Thread: Just got back from the doctor and suspicious with the stuff I was just given.. Help?

Default Just got back from the doctor and suspicious with the stuff I was just given.. Help?

So I haven't seen my doctor since December and now I feel like I just left a Car Dealership. So I have been taking Doxycycline 100mg 1nce a day for about 8 months straight. He told me to stop cold turkey and try his NEW forumula thats cheaper then the rest. It's a mix of

Ivermectin
    Metronidazole and
    Potassium Azelyoyl Diglycinate.

I was questioning him on it asking was it tested, does it work, and in the end he just googled in front of me this is all the new medication thats is now mixed together but cheaper at his office. He said he noticed 20% of his patients that worked really well immediatly. I figured I'll try it because i'll try anything to get Rosacea to go away.

In the end though I got him to fill my prescription of Doxycycline because last time I stopped cold turkey, my face turned bright red and purple and had cysts everywhere. I asked him if I should slowly ween off and he kind of disregarded it. What the hell should I do? I just got home and am a little baffled... He also gave me the sulfur cream to rinse my face twice a day.

Maybe it would be best to patch test it first for a week. See if there's any reaction.

Ivermectin
    Metronidazole and
    It's a common stuff now and very well tolerate.

I don't know what this stuff is "Potassium Azelyoyl Diglycinate".

I see that you ask on another forum : http://hair1loss-remedies.blogspot.f...octor-and.html

thanks johnabetts...

I already looked at it but I still don't know what bring this stuff for rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by FaceRouge View Post
    thanks johnabetts...

I already looked at it but I still don't know what bring this stuff for rosacea.
    from http://purifiedskincare.com/sensitiv...l-diglycinate/

Sensitive Skin and Azeloyl Glycine (Potassium Azeloyl Diglycinate – Azeloglicina)

Azeloyl Glycine – The Benefits of the New Azelaic Acid Derivative

Azelaic acid is a traditional whitening and anti-acne active ingredient. But its usage in cosmetics is limited because of its insolubility, high melt point and large dosage requirement.

Azeloyl Glycine (also known as – potassium azeloyl diglycinate or azeloglicina) is a new type azelaic acid derivative that resolves many of the “stumbling blocks” azelaic acid carries with it. Azeloyl Glycine offers higher solubility in water, requires less dosage, has better effects of whitening, and better effects controlling the secretion of sebum.

Many studies indicate that Azeloyl Glycine is a safe, highly effective, and multifunctional cosmetic ingredient.

Sensitive skin types have found azeloyl glycine easier to tolerate compared to azelaic acid.

More about potassium azeloyl diglycinate:
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3488300/
    Potassium azeloyl diglycinate, obtained by reacting the chloride of azelaic acid with two molecules of glycine and KOH, is a new generation ingredient. It is an innovative water-soluble molecule exhibiting sebum normalizing activity and whitening properties.9 The glycine content provides moisturizing effects and increases the stratum corneum plasticity. Hydroxypropyl chitosan (HPCH) is a water-soluble semisynthetic derivative of chitosan, which acts as a film protector for the skin from some environmental chemical or physical insults.10 HPCH is permeable to air and moisture, forming an elastic film and it increases the dispersion of other agents with a good safety profile. Chitosan and its derivatives possess adhesive properties on different biologic tissues because of their positive charges.11
    And http://www.sinerga.it/eng/brochure/AZELO.pdf

Pretty interesting to see that your doc isn't just giving you something generic, but that he has the knowledge to give you something custom/special.

Looks to me that he is targeting demodex mites, which isn't a strange idea. An alternative would be to try Soolantra (which uses topical ivermectin as active ingredient), but that isn't widely available yet.

But as, hg24 said, you may have to be careful with trying all the stuff at once. Possibly add a safe moisturizer.

Interesting, I wonder if anyone on here has personal experiences with Azeloyl Glycine versus regular Finacea (or other Azelaic Acid products)? Finacea does seem to help with my redness/skin tone and larger red bumps, but I've found that over time it gives me a quite a few of a different type of smaller bump that isn't very visible unless your up close. At first I thought it might be the other ingredients in the carrier, so I tried a different product with Azeliac acid and wound up with the same tiny bumps. Therefore, I'm assuming it's some type of irritation from the Azelaic Acid. I wonder if I used Azeloyl Glycine if I might be able to avoid this problem.