Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Extra Dry Skin Cream with hyaluronic acid

Default Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream for Extra Dry Skin Cream with hyaluronic acid

I am always on a search for a good hydrating skin moisturizer. I saw this advertised on TV last night and in doing some research on the hyaluronic acid, have found it promising for Rosacea skin.

Other ingredients in this cream besides the hyaluronic acid are: Water, Dimethicone, Glycerin, Cetearyl Olivate, Polyacrylamide, Sorbitan Olivate, Phenoxyethanol, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Synthetic Beeswax, C13-14 Isoparaffin, Dimethiconol, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Laureth-7, Carbomer, Sodium Hyaluronate, Ethylhexylglycerin, C12-14 Pareth-12, Sodium Hydroxide

Has anyone tried this on their skin yet and what were the results? I am going to do a patch test this evening before I go all out on something new.......it's called lessons learned in life with a Rosacea face.

I've been curious about that product, too. The hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate) is pretty far down on the ingredients list, though. So not sure about it.

I use pure hyaluronic acid - a couple of drops Under or mixed into moisturizer. I haven't noticed any positive/negative effect on rosacea, but it does give a hydration boost when you add it in to various creams. Alone it can seem drying.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    I've been curious about that product, too. The hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate) is pretty far down on the ingredients list, though. So not sure about it.

I use pure hyaluronic acid - a couple of drops Under or mixed into moisturizer. I haven't noticed any positive/negative effect on rosacea, but it does give a hydration boost when you add it in to various creams. Alone it can seem drying.

I'm going to try a test patch on my face this evening when I go to bed and will let you know if I have reactions to this cream. Problem is with trying to find the right moisturizer is whereas there might be the one ingredient that is supposed to be good for Rosacea skin, however, when they add in other ingredients and even just a small percentage of them, they can cause havoc on one's face.

I still use Neosporine Moisturizing cream in the yellow tube twice a day as my moisturizer and it works just fine, but if there might be something better, it's always worth a shot. Trial and error in the world of Rosacea.

Great! Am eager to hear if you like it. I'm still using the Neosporin, too. Today I added a couple of drops of Vitamin C to it in the palm of my hand, but didn't care for it. I'm a little hesitant to use actives right now. I've been working hard to rebuild my skin barrier, so don't want to aggravate my skin.

Great! Am eager to hear if you like it. I'm still using the Neosporin, too. Today I added a couple of drops of Vitamin C to it in the palm of my hand, but didn't care for it. I'm a little hesitant to use actives right now. I've been working hard to rebuild my skin barrier, so don't want to aggravate my skin.

hg24 - Wednesday morning, I tried a spot check by applying all over my forehead (which generally is not affected by Rosacea too much - weird) but also put a small amount on my left cheek under my eyes and on my upper left cheek.

Thursday morning I did not notice any blistering or redness so this morning, I did a repeat on the same cheek only a thicker amount plus included a little more of the cheek plus on the entire forehead again. You don't use a lot but what I did notice is that after you apply and rub it in, it does not leave a shiny look to your face like the Neosporin moisturizing cream does but it does leave your skin soft but so does the Neosporin.

I will report back on what happens with my second spot application of Neosporin vs this stuff, I like the Neutrogena because it does leave less of a shiny look to the face as compared to the Neosporin and it does absorb well. But the Neosporin, what I like about that is, when you apply it and your face is a little "angry" shall we say, it does calm it down some. Now maybe this stuff might as well, who knows.

Stay tuned.......still testing.

Great, good to know, terrieb! Is it a gel or a cream?

It is a light gel. So far so good - on my second test patch. My opinion is, a person will use more of this product than the Neosporin so you will be buying the Neutrogena more often than the Neosporin but we'll see. I bought mine for $16.99 at Rite Aid but I also have a 20% off card I use all the time there. The Neosporin I pay $14.00 at Rite Aid plus my 20% discount card but it lasts for months. So if this turns out good, I may use the Neosporin at night and use the Neutrogena in the morning for daytime since it is less shiny than the Neosporin when you apply it to your face.

Tomorrow, I will apply the Neutrogena on my entire face and neck if I do not have any irritation in the morning (Sat. morning).

hg24 - also keep in mind - there are several variations of this Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel. I chose to try the Extra Dry Skin because it is Fragrance free and because it is specific to extra dry skin which is a part of Rosacea skin. Several of the other variations of this product are not fragrance free. I try to stay away from fragrance anything.

Ah yes, I'd want fragrance free, too. Does it have any oils in it?

Ah yes, I'd want fragrance free, too. Does it have any oils in it?
    I don't know if it has any oils in it or not unless one of the ingredients listed above in a prior post is an oil but I don't think so. I like this gel and it goes on smooth and you don't use alot either as I thought you would. It does not irritate my face at all and it does not present a shine to the face afterwards like the Neosporin does but I am not giving up my Neosporin moisturizing cream either. I really like it. The real test will be, will it help keep my skin hydrated? Time will tell. Like I said before, it seems everything I have tried in the past other than the Neosporin has caused my skin to react horribly with redness, blisters and acne lesions. I am going to use the Neutragena Hydro Boost gel in the morning for my daytime cream and then the Neosporin Moisturizing cream at night.

I would like to be able to get off the antibiotics but I am not ready to try that yet. I take a Probiotic (Acidophilus) every day to provide my gut the good bacteria I need while taking the antibiotics.

I know everyone's Rosacea is different which amazes me in regards to the mystery of Rosacea and how it affects people differently. Is it hereditary, is it because of gut issues, compromised immune system, mites.............am reading reports that the mites might be a farce...........but what really causes it?
    Why do some people get this and other people don't? I wish I had the medical smarts to figure it out as top dermatologists sure can't figure it out.

Good luck hg24 if you decide to try this gel/cream. I would suggest doing a test patch for a few days before you go all out.
    If you do try it, I would like to hear how you are doing with it.