Thread: Some success with vitC

Default Some success with vitC

Just wanted to say that I have been helped a lot with Vit C last winter. I took 4000 mg of estherC per day (1000mg 4 times a day) and experienced a major lessening of neurogenic sensations on my face (I would feel my face constantly) that helped me through the winter with much less flushing and no bumps. I was able to sleep at night without waking up with burning cheek, I could watch TV with no burning. I would still flush when exposed to my main triggers but altogether I experienced a very calm face in between the flushing episodes and it was GREAT! HOWEVER and just as usual when finding something that helps, the effect wore off after 6 months of taking it. Back to square 1 with a rosacea that keeps getting worse whatever I try, anyway.
    Thought this could help some, at least for some time.
    Marie

Wow, that's great, Marie! I think Mistica was helped by Vitamin C at one point, too. There was another forum member who posted recently about success with Vitamin C. I've been reading recentky about high-dose Vitamin C - trying to decide whether to up my dose. I've been taking 1,000 mg capsules absorbic acid only once or twice a day.

Is Esther C a better form of Vitamin C? Is there a reason you chose it over the absorbic acid form?

I have type 1 rosacea. Flushing, redness and yes, that "being aware of my face" feeling.

I've been taking high-dose Vit D the last couple of weeks and have had a calmer face. (tested low, taking 4,000-8,000 mg/day). Also, eating more sweet potatoes (for beta carotene to Vit A conversion) and taking astaxanthin, a carotenoid supplement. I can't say that the calmer face is because of any one thing, though the D seemed to make a big difference, but my goal is to bring down inflammation and gain some photoprotection and skin strength. Through my research, I also found that some rosaceans and acne sufferers were being helped by Vit D. Maybe one of these supps could help you post Vit C?

HI hg24,
    EstherC is more bio available. This was very clear as I had already tried taking 4000mg of basic vitC before, with no effect whatsoever.
    I took vit D 3 years ago but it didn't change anything. My levels were pretty good. I've asked my GP to be tested again for vitD levels because I avoid the sun like the plague and I feel I could get low. I am reading about niacinamide at the moment and I might try that. I don't believe my rosacea is due to systemic inflammation. Food was never a problem and I am overall healthy. I think my skin barrier has been deeply altered by environnemental factors.
    Wish you find what helps you.
    Marie

Thanks, Marie. You, too.