Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Anti Redness Moisturizer Free Sample

Hi realwork, private messaging is enabled on the forum. You might need to post a few more times. It only kicks in once you post a certain amount of times. Don't know how many. I think that's set up to protect people from spam.

Although I lost completely my faith in creams, I would like to try it out since itīs a homemade cream.

The shipping cost for a small package can be pretty expensive, I think about 30-40 euros to Spain.
    Suffering from Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii (KPRF)

Quote Originally Posted by realwork View Post
    Thank you very much for the suggestion, i'll look into it.

Am I right in thinking this forum has private messaging disabled? Thats a shame.

Anyone who wants a free sample please email me: joeassange at gmail.com davekelly, 001, srt130 - please send me an email! Would really like to get a sample over to you!

realwork

It's worth a try, would it be easiest to just put the sample on ebay and I could pay for the shipping there?

Quote Originally Posted by SRT150 View Post
    It's worth a try, would it be easiest to just put the sample on ebay and I could pay for the shipping there?
    Yeah that could be an idea. Please shoot me over an email to joeassange at gmail.com so I can send you an email when I have the samples ready.

realwork

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi realwork, private messaging is enabled on the forum. You might need to post a few more times. It only kicks in once you post a certain amount of times. Don't know how many. I think that's set up to protect people from spam.
    Aha I see! No worries, thanks hg24.

I thought I would post an update on my progress.

I am close to finalizing the recipe. It has the whitening effective to reduce redness I am looking for, however the preservatives (Phenoxyethanol & Ethylhexylglycerin) cause a very slight stinging sensation when applied (I have very sensitive skin).

Unfortunately, all water based products such as moisturizers require a preservative otherwise over time they would become infested with bacteria, yeasts, fungi and molds.

The next preservative I will try is Liquid Germall Plus. It is a little more expensive, however it is much more suitable for sensitive skin because it can be used in much smaller concentrations.

I already have some volunteers to try out a free sample. Please request a free sample by emailing - together we can work to create a product for us, by us. A product which really helps reduce redness and doesn't irritate the skin.

Thanks,

realwork
    Last edited by realwork; 21st December 2017 at 09:47 PM.

Hi mate

Have a look at the ingredients in this . Its the only thing Ive put on my face in 17 years .

Avene Extremley Gentle Cleanser .
    Last edited by davekelly; 15th September 2015 at 07:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Hi mate

Have a look at the ingredients in this . Its the only thing Ive put on my face in 17 years .

Avene Extremley Gentle Cleanser .
    Cheers Dave, I can have a look through the ingredients list and see which preservative they use.

Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser:

Ingredients

Avene thermal spring water (avene aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. 0-phenylphenol. Cetrimonium bromide. Decyl glucoside. Disodium edta. Sodium cetearyl sulfate. Sodium lauryl sulfate. Water (aqua).

Rather odd mixture. Cetrimonium bromide is a cationic surfactant incompatible with anionic surfactants such as sodium cetearyl sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate.

In the framework of Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products:

O-phenylphenol: The current maximum authorised concentration of 0.2% for the use of O-phenylphenol as a preservative in cosmetic products is considered unsafe due to low margin of safety.
    Overall, the formulation seems somewhat confusing.

Quote Originally Posted by johnabetts View Post
    Avene Extremely Gentle Cleanser:

Ingredients

Avene thermal spring water (avene aqua). Cetearyl alcohol. 0-phenylphenol. Cetrimonium bromide. Decyl glucoside. Disodium edta. Sodium cetearyl sulfate. Sodium lauryl sulfate. Water (aqua).

Rather odd mixture. Cetrimonium bromide is a cationic surfactant incompatible with anionic surfactants such as sodium cetearyl sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate.

In the framework of Regulation (EC) No 1223/2009 of the European Parliament and of the Council on cosmetic products:

Overall, the formulation seems somewhat confusing.
    Thanks for the info johnabetts. Seems best to avoid that preservative!