Page 2 of 64 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 637

Thread: vbeam experience and advice

  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    354
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi Carl, I was with Dr Murphy last Wednesday in bryanstown, I know he suffered with rosacea himself, got laser treatment from him, Candella V beam laser, it was my first ever time to have laser treatment done, he charged me a consultation fee plus for the laser treatment as well, which lasted all of 5 minutes of treatment, I contacted a couple of other laser clinics in Dublin and cork and explained my session of laser treatment, both of them told me I was ripped off, treatment is suppose to be 40 minutes, is that correct, would not go back there again, as it was my first time, my face has spot bruising and will these bruises fade with time and how long does it take for them to dissappear, some feedback would be appreciated Carl, just to put my mind at rest, thanks, Regards john.
    Hi john,

    I think your best bet is to go back up to him and have it out with him, My first treatment was quick as far as I can remember he only charged me 150.... I think

    Do you have any idea of what the laser settings were? and also did he do a full face treatment?

    When I first went up I told him I wanted a short Pulse, he used a 10ms pulse duration!mad1

    so I went back up and more or less demanded a short pulse, which he did

    I wouldn't get wound up with how long it takes, it depends on the size of the area he was treating.

    As for the bruising, Mine normally takes 1-2 weeks to heal.

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Hi john,

    I think your best bet is to go back up to him and have it out with him, My first treatment was quick as far as I can remember he only charged me 150.... I think

    Do you have any idea of what the laser settings were? and also did he do a full face treatment?

    When I first went up I told him I wanted a short Pulse, he used a 10ms pulse duration!mad1

    so I went back up and more or less demanded a short pulse, which he did

    I wouldn't get wound up with how long it takes, it depends on the size of the area he was treating.

    As for the bruising, Mine normally takes 1-2 weeks to heal.
    Hi Carl, thanks for the response, to be honest the consultation was so rushed, he asked what medication I was taken and then he called in his brother Joe who is a dermatologist, he told me I have type1 telangiectasia, I thought I was there for a consultation, to see what my options on treatment by medication or antibiotic or topical ointments or laser treatment, he never talked me through the procedure, possible risks or even what type of laser he was using on my face, that's why I can't tell what type pulse-dye treatment I got, I was surprised when he asked me lay on the treatment bed, all I know is the laser he used really stung, just the whole rushed procedure didn't sit right with me, so I have a appointment with a new clinic in drogheda again Lanu MediSpa, I talked with the lady that is running the place, I explained my consultation with Dr Murphy and told me it didn't sound right to her, she told me she has 3 different lasers for facial redness and for treating veins large and small, and she is fair enough to give me my next 2 treatments for €75.00 each treatment, felt very at ease with her, she's been treating rosacea a long time, you must of heard of Lanu MediSpa if you are traveling to the skincare clinic in drogheda, any tips or advice on the best lasers to be used, the more advice the better Carl, I suffer with a mite on my face called dermodex (dermodicosis), have you heard of it, I was prescribed Lyclear dermal cream by dermatologist, to be used once a week for the 3 weeks, can't use at the moment because of the laser treatment, sorry about the long message Carl, any help on keeping this condition under control is appreciated, thanks, Regards john.

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    354
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi Carl, thanks for the response, to be honest the consultation was so rushed, he asked what medication I was taken and then he called in his brother Joe who is a dermatologist, he told me I have type1 telangiectasia, I thought I was there for a consultation, to see what my options on treatment by medication or antibiotic or topical ointments or laser treatment, he never talked me through the procedure, possible risks or even what type of laser he was using on my face, that's why I can't tell what type pulse-dye treatment I got, I was surprised when he asked me lay on the treatment bed, all I know is the laser he used really stung, just the whole rushed procedure didn't sit right with me, so I have a appointment with a new clinic in drogheda again Lanu MediSpa, I talked with the lady that is running the place, I explained my consultation with Dr Murphy and told me it didn't sound right to her, she told me she has 3 different lasers for facial redness and for treating veins large and small, and she is fair enough to give me my next 2 treatments for €75.00 each treatment, felt very at ease with her, she's been treating rosacea a long time, you must of heard of Lanu MediSpa if you are traveling to the skincare clinic in drogheda, any tips or advice on the best lasers to be used, the more advice the better Carl, I suffer with a mite on my face called dermodex (dermodicosis), have you heard of it, I was prescribed Lyclear dermal cream by dermatologist, to be used once a week for the 3 weeks, can't use at the moment because of the laser treatment, sorry about the long message Carl, any help on keeping this condition under control is appreciated, thanks, Regards john.
    Hi john,

    I can see were you are coming from. I suppose my experience with him was different because I knew what to expect and what I wanted " short pulse" treatment.
    Plus having already been hit 9 times with a laser previous I knew what to expect eg. bruising, the flashing light of the laser even with the goggles on and feeling the laser pulse hit your skin, which can be a bit of a shock first time round.

    I Personally find him great, he was the only Doctor close to Dublin I found that would use short pulse durations on my face. I did have a consultation with a Doctor up in Dundrum for vbeam and when I asked to be hit with a short pulse I was told " NO it will increase the chances of complications eg. scarring and blistering" .. so I shook his hand, said thanks and walked out.

    I have heard of Lanu MediSpa. I actually called them when I was looking around for a pulsed dye laser, they have a N-Lite pulsed dye laser but they only use it for acne treatments. So I crossed them of my list as I am only interested in using Vbeams/Pulsed Dye Lasers for my rosacea so I have no experience with them.

    The only other advice I could give you is to get a GP referral letter to St.James hospital Laser unit in Dublin for treatment with there Vbeam.

    I have heard of the Demodex mite and have actually tried using the Lyclear cream myself, unfortunately it didn't work so I stopped using it.
    The only cream I use on my face is azelaic acid. It really helps with the inflammation and burning of my rosacea.

  4. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Hi john,

    I can see were you are coming from. I suppose my experience with him was different because I knew what to expect and what I wanted " short pulse" treatment.
    Plus having already been hit 9 times with a laser previous I knew what to expect eg. bruising, the flashing light of the laser even with the goggles on and feeling the laser pulse hit your skin, which can be a bit of a shock first time round.

    I Personally find him great, he was the only Doctor close to Dublin I found that would use short pulse durations on my face. I did have a consultation with a Doctor up in Dundrum for vbeam and when I asked to be hit with a short pulse I was told " NO it will increase the chances of complications eg. scarring and blistering" .. so I shook his hand, said thanks and walked out.

    I have heard of Lanu MediSpa. I actually called them when I was looking around for a pulsed dye laser, they have a N-Lite pulsed dye laser but they only use it for acne treatments. So I crossed them of my list as I am only interested in using Vbeams/Pulsed Dye Lasers for my rosacea so I have no experience with them.

    The only other advice I could give you is to get a GP referral letter to St.James hospital Laser unit in Dublin for treatment with there Vbeam.

    I have heard of the Demodex mite and have actually tried using the Lyclear cream myself, unfortunately it didn't work so I stopped using it.
    The only cream I use on my face is azelaic acid. It really helps with the inflammation and burning of my rosacea.
    Hi Carl, can I ask what type of rosacea you have and how long have you suffered with this condition, hope you don't mind me asking, I have only recently been diagnosed a couple of months back (type1 telangiectasia), can I ask you will my condition devolope into type 2 or 3 or 4 even, or is it getting treatment, medication, laser, topical ointments the way to go to keep on top of it, plus diet and a wash routine, I brought a facewash in Holland and Barrett called Dr organic tea tree antibacterial facewash and I use E45 intense recovery body lotion, it's a lotion not a cream it's not too oily on the skin, I went to a dermatologist in aut even hospital here in kilkenny, Dr colin Buckley his from Whitfield Clinic in Waterford but holds a clinic in kilkenny, I would like your opinion here, he prescribed me a antibiotic called efracea and a gel called mirsavo, I took the antibiotic for a week and my face got worse, I will leave a pic with this message, I sent a email to Dr Buckley with pics of my face, and he told to stop taking the antibiotics for a week and then go back on them, I never went back on them, I treated my face with the Lyclear dermal cream and I seen a big improvement, you would start getting obsessed about this condition, this is a good forum to talk to people that understand, thanks, Regards john uploadfromtaptalk1437299016465.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437299054676.jpguploadfromtaptalk1437299103535.jpg
    Attached Images

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    354
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Hi John,

    My rosacea is just the vascular type, I do not get pimples with my redness. Just facial flushing, burning and develop telangiectasia.
    I first noticed it in my mid teens, 15- 16 years of age. I was first diagnosed by my GP, he knew straight away when he looked at my red face.
    I am now 21 years of age.

    "will my condition develop into type 2 or 3 or 4 ?"..... I can honestly say I do not know. It really seems to be the luck of draw with this condition

    I think its best just to give everything a trial run and see how you respond. Keep the stuff that works for you and chuck out the rest. This condition is so complex and everybody seems to respond differently to treatments.

    I did try antibiotics years ago but I stopped taking them as I didn't notice any benefit from taking them.

    +1 for getting obsessed about this condition .... it can really hit your confidence hard!

    If your seeing results from the Lyclear then I suggest putting in the "keep" pile of things.

    All the best
    carl

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    35
    Country: France

    Default

    Hello Carl !
    I have a question, did you ever take accutane ? You seem kinda young to developp rosacea, how did it appear first ?

    Also, how many short pulse PDL have you had now ? do you feel like they really helped ?

    Thank you !

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    354
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Hi Ariana,

    I never did take Accutane and I would I agree that I am too young to develop rosacea.....well to an extent. I understand that young people get it but for me seems very unusual.
    Anyone I know with what looks like rosacea at my age just has it on there cheeks and chin and it appears just a little pink when they flush.

    I have it on my neck, chest and full face it tends to go very red during a flush and the burning is very annoying when it happens.
    How did it first appear? I just noticed I was going very red off/on I also noticed I was starting develop telangiectasia around my nose. I did not get the burning sensations till I was 18 years of age.

    I have been to see a dermatologist a couple of years ago, he said it was genetic and basically live with it

    I have had two short V-beams now, the first was a 1.5ms and it worked for the larger vessels on my jawline but the rest of my face will need a 0.45ms pulse duration judging by the response of my patch test.

    Yes I feel the short Pulse V-beams helped, it has taken away the blood vessels in the areas hit that the longer pulse durations NEVER did.

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Hi John,

    My rosacea is just the vascular type, I do not get pimples with my redness. Just facial flushing, burning and develop telangiectasia.
    I first noticed it in my mid teens, 15- 16 years of age. I was first diagnosed by my GP, he knew straight away when he looked at my red face.
    I am now 21 years of age.

    "will my condition develop into type 2 or 3 or 4 ?"..... I can honestly say I do not know. It really seems to be the luck of draw with this condition

    I think its best just to give everything a trial run and see how you respond. Keep the stuff that works for you and chuck out the rest. This condition is so complex and everybody seems to respond differently to treatments.

    I did try antibiotics years ago but I stopped taking them as I didn't notice any benefit from taking them.

    +1 for getting obsessed about this condition .... it can really hit your confidence hard!

    If your seeing results from the Lyclear then I suggest putting in the "keep" pile of things.

    All the best
    carl
    Thanks Carl, I will try and keep it simple and see how I get on, thanks for your input, Regards john.

  9. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Paris
    Posts
    35
    Country: France

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by carllambert1993 View Post
    Hi Ariana,

    I never did take Accutane and I would I agree that I am too young to develop rosacea.....well to an extent. I understand that young people get it but for me seems very unusual.
    Anyone I know with what looks like rosacea at my age just has it on there cheeks and chin and it appears just a little pink when they flush.

    I have it on my neck, chest and full face it tends to go very red during a flush and the burning is very annoying when it happens.
    How did it first appear? I just noticed I was going very red off/on I also noticed I was starting develop telangiectasia around my nose. I did not get the burning sensations till I was 18 years of age.

    I have been to see a dermatologist a couple of years ago, he said it was genetic and basically live with it

    I have had two short V-beams now, the first was a 1.5ms and it worked for the larger vessels on my jawline but the rest of my face will need a 0.45ms pulse duration judging by the response of my patch test.

    Yes I feel the short Pulse V-beams helped, it has taken away the blood vessels in the areas hit that the longer pulse durations NEVER did.
    And have you been tested for other conditions that can make you flush ? I'm not saying this to make you worry, but there are several conditions other than rosacea than can cause burning and reddening of the skin (there is a thread dedicated to that on this forum, somewhere !), and I think it's important to be tested for those when rosacea-like symptoms appear for young people.

    But it's great that you feel like the V-beams help you ! With a few more you should really start to see a clear amelioration.

  10. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    354
    Country: Ireland

    Default

    Hi Ariana,

    The dermatologist I attended did do a thyroid test, that came back normal and all was ok. I have seen that thread on this site and have googled each of the condition's and there symptoms. I only have flushing and burning so I shrugged of the possibility of having any condition other then rosacea.

    Apparently if you only do a TSH thyroid test it can show a normal reading even if there is an issue with your thyroid
    From what I have seen on the internet you should have your TSH test and also T3 and T4 test to make sure your thyroid is in normal working order.

    Thanks for your input,
    Carl

Similar Threads

  1. My experience with my first Non-purpuric vbeam Laser treatment
    By shantelle in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 4th April 2017, 08:20 PM
  2. Endocrinologist for flushing? - Advice/experience?
    By pleasehelp123 in forum General rosacea questions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 22nd May 2016, 08:59 AM
  3. having vbeam in UK - my experience
    By lucy_nic87 in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 23rd February 2015, 03:14 PM
  4. My First Experience with Vbeam Perfecta
    By Short in forum Intense pulsed light and laser
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 20th October 2014, 11:21 PM
  5. General advice from those with experience please!
    By rachzon in forum Newbie questions / Introduction
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 16th September 2008, 12:30 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •