Page 62 of 64 FirstFirst ... 12526061626364 LastLast

Thread: vbeam experience and advice

I haven't posted in a while but I've had 11 pdl currently 10 at regular intervals and top ups since then they're very expensive and certainly not a cure but from where I was at the start they in addition to a change in diet have had a massive effect on my skin I still have good days and bad days but they're mostly good now and on them days my skin is very white and even on bad days my cheeks are just a light pink colour which even that is a lot better than what it was like before when it was a dark red/purple every day

Hello Torres9,

Thanks you to coming back and to update.
    Is the pdl a vbeam ? What settings did you use ? Purpura settings ?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Hi guys. I just had my first v-beam treatment 5 days ago, and since then I've been experiencing a bad breakout on my cheeks which I never really get--most of my acne is located on my chin/jaw. Is it normal for v-beam to cause an initial breakout? I should mention that I'm also using soolantra--been using it for about a month now, as well as doxy.

Hi Carllambert1993,

Isn't any after/before picture of your laser treatment process?
    Unfortunately, I haven't read all this 60 pages of thread!

Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my experience with using pulsed dye lasers “Vbeam” to treat rosacea. I have had vascular Rosacea since I was in my mid teens that got progressively worse over the years. At the age of 18 I decided that no topical was going to help the redness and searched for a Doctor who did pulsed dye laser treatments in Ireland.

I found a clinic close by in Dublin city that had a Pulsed Dye Laser, I booked in for a consultation and a patch test. On the day of the patch test I asked the laser “Nurse” not Doctor to hit the spider veins around my nose, she dropped the pulse duration to 0.5ms “Cynosure Vstar Pulsed Dye Laser” and used too high of a fluence which ruptured the vessels on impact and left a deep purple bruise.

3 days later the patch test area blistered but healed without scarring. What was left behind after the bruising went was this perfect blanched out area of redness, unfortunately the other long pulsed patch test areas did not respond.

As I was desperate and didn’t know a lot about lasers I continued with treatments. After 3 sessions and no results I asked the laser Nurse to drop the pulse to 0.5 ms which she refused. She assured me that a 0.5ms would blister and scar the skin. When I brought published study’s in showing the safety and effectiveness of 0.45ms pulsed dye laser for rosacea I was told it was not necessary and the new laser would achieve the same effect.

Anyway fast forward 2500 euro and nine treatments later the area around my nose did not blend in, and still had small telangiectasia all over my face. When I complained the laser Nurse told me “everybody has vessels”…. Everybody has not spent 2500 euro removing them!!

Fast forward to 2015 I decided to look around and find a Doctor that could use a short pulse duration to treat my rosacea, and just a couple of months ago finally found one

I just wanted to let everyone know why long Pulsed dye laser are so ineffective! The pulse duration of the laser must match the thermal relaxation time of its target. Example, small blood vessels will require a short pulse duration “this could be as short 0.45ms to effectively treat it” and a large vessel with require a longer pulse duration.

If your Vbeam treatments are used with the appropriate settings for your blood vessels you should noticed blanching in the areas hit by the laser “AFTER ONE SESSION OR PATCH TEST!!!”
    Below …hopefully if I can get it working are pictures of blanching after my short pulse vbeam treatments 0.45ms – 1.5ms.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

what was ur spotsize and pulse duration

Default Vbeam day 1

Just got Vbeam done for redness/flushing on cheeks and nose. Had permanent redness and flushing that would trigger daily. The vbeam was relatively not that bad, feels like a sunburn after the first pulse and continues to feel like a sunburn while he keeps zapping you. It’s not that bad. You also wear metal googles and keep your eyes closed but you still can sense the light. As of now( 1 hour after treatment) it still feels like sunburn and a little bit of swelling. Will update!

Default Vbeam Day 2

So...it’s a day after the vbeam and so far I’m excited! Swelling flared up the first night and then this next day the swelling has been slowly going away. Although there is still a puffiness to my face. However I don’t feel my cheeks feeling flushed like they would always feel like with the pulsing blood vessels. I don’t know if this is because my face is swollen and I can’t feel them(hoping not) or if this already has had effects. I’m not sure. The initial Redness(looked liked a sunbrn)has subsided but the redness is still worse than pre vbeam but not by much. Will update tomorrow!

Default Vbeam Day 3333

It is now day 3 and the swelling is just about gone. A little bit still on my nose but nonetheless it’s jsut about gone. I have not gave my face a good wash since the Vbean due to skin sensitivity but plan to soon. My skin is fairy red(more so than before) but hope it goes away as time goes on since my cheeks feel a lot less flushed since treatment. Will update tomorrow to let you know if I wash my face👌🏻😁
    Last edited by RosaceaGuy24(:; 20th January 2018 at 04:40 PM.

Default Crazy day 4!!!!

So starting off the swelling on face was gone and my cheeks felt amazing but my nose was still swollen. Well as the day went on the swelling kept subsiding and my nose kept getting better. I had a bulbous nose that would always get red and it’s going away(this might be the happiest I felt about my face in 2 years) I still have along way to go with only being 4 days out. But so far the results couldn’t have been better!

Quote Originally Posted by RosaceaGuy24(: View Post
    So starting off the swelling on face was gone and my cheeks felt amazing but my nose was still swollen. Well as the day went on the swelling kept subsiding and my nose kept getting better. I had a bulbous nose that would always get red and it’s going away(this might be the happiest I felt about my face in 2 years) I still have along way to go with only being 4 days out. But so far the results couldn’t have been better!
    Hey there just wanted to let you know I am reading your posts with interest I hope the progress continues. I'm curious if you dealt with evening flushing, or what your flushing triggers were? Did you have burning with the flushing? Sorry if you mentioned any of that elsewhere ... best wishes