753

    Default

    Hi mate

    Have a look at the ingredients in this . Its the only thing Ive put on my face in 17 years .

    Avene Extremley Gentle Cleanser .
    Last edited by davekelly; 15th September 2015 at 07:42 PM.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    200
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Hi mate

    Have a look at the ingredients in this . Its the only thing Ive put on my face in 17 years .

    Avene Extremley Gentle Cleanser .
    Cheers Dave, I can have a look through the ingredients list and see which preservative they use.

  9. #19
    Senior Member johnabetts's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,128
    Country: UK

    Default

    Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser:

    Ingredients

    Avene thermal spring water (avene aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. 0-phenylphenol. Cetrimonium bromide. Decyl glucoside. Disodium edta. Sodium cetearyl sulfate. Sodium lauryl sulfate. Water (aqua).

    Rather odd mixture. Cetrimonium bromide is a cationic surfactant incompatible with anionic surfactants such as sodium cetearyl sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate.

    In the framework of Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products:

    O-phenylphenol: The current maximum authorised concentration of 0.2% for the use of O-phenylphenol as a preservative in cosmetic products is considered unsafe due to low margin of safety.
    Overall, the formulation seems somewhat confusing.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    200
    Country: UK

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser:

    Ingredients

    Avene thermal spring water (avene aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. 0-phenylphenol. Cetrimonium bromide. Decyl glucoside. Disodium edta. Sodium cetearyl sulfate. Sodium lauryl sulfate. Water (aqua).

    Rather odd mixture. Cetrimonium bromide is a cationic surfactant incompatible with anionic surfactants such as sodium cetearyl sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate.

    In the framework of Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products:



    Overall, the formulation seems somewhat confusing.
    Thanks for the info johnabetts. Seems best to avoid that preservative!

Similar Threads

  1. Miravage Redness Relief & Anti-Aging Moisturizer
    By alperku88 in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10th January 2016, 03:14 PM
  2. What is your anti-redness moisturizer?
    By time4soupe in forum Similar and co-existing conditions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 7th November 2015, 12:44 PM
  3. Oil free moisturizer cream?
    By daneel.olivaw in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 28th July 2013, 01:23 AM
  4. Free Sample Trial Group - Rosacea Relief Cream
    By Mike Reeves in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th May 2010, 08:30 AM
  5. Moisturizer that decreases redness?
    By Gauntlet00 in forum Topical and oral products (non-prescription)
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 1st January 2009, 01:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •