Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Food that has positive effects

Also, a cautionary note! Too many carotenoids can cause the skin to turn yellow-orangey. So a sweet potato a day might be a little risky. But a little veggie color can make you look quite healthy. So gotta find that happy medium!

Haha! Thanks for the extra tip! I don't fancy turning orange. Not sure it would compliment my slightly ginger hair! I'm thinking about adding vitamin D to my medicine cabinet as well. I have seen positive results from occasionally taking multivitamins but don't like taking them all the time (which is stupid considering the cocktail of proper medicine I currently take!).

I've gone through phases of trying to drink more but I forget and even when I down glasses of water I forget to drink the rest of the day as I then don't get thirsty! You've given me the best reason to try harder with this.

I have the idea that if every positive thing I find to help my rosacea makes it 1% better I only need to find 100 things... Sounds like a lot but the list is growing pretty quickly!

Quote Originally Posted by Emz View Post
    I have the idea that if every positive thing I find to help my rosacea makes it 1% better I only need to find 100 things... Sounds like a lot but the list is growing pretty quickly!
    True, true! It all adds up!

I also meant to say, I've been using grapeseed extract for a couple of weeks now (100mg x 2 daily). Although I'm not sure if it's helped the flushing, I seem to be experiencing significantly less facial pain on the one side of my face where I have larger visible veins. I think it's about 60% better. Early days but it's a nice relief not to be so aware of my face and to not take ibuprofen about every other day. Slightly off topic but worth a mention.

I know exactly what you mean, Emz - being aware of your face. Today I've been experiencing pain on the left side of my face. It's like it's constantly tapping me on the shoulder trying to get my attention. Glad the grapeseed seems to be helping!

Thanks hg24, it's genuinely lovely to be understood! I've said the same about it constantly tapping me on the shoulder. It may as well be shouting at me "HERE I AM!!" I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing pain today and I hope it leaves you alone tomorrow.

hmm, once about a year ago my redness almost disappeared the day after i ate sweet potatoes with cod liver. But I was doing other things at the moment (taking antibiotics for different reason and trying to stop drinking coffee, which is my addiction) And it last no more than a day. Maybe i should try sweet potatoes again?

Definitely google sweet potatoes and rosacea or acne and you'll see forums where people talk about their skin improving from sweet potatoes. It will inspire you to give it a try!

hg24, would you be able to tell me what dose vitamin D so you take? I've been looking online and there is a huge variation. Thanks

Hi Emz, Yes, I recently tested as vitamin D deficient, so I know I've got my work cut out for me and have room for higher than RDA doses. I bought 2,000 IU capsules. I've worked my way up to 2 caps - 4,000 IUs - per day. Sometimes I'll take an extra capsule after dinner - to make 6,0000 IUs total. I'll probably stay at the 4K-6K dose for a while. Hope this helps!