Page 3 of 64 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: vbeam experience and advice

Quote Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
    And have you been tested for other conditions that can make you flush ? I'm not saying this to make you worry, but there are several conditions other than rosacea than can cause burning and reddening of the skin (there is a thread dedicated to that on this forum, somewhere !), and I think it's important to be tested for those when rosacea-like symptoms appear for young people.

But it's great that you feel like the V-beams help you ! With a few more you should really start to see a clear amelioration.
    Stop talking rubbish . Red skin causing flushing (Rosacea,KPRF etc etc ) is all treated by the same things

I know he's only 21 but Carl knows more about redness and flushing than 99% of the people who post on this forum

Dave, Ariana is referring to other diseases that can mimic the look and flushing of rosacea. For example, carcinoid syndrome, lupus and others. Carcinoid syndrome is a set of symptoms that develop from cancerous tumors in the body. My doctors - GP and derm - tested for these and other conditions to rule them out before diagnosing rosacea.

Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Hi Ariana,

The dermatologist I attended did do a thyroid test, that came back normal and all was ok. I have seen that thread on this site and have googled each of the condition's and there symptoms. I only have flushing and burning so I shrugged of the possibility of having any condition other then rosacea.

Apparently if you only do a TSH thyroid test it can show a normal reading even if there is an issue with your thyroid
    From what I have seen on the internet you should have your TSH test and also T3 and T4 test to make sure your thyroid is in normal working order.

Thanks for your input,
    Carl
    You're welcome If you only have flushing and no other symptoms, the possibility of another disease is quite low indeed. As for the TSH test, it's right that it only detect one type of thyroid problems (and T3/T4 can detect the other type), but it's the most frequent type, I think that's why doctors only prescribe this one. If you have no other signs of hypo/hyperthyroidism, you're pretty safe !

Davekelly, as hg24 is saying, I was only suggesting that it could be some other disease that could mimic the symptoms of rosacea and KRPF. Nothing else. No need to be rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
    You're welcome If you only have flushing and no other symptoms, the possibility of another disease is quite low indeed. As for the TSH test, it's right that it only detect one type of thyroid problems (and T3/T4 can detect the other type), but it's the most frequent type, I think that's why doctors only prescribe this one. If you have no other signs of hypo/hyperthyroidism, you're pretty safe !

Davekelly, as hg24 is saying, I was only suggesting that it could be some other disease that could mimic the symptoms of rosacea and KRPF. Nothing else. No need to be rude.

I know what you were suggesting . But how many people on here have these other so called diseases that mimic rosacea and KPRF . I have yet to see one person on here with thyroid flushing .So just stick to talking about vbeam please

Hi Dave, Hyperthyroidism can indeed cause flushing. You can research the forum via the search box to find the relevant threads. Also, we have people who post on our forum, but hundreds more who are guests. They simply read and research. So we won't see everyone's symptoms and conditions posted. Hope that helps! And please, let's be kind to everyone.

I'm having the Excel V laser tomorrow. I'm curious to see how it differs from the vbeam and IPL! It's supposed to be good!

Hi hg24,

hmmm... I have heard of the Excel V laser, basically its a mix of a KTP 532nm and a Nd:YAG 1064nm.
    I'm nearly sure its a relatively new laser?... well the name is ... those two lasers have have been around a long time.

I'm nearly sure the Gemini, Laserscope uses the exact two lasers in one device.

Basically laser company's produce the same lasers .. again... again... and again. They need to stay relevant and make money. Each laser company will call it something different even though its still the same laser eg. Ktp, NdYad so on so on...

So they do a big release launch, splash loads of cash on advertising. Have a doctor on TV glorifying its results. example " just last week we had a client and after one treatment she looked like a white Naomi Campbell"

Saying that when they do release a new model it usual does have something different, Like when the candela perfecta came out it had an extra 4 sub pulses and you were able to use higher fluences with a larger spot size.

Sorry for little rant it just annoys me when people think "ohh.. there's a new laser out that's suppose to brilliant" when in reality its more then likely the same laser they got hit with 10 years ago with a new name splashed on the front.

Anyway no harm in trying keep us posted on your results.

You should also search theses forums for people that have used a ktp or ND:Yag for there rosacea.

Best of Luck
    Carl

Also I stand by what I said, the large majority of Doctors would agree that the Pulsed Dye Laser is the gold Standard for vascular treatments, although there are times when a laser with a longer wavelength is required E.g. Port Wine Stains as these can be very deep in the skin or as other people on this thread have noticed that long wavelength lasers can be used for flushing.

I will sticking with my Pulsed Dye Lasers, if anyone knows of any other laser that is so vascular specific that it can rupture the vessels on impact, leave a bruise and leave the skin unharmed I will consider using it

[IMG][/IMG]

^^ another image showing the effectiveness of Pulsed Dye Lasers

Hey Carl, Yes, no worries! It's kind of funny actually. Some people have their preferences re treatments. Also some respond better to one tx vs another. Yeah, the history of Excel V is interesting in terms modalities and origin. My derm practice is one of the top in the country and the docs are considered one of the best in laser tx. So I've seen quite a number of devices come through the office over the years. Really fascinating. The Excel V has become popular there for folks who don't respond as well to vbeam. One of our forum members had great clearance with it a few years ago after vbeam failed her. At the same practice as mine. Looking forward to the zapping tmw!

Well yes actually. It's easier to show I think. Here's a video demo of the Excel V. http://youtu.be/Oi5uAsfm-ok

Look closely and you'll see as the dr obliterates a blood vessel. Without need to bruise.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hey Carl, Yes, no worries! It's kind of funny actually. Some people have their preferences re treatments. Also some respond better to one tx vs another. Yeah, the history of Excel V is interesting in terms modalities and origin. My derm practice is one of the top in the country and the docs are considered one of the best in laser tx. So I've seen quite a number of devices come through the office over the years. Really fascinating. The Excel V has become popular there for folks who don't respond as well to vbeam. One of our forum members had great clearance with it a few years ago after vbeam failed her. At the same practice as mine. Looking forward to the zapping tmw!
    hmmm... I am intrigued.
    I suppose no matter what device you are being treated with the main thing that will effect the outcome is the Doctor or laser Nurse doing the treatments.

If they are incompetent at there job your not going to get the best results possible.

For example as you know from this thread I had 9 Pulsed Dye Laser treatments prior the short pulse ones, that were useless.

So hopefully in the right hands you will see good results from the Excel V

Best of luck with your treatment tomorrow,
    Carl