Hey everyone, I just wanted to share my experience with using pulsed dye lasers “Vbeam” to treat rosacea. I have had vascular Rosacea since I was in my mid teens that got progressively worse over the years. At the age of 18 I decided that no topical was going to help the redness and searched for a Doctor who did pulsed dye laser treatments in Ireland.

I found a clinic close by in Dublin city that had a Pulsed Dye Laser, I booked in for a consultation and a patch test. On the day of the patch test I asked the laser “Nurse” not Doctor to hit the spider veins around my nose, she dropped the pulse duration to 0.5ms “Cynosure Vstar Pulsed Dye Laser” and used too high of a fluence which ruptured the vessels on impact and left a deep purple bruise.

3 days later the patch test area blistered but healed without scarring. What was left behind after the bruising went was this perfect blanched out area of redness, unfortunately the other long pulsed patch test areas did not respond.

As I was desperate and didn’t know a lot about lasers I continued with treatments. After 3 sessions and no results I asked the laser Nurse to drop the pulse to 0.5 ms which she refused. She assured me that a 0.5ms would blister and scar the skin. When I brought published study’s in showing the safety and effectiveness of 0.45ms pulsed dye laser for rosacea I was told it was not necessary and the new laser would achieve the same effect.

Anyway fast forward 2500 euro and nine treatments later the area around my nose did not blend in, and still had small telangiectasia all over my face. When I complained the laser Nurse told me “everybody has vessels”…. Everybody has not spent 2500 euro removing them!!

Fast forward to 2015 I decided to look around and find a Doctor that could use a short pulse duration to treat my rosacea, and just a couple of months ago finally found one

I just wanted to let everyone know why long Pulsed dye laser are so ineffective! The pulse duration of the laser must match the thermal relaxation time of its target. Example, small blood vessels will require a short pulse duration “this could be as short 0.45ms to effectively treat it” and a large vessel with require a longer pulse duration.

If your Vbeam treatments are used with the appropriate settings for your blood vessels you should noticed blanching in the areas hit by the laser “AFTER ONE SESSION OR PATCH TEST!!!”
Below …hopefully if I can get it working are pictures of blanching after my short pulse vbeam treatments 0.45ms – 1.5ms.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]