Thread: Treatment for ocular rosacea capillaries on eye surface?

Default Treatment for ocular rosacea capillaries on eye surface?

Hi, i have been getting more and more dilated capillaries on the surface of my eyes and was wondering if there is anything anyone has found helpful. I don't want it to progress to the point where i look like i have pink eye all the time. I do not have problems with styes or blepharitis. I do have significant facial flushing which i have been considering IPL to treat. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Do you have dryness or pain? Or just the redness? Itching?

Might be best to start with good eye exam to check for blepharitis, demodex, allergic conjunctivitis, or redness secondary to cornea problems and resultant inflammation. Need to rule out any chemical sensitivity, skin cleansers or other topicals, cosmetics, environmental, fumes, detergents, sprays. Rule out allergens and try OTC Zaditor or Alaway if allergy possible. Change pillowcase often and wash or fluff out hair before bed. If contact lens wearer switch to daily disposable or d/c. If eye doctor can find no cause or relief, may try Rx Lotemax or Alrex to determine if antinflammatory like Restasis may be needed long term. If no cause found and steroids don't whiten, last resort to whiten might be formulation of Alphagan diluted with artificial tears. Good luck

Faith- i have redness of the eye surface with intermittent dryness, burning and stinging.At first i though dry eye syndrome but the burning and stinging also can occur on the inside of the lashline. I don't experience any itchiness.

Dnsjo- Thank you for the reply and suggestions. I am pretty sure it is not allergy related as my doctor already tried prescription allergy eye drops and i noticed no improvement. My eye symptoms flare when my facial rosacea symptoms flare up(subtype 1) so i am pretty sure it is some level of ocular rosacea but i will make another eye appointment to rule it out(i saw one a couple months ago but my eyes were not flaring up at the time).