Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ask someone who has had 10 V-beams with Dr. Betty Chan anything

Default Ask someone who has had 10 V-beams with Dr. Betty Chan anything

At the baywood clinic in Toronto Ontario

Quote Originally Posted by OilKing View Post
    Did it work? Why so many?

Sorry for the late response, quite busy with school.

I received around 5-6 a year ago, which pretty much stopped all flushing. The last 4 have been maintenance/to remove cosmetic damage from previous flushing (spider veins).

Hi,can u tell me does this laser help people with anxiety related rosacea?My flushing gets real bad if im under stress,like if its the first day at college and i know nobody.
    Heat/sunlight is also a major trigger aswell as hot food.

Sorry for the late response, quite busy with school.

I received around 5-6 a year ago, which pretty much stopped all flushing. The last 4 have been maintenance/to remove cosmetic damage from previous flushing (spider veins).

I find it lessens the intensity of the flush/noticeability of the redness whilst flushing due to anxiety. I would highly recommend an SSRI antidepressant though as they are used off label for hot flashes and will reduce anxiety/flushing.

Default vbeam

I've had about 12 or so vbeam perfecta treatments (with a different doctor) for really severe Rosacea. I have to get really worked up about something now before I get stress/anxiety related flushing. So yes they do help
    Arlene

I agree, they have definitely lessened the anxiety related flushing threshold. Anxiety and rosacea is a horrible combo unfortunately.

Hi OliKing,

I was just wondering what your skin now looks like on a day to day basis post treatment. You say your flushing has reduced but is your overall redness improved?

Hi OilKing! Thanks for making this thread. I just called the clinic and scheduled a consultation with Dr. Chan this Thursday. I was wondering if you had Vbeams with other derms? Since you had 5-6 initially, im guessing you had a severe case? Did she start off with a mild setting and did you experience any bruising in order to end up completely eliminating the flushing?

Im guessing you like Dr. Chan which is awesome! I hope I have a good experience with her too as it is a pricey treatment and I finally saved up enough so I hope to see improvements in my skin/confidence like you seem to have !

Quote Originally Posted by katthehat View Post
    Hi OilKing! Thanks for making this thread. I just called the clinic and scheduled a consultation with Dr. Chan this Thursday. I was wondering if you had Vbeams with other derms? Since you had 5-6 initially, im guessing you had a severe case? Did she start off with a mild setting and did you experience any bruising in order to end up completely eliminating the flushing?

Im guessing you like Dr. Chan which is awesome! I hope I have a good experience with her too as it is a pricey treatment and I finally saved up enough so I hope to see improvements in my skin/confidence like you seem to have !
    How did your consultation go? Was it worth it? I am thinking about making an appt as well but would like some feedback from people who have met with her... I'm 4 hours away from Toronto so not too bad but still blows a whole day if it's not worth it.