Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Excel v

Default Excel v

Hello
    Has anyone had treatments with the excel v laser ? If so what was your outcome ?

Hi, I haven't had the Excel V treatment, but I'm considering it.

I've read some good things about it. Some docs think that it's better than Vbeam, so am curious. I've been having a series of IPL treatments, but think I may have hit a wall with results - so would like to finish up with something else.

Are you considering this laser?

Default Yes

Yes I am considering the excel v due to the fact they claim it has great results in one treatment I am located on south Florida and was really looking for s doctor that did multiple pass IPL treatments so far all the doctors I have found are resigned to doing quick single pass IPL I had wonderful results with multiple pass IPL treatments in the past ( 10 years ago ) but since the rosacea has returned and my old doctor no longer does laser .

I know what you mean. I haven't encountered anyone who does triple pass IPL. It's a bummer.

I watched this video on YouTube. http://youtu.be/wq1VsrCjel4

It's a doctor in Destin, FL talking about Excel V and doing a procedure. I've seen this doctor often providing advice on realself.com.

I have diffuse redness, not the more obvious vessels. What about you?

The Excel V seems to get high marks. Just hard to know. I don't know anyone who's used that laser. There's an old post that talks about Excel V. http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...-Excel-V-laser

That's what first intrigued me.

Default The past

In the past I hand an excellent doctor actually sometimes the esthetician did the treaemts located in Tampa but they turned into a weight loss clinic!!! I had 5 sessions multiple pass and a few maintenance and had 90 percent clearance I work in cold wind in Alaska so symptoms have returned I am trying to find s doctor that will treat multiple levels of the skin ( triple pass)
    I have had 0 success finding any on Florida so I am looking into other options excel v looks promising

Default Keep posting asking bout triple pass south floridia

But still would like to find a doctor that is experienced in triple pass I'm Florida

This is a neat video of the Excel V: http://youtu.be/Oi5uAsfm-ok

You can see the blood vessel disappear.

That would be great for the few spider veins around my nose. But I wonder about diffuse redness. The descriptions I see about the laser say it treats diffuse redness, but I wish I knew for sure. I'm going to ask my laser derm about it.

Default I have

I have deep redness and swelling around cheeks and nose area is that diffuse redness?

Hi, diffuse redness is where you can't see visible blood vessels on the skin - unlike spider veins or telangectasia. It can be more challenging to eradicate. Some believe IPL is better suited to treat it vs vbeam. I have that all over my face after many full-face flushes. Also have darker blotches on cheeks.

Default The same

What you described is pretty much what I have and red all over face the worst in the cheek area Multiple pass IPL treatments 7 was able to correct about 80 % of the problem for ten years !!! Unfortunately the doctor who did it turned into a weight loss doctor and doesn't do lasers s anymore. I have recently tried other doctors with poor results compared to the dr Bitter trained doctor I used before all the ones I e used lately just do a quick single pass !!! It's so frustrating I know it can be done right and probl
    Can be fixed but just can't connect with the right doctor!!'