Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Food that has positive effects

Many thanks for the info, very useful! I've not been tested but I have always avoided the sun as I don't really tan so would be surprised if I'm not at least a little low. Think I'll start at 1000 IU and increase slowly.

Yeah, I'm the same. I'm rarely in the sun, am super pale. Most of us are D deficient. Sounds like a good start - beginning at 1000 IU. I just had baked sweet potato fries for the third or fourth day in a row! Am gonna look like an oompa-loompa!

Hahahaha!!! I had sweet potato wedges for dinner with roasted veg including carrots! On reflection, looking like an oompa-loompa might not be so bad

True! Orange is the new red!

We're trend setters!

How do you guys feel nuts impact rosacea? I've heard good and bad. Since I can't eat any grains, I snack on nuts sometimes. Maybe like 1/2 cup a day..

I used to have nuts every morning thinking it would help my dry skin. I ate just one or two brazils, almonds, hazelnuts and walnuts. I didn't see a positive benefit and actually think it caused my skin to be a little more bumpy. I also went through a phase of eating lots of peanuts. Stopping this definitely helped smooth out my skin texture but I was eating A LOT! I don't avoid nuts (other than peanuts) but would only eat them occasionally. It's difficult to get all the calories you need on a restricted diet which is the main reason why I've not fully embraced a gluten, dairy and sugar free diet yet but I'm making changes towards this. Do you think nuts are okay for you?

Honestly I'm not sure. I don't want to cut them out because I can barely eat anything as it is.. I am getting more strict with my diet and it has helped but sometimes I get frustrated. I still haven't cut out coffee but I've cut down a lot..

I tried my first dose of vitamin D today and it was only 500 IU (I think - they are labelled 12.5ug) and I had a bad flush after about an hour and a half. I'm pretty sure it was the vitamin D as I've not had a flush that bad for weeks. It's calmed down now although it still feels like it's on the brink of a flush, if that makes sense. Not sure if I should try it again. I was really hopeful it would be okay and that it may help with winter when my skin is it's worst.

Hi Emz, That's terrible about the bad flush! What form of Vitamin D is it? Is it a softgel/liquid D? Or hard tablet? Is it D3?

Seems like 500 IU, which is low, wouldn't register enough to give you a reaction in an hour? I'm wondering if there's something else in the supplement you're reacting to?