Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Say hello to my skin!

Quote Originally Posted by fed_up View Post
    Thanks for the info lwemm. You backed up what I already suspected about hormone tests. I had to really push even to get those tests done because the doctor just wanted to get me out the door with the generic 'avoid red wine and keep out of the sun' advice. I was even a bit disappointed when I got the results, as I was hoping to finally find a clear cut reason behind all my skin troubles, but like you said, they probably wouldn't reveal any more subtle imbalances and fluctuations that may be going on beneath the surface anyway.

I too, suffered hormonal acne for many years. Dianette (hormonal treatment with an androgen blocker) was the only thing that cleared it up, but that wasn't safe to stay on long term so I ended up on accutane, and that's when my flushing and redness problems really began. Nowadays I don't really get spots on my face, but I have a permanent cluster of mild acne on each side of my neck, just below the jaw. That's got to be hormonal, right? It never clears up. I get pretty crazy hormonal mood swings too, so I do think something is up with my balance, although it may not be the total explanation of my rosacea problems.

I'm going to look into cleaning up my diet some more and maybe into the chinese herbs side of things too. Which ones did you find helpful for PMS?
    I took Free and Easy Wanderer (Xiao Yao Wan) for quite some time but it didn't do a thing for me. I have read about Chastetree berry (Vitex) as the PP recommended but have never tried that. Nettles tea (made into a strong medicinal infusion) relieved my menstrual cramps and helped somewhat with heavy flow and clotting.

thanks for your experiences about the period thing! I knew this can't all be imagination ;) I am actually having an appointment with my gynecologist tomorrow who does not know yet about my rosacea and the flushing. I will tell you then what he had to say about it (if hopefully he has something to say at all haha...)

My skin got better during the last week which is probably because I started moisterizing it again, because the hot weather is gone and, here we go again, i am on my period... I didn't have a major flush in a couple of days which is a big relief. I am just really angry about the little blood vessels under my eyes that became visible now...

May I ask another question? Anynone having experiences with v-beam or ipl and moles or beauty patches ? (sorry if the english word is incorrect) I have so many in my face and especially one big on my cheek that is surroundet by a red patch. And that is exactly the patch I would want to get rid of so bad...

Default Candela laser

Quote Originally Posted by pippilotta View Post
    thanks for your experiences about the period thing! I knew this can't all be imagination ;) I am actually having an appointment with my gynecologist tomorrow who does not know yet about my rosacea and the flushing. I will tell you then what he had to say about it (if hopefully he has something to say at all haha...)

My skin got better during the last week which is probably because I started moisterizing it again, because the hot weather is gone and, here we go again, i am on my period... I didn't have a major flush in a couple of days which is a big relief. I am just really angry about the little blood vessels under my eyes that became visible now...

May I ask another question? Anynone having experiences with v-beam or ipl and moles or beauty patches ? (sorry if the english word is incorrect) I have so many in my face and especially one big on my cheek that is surroundet by a red patch. And that is exactly the patch I would want to get rid of so bad...
    I've had an experience with the Candela laser on a spider vein on my leg. It caused horrible bruising, and the scar remained for about a year. The vein however, is completely gone. The clinic I went to also uses this laser for rosacea, so I would imagine there would be a lower setting for more delicate parts of the skin. Also, realself is a great website to look at people's reviews on different cosmetic procedures.

Thanks everyone for sharing your info on this. I'm very interested in trying some of your recommendations It can be so frustrating that there's not more information out there about this or our Dr's don't seem to think there's any link.

Pippilotta, I had a single vbeam treatment 2 years ago for some small visible veins on my face before I was aware I had rosacea / before I started flushing, as I was told it was the only option. It wasn't pleasant experience and was only partially successful (and I do wonder if it made the situation worse). My skin texture hasn't been the same since either. I have had one IPL treatment about 4 months ago in desperation before I started anti flushing meds. I'm not sure if it did anything although I would need more for any progress. I don't know if they can be used for moles etc. I have quite a lot of freckles and neither treatment affected those.

Thanks for sharing Elenore and Emz!

I have this red patch on my cheek which will never recover itself because it is consisting of many tiny blood vessels if I look closely, so sooner or later I will definetly consider a laser treatment. I actually like my moles and want to keep them My only concern is that the laser might be bad for them and that they will suffer from burning or something like that...

I just came back from my appointment with the gyn and wow, what a surprise, he couln't tell my anything about the connection between skin/rosacea and being on the period He said the best will be not to be on the pill on&off, because everything that is getting your hormones in trouble can cause skin problems, but no rosacea (and especially not flushing) in particular.

So no exciting news from my part

Sorry Pippilotta, my misunderstanding! 😄 I have a single smallish mole on my face and the IPL didn't burn or do any damage. The Vbeam wasn't done in that area. Disappointing that the gyn had no insights re. hormones.

One of the doctors I've seen told me he noticed that women with sensitivity to hormones (androgens) also have rosacea, he seems to think there's a clear connection.

Today it's 14 days before my period, and again my skin and eyes started to burn, so for me it's hormone related for sure. My last appointment before I give up is going to be an immunologist, maybe he can shed more light on what's going on. My feelings tell me I'm allergic to one of my hormones.

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to tell how it is going. I managed to get the flushing under control again and my skin recovered quite a bit within two weeks. Unfortunately we now have two weeks of almost 40 degrees and my skin is already on the third hot day a tragedy... I try to stay in the whole day because my skin can't stsand the sun at all, not even with sun screen on (it also does not like sun screen...). What you see in the photos is the most cooled down version of my face right now. I could cry. I have a very bad red patch on both cheecks with very visible blood vessels by now and the little pimples on my cheeks and forehead (well basically everywhere) are coming back... I tried to apply metrolotion but I am only sweating away under it. I also have some kind of inflammation my nose. It did hurt very bad yesterday and was swollen. Now only the redness is left but it looks really strange to me...

I hope everyone of you is having a better and cooler weekend...
    Attached Images

Hi Pippilotta,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear you're having a tough time of it at the moment. Your skin looks very similar to mine but I think I have more visible blood vessels specially around my nose. I have the same small bumps on my cheeks. Have you tried a honey treatment? I've been doing it for a few weeks now and the texture has definitely improved. However, I'm not totally sure it's the honey as it could just be the change in the weather (my skin definitely disagrees with the British winter!) but it certainly doesn't do any harm. Other than the honey and moisturiser I'm not using any topicals as everything seemed to dry my skin. I plan in starting grapeseed extract to strengthen my blood vessels as it seems worth a try! I hope you find something to give you some relief and that the weather cools soon

Hi Pippilotta, how did you get your flushing under control?