Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ... 1454626364

Thread: vbeam experience and advice

Default curious about results

Quote Originally Posted by msm1984 View Post
    I just wanted to bump this thread.

I am going for a vbeam session in the next couple weeks and I would like some advice on what settings I should ask for.

From what I understand i should be using a 0.45 ms pulse duration which is a must and either a 7.5 or 10 spot size and around 5 joules?

here are some pics of my redness attached.

How'd it go with those settings? I have been struggling with some dermatologists in the Maryland area who are reluctant to use similar settings.

Dear Forum Users

I dont know where to start ... I have been reading this thread from page 1 to 40 during the last few days. Still have 20 pages to go, but I want to share my story with you, hoping for getting advice and help, and may give some back to you

Here to story of my face Skin which will end in thinking which laser I need to get the best result for my skin:

age 16: acne and oily skin started slowly
    age 20: acne on his peak
    age 22: acne didnt get better and I got Accutane (Isotretinoin), skin was almost clear from acne, but I got a really thin skin (that is the idea of accutane). Had that on my face and on my hands. And this was the very first time I realized, I have this flushing. My face get red really easily... still can remember, sitting on the dinner table, turning red for nothing but talking to family members and my mom asked my "did you just lie to us or why are you so red?" ... anyway, this flushing was a bumper, but I could live with that, because it was temporary and went away whitin 10-20 Seconds.

The next 10-15 years, my skin was the same. Every now and then I got a pimple or two... but ok.

age 34: I unfortunately got a bad sunburn, but revcovered almost for good. Only thing was, that my nose was a little red... but ok
    age 37: (2017 summer) I first realized that I got some parts in the face (cheeks and under the temples and nose) where I had red stains... the colour was really light and by cold conditions it faded away...

Autumn 2017: the parts where the redness didnt go away grow bigger and bigger... and turned redder. Under the eyes/upper cheek I got some really small pimpels without heads. (inflammations really small - maybe 1-2mm) they could stay for days... Turns out I do react to tomatos (Histamine).

Winter 2018: No more inflammations but the complete face turned redder until today.

May 2018: The point where I went to 3 dermatologist to get different opinions.
    1st derm: Could be rosacea stage 1, prescribed me "Rozex" (Metronidazol) ... thats a light antibiotic for external use. Thought about that and decided not to use it, because I have no Inflammations at the moment.
    2nd derm: Prescribed me "Mirvaso" ... was excited until I got home and googled it for 2-3 hours... only read negative comments about the medicine. May help for most people, but only 12 hours and redness will come back worse. Anyhow I am looking for having permanent reduce of redness.
    3rd derm: Gave me some La Roche Posay anti redness serum ... use it since a few days... but dont think I will get any positive result.
    She also brought the idea of laser treatment in my mind. She offerd me a "diode laser". I dont know the technical name yet. (1450 nm) But as far as I know it is developed for hair removal originally......

All in all, I dont know what really is the problem of my skin. Maybe a light form of rosacea... but I think it is more a long term issue from using this accutane years ago... thin Skin and maybe some genetic light rosacea combined resulting in diffuse redness.

Now I am sitting here. Reading since days in forums and soaking all infos about lasers.
    From this thread I learnt that I should get a laser with a pulse shorter than 1.5ms ...
    Hear in switzerland I got lucky, that we have most of all types of lasers I read in the internet.
    What do you suggest is the best laser for me? With what adjustments?

I would really appreciate if you could help me in any way.
    I attached some photos. On my laptop my skin appeared really pale :o ... in real life it looks damn red, and you can see maybe 2cm above the jawline it switches from normal Skin colour to red... and I would go through hell to get normal Skin colour... and most painful part is, that it got so worse within a really short time 1 year only, and I am petrified with the thoughts it will getting worse and worse within next months...

THANK you very much

1.jpg5.jpg7.jpg

Default V Beam triple pass?

Hey all,

This is just a general question for anyone who might have insight. I am considering doing v Beam within the next few months to see if I can tackle my nose flushing once and for all. I've done several IPLs in the past and have definitely had a lot of success in treating my facial flushing and redness. But since I know V beam is the "golden standard" for rosacea, I have to figure I might have even more luck with it than IPL. IPL, it seems, is often too gentle and not specific enough to fully eliminate those pesky surface vessels. Hell, I didn't even see any real results until my 5th IPL treatment. It seems to me that V Beam is more cost efficient, as it takes less treatments to see results.

I recently contacted a dermatologist who does V Beam. She says V Beam is one of the most common treatments in her office, and that normally she does a triple pass on the patient for each treatment. I didn't think much of it at first, but now that I've had time to reflect on the conversation, I find myself feeling somewhat alarmed.

A triple pass? Holy ****! I cannot IMAGINE running a laser over my skin 3 times in one session. After a single pass IPL I am always very red for about an hour and my skin has a sort of sunburn feel to it. If anyone were ever to suggest zapping my face even a second time with an IPL machine in one session , I would tell them they were nuts.

Does anyone know if what this doctor is proposing sounds normal, or do I have every right to be alarmed? From what I understand, a successful V Beam treatment typically involves a single pass with settings that will bruise, thereby destroying the vessels you're looking to eliminate once and for all. Or am I wrong about that as well?

Thank you in advance for any replies.

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Hey all,

This is just a general question for anyone who might have insight. I am considering doing v Beam within the next few months to see if I can tackle my nose flushing once and for all. I've done several IPLs in the past and have definitely had a lot of success in treating my facial flushing and redness. But since I know V beam is the "golden standard" for rosacea, I have to figure I might have even more luck with it than IPL. IPL, it seems, is often too gentle and not specific enough to fully eliminate those pesky surface vessels. Hell, I didn't even see any real results until my 5th IPL treatment. It seems to me that V Beam is more cost efficient, as it takes less treatments to see results.

I recently contacted a dermatologist who does V Beam. She says V Beam is one of the most common treatments in her office, and that normally she does a triple pass on the patient for each treatment. I didn't think much of it at first, but now that I've had time to reflect on the conversation, I find myself feeling somewhat alarmed.

A triple pass? Holy ****! I cannot IMAGINE running a laser over my skin 3 times in one session. After a single pass IPL I am always very red for about an hour and my skin has a sort of sunburn feel to it. If anyone were ever to suggest zapping my face even a second time with an IPL machine in one session , I would tell them they were nuts.

Does anyone know if what this doctor is proposing sounds normal, or do I have every right to be alarmed? From what I understand, a successful V Beam treatment typically involves a single pass with settings that will bruise, thereby destroying the vessels you're looking to eliminate once and for all. Or am I wrong about that as well?

Thank you in advance for any replies.
    Very good that you are questioning this!
    Always get a few opinions before you let somone zap you face x3 over!
    Might be lucky have good results but sometimes people get damaged and that is a nightmare so
    Go see another doc for another opinion just to make sure.

Default Decision made

Yeah no, totally not going to do it. I'm way too happy with the progress I've made with IPL to even consider effing it all up. I'd still like to find a good V Beam doctor someday to address specifically my nose flushing. But for now I am a-okay with where I'm at.

My laser doc said he doesn't even do double pass. Triple pass sounds intense.
    I'm recovering from Mirvaso-induced skin damage. Ask me about it if you are too.

• Read about my PDL and IPL, with videos.

What is the most common setting for v beam perfecta (for non bruising) ?

Is it 595nm 10mm patch 0.45 pulse width

I got this done a few years ago but I need to go again and I was wondering what the most common setting is, I don't want any bruising and I don't want a harsh treatment or a strong treatment, just the lowest level that will get the job done well for most people, for me the treatment lasts for a few years and massively reduces flushing although I never look 100% better. I am in Ireland so I guess I will go to the guy in Drogheda if he is well reccommended. Before I went to London for it.