Thread: Soolantra/Rosiver (Ivermectin) For Seb Derm

Default Soolantra/Rosiver (Ivermectin) For Seb Derm

Has anyone with seb derm used any ivermectin based cream? If so what were the results.

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    Has anyone with seb derm used any ivermectin based cream? If so what were the results.
    Hi Johny,

When I used permethrin or oral ivermectin it took the SD, rosacea and ocular rosacea away for me. Also tto/coconut oil helps is better than nothing. I am going to ask doc for Soolantra because from my experience its the only thing that helps and I think I need long term.

D

I got a prescription for Rosiver and am going to pick it up tomorrow. The pharmacists didn't have it in stock so she had to order it. It's coming in a 60g tube and costs $170. Luckily, my insurance covers most of that.

Ivermectin was pretty popular on here a few years ago with people even using products used for cattle injection (ivomec) so i'm interested in trying this out.

Didnt you clear your symptoms throughout diet Johny? Or what happened? Just curious

^ No not fully, it's still here. Diet improved my skin a lot but it didn't cure my seb derm. I don't think that any diet alone could eliminate seb derm unfortunately.

Hi John. I think it's a good idea for Seb dermers to try Soolantra in conjunction with a topical antifungal. Mixed and oily skin sufferers can have higher levels of Demodex especially over 30. Two Russian studies showed significant increases of bacteria on rosacea skin infested with Demodex where as the levels were lower in those not infested. The same could apply to Sed Derm and it may not only be malassezia that are causing the problem. It will be interesting to see how you get on.

Default trying soolantra now

Quote Originally Posted by johny View Post
    I have combination seb derm/flushing rosacea, my doctor just gave me a prescription for soolantra. Trying it now (day 4), so far the results are not encouraging. My forehead, the spot between the eyebrows, and the areas around the nose and lips are inflamed and have a gritty orange-peel texture. The cheeks have erupted with small pimples in a few spots (which normally doesn't happen) and I am experiencing a stinging/burning sensation all day. Very flushed overall. I'll try to last out another three-four weeks to see if my skin gets used to the cream.

The little booklet that came with the medication had graphs that showed that about 40% of the study participants experienced complete or almost complete clearing up of symptoms at the end of the 12-week study. The real differences, where the cream started diverging from the placebo, occurred at 4 weeks of daily once-a-day use. This is for papulopustular rosacea. In theory, ivermectin should have no effect on the type of yeast that causes seb derm, but the cream seems to be making my symptoms much worse for both rosacea and seb derm.

I am also using the ketoconazole 2% shampoo and a gentle zinc oxide facial soap.

^ Thats too bad.

I initially used Soolantra for 2 months alone and it didn't have much success. It didn't cause me whiteheads but my seb derm was still present.

I'm trying it again as of last week. I use is at night after I wash my face with e45 and so far the results are decent. Can't make any conclusions just yet though.

I confirm : Soolantra has no effect on seb derm and can cause worse.

But it has a good effect on the skin texture and rosacea induced by demodex.

My experience with using Ivomec 1% (the stuff made for animals) was that it only helped with pustules caused by rosacea. If this is the sole source of your rosacea, you may find it to be quite a relief. I also have seb derm though, and it did not help much with the flaking/redness caused by that.