Thread: Pregnant. Please help?

Default Pregnant. Please help?

Hey everyone,

Recently diagnosed with Rosacea about a month ago. I noticed it around the time I got pregnant (I think I noticed some signs before). First it was really bad itching on the sides of my face that would come and go. Not too much redness. I noticed my scalp itching too. I had this happen to me about a couple years ago when I thought it was an allergic reaction of some sort and they put me on a short dose of prednisone. I caught it super early and it went away. Could that have been an early sign of Rosacea and I just caught it really soon?
    I was dealing with this fine until I finally couldn't take it anymore and with the approval of my obgyn she said it would be safe to take a short dose of prednisone. I thought it would go away like last time. You guessed it. It did not and things got way worse. The only thing safe for me right now is Finacea and it seems to be doing something... at least.

I didn't know rosacea could itch so badly? The bumps itch so much and it was before the Finacea so I know that's not why it itches so much. Now I woke up a couple days ago with some different looking red bumps on my neck. They aren't bumpy but almost look like an allergic reaction but this don't really itch. I am so depressed about this. I have always had wonderful skin. No one in my family has this. My question is should I use the Finacea on my neck or not?

Also, the most interesting thing is that my face tends to semi clear up when I use Benadryl. Is this normal? Do other people ever do this?

Any advice would help. The stress of my pregnancy isn't helping either. So I could use some friends over this. I know no one who has this.
    Attached Images

Hi and welcome. I have a feeling the hormonal changes during pregnancy are probably causing or contributing to the itching. Unfortunately prednisone makes rosacea worse, so taking it did not help you out. If anti-histamines help you, you might take a look at the low histamine diet. If you think you might want to try it, discuss it with your obgyn. You need extra good nutrition to support your pregnancy so you don't want to do any diet that would too limiting in important nutrients. The only other thing I can think to help is possibly trying a different pregnancy multivitamin. I assume you are one a multivitamin for pregnancy since most docs recommend this? Talk to your doctor about the potential for any of the ingredients in the one you are taking to be causing the itchy bumps.

Thank you for replying. I've never heard of a low histamine diet. What does that entail exactly? I will talk about a different prenatal vitamin at my next ob appointment. Thanks again

It would entail not eating foods high in histamines for several weeks to see if your condition improves. Here's one page that has some info. If you google it you will find others.

http://chronichives.com/useful-infor...stricted-diet/