Thread: Genetically cursed

Default Genetically cursed

I'm sitting here crying, depressed... I should be happy because I have 2 adorable kids, but I cannot enjoy my time with them anymore. I feel like my brain can't process all the things I'm experiencing over the last 2 years. I had my second child 3 years ago, 1 year later my health started to go downhill. My hair started to fall out (genetic hair loss) my face started to burn and looked and still looks horrible, very visible blue veins appeared on my chest, shoulders, legs that weren't there before. Even a visit to the dentist was depressing, my gums are receding and the dentist told me it wasn't periodontal disease, because my teeth looked very healthy, he thinks my gums are just really thin , just genetic bad luck. A visit to the eye doctor, also turned out to be bad news, I have blepharitis, dry eye and glaucoma. I just don't know how to deal with it all, the worst of all the things I have is definitely rosacea, it really made my housebound. And when I think of my future, I don't see myself all happy and healthy, but I see a woman with a wig, dentures, ugly red face, varicose veins and living in pain. My marriage is really suffering because I feel so unattractive.
    How could a person have so much genetic misfortune? I'm scared to death, because maybe all these symptoms are not all separate problems but maybe they are the result of one health problem. I just don't see how all these things just show up at the same time and not be related at all.
    You know what I really hate having rosacea, when I feel down and I want to cry (like now) to get it all out, my face and eyes are beet red and burns, and when I wake up tomorrow it still will show.
    Last edited by Samar2000; 9th June 2015 at 10:11 PM.

Hi Samar, sorry to hear about your struggles. It is tough sometimes to deal with this disease. My guess is your husband loves you and just wants you to feel better. And you will. It may take some time and trial and error, but you'll find treatments that help your face feel better. In the meantime, look after yourself. Pamper yourself as best you can. Work on other aspects of your appearance, if you wish, and nurture your self esteem back to good health. Make yourself a project and priority.

I think you are right - that something may be driving your different health issues. It doesn't have to be a bad health problem. It may be something that doctors have overlooked and is treatable. Perhaps an immune issue? Is it possible for you to see an integrative doctor? Someone who looks at the whole health - holistically - versus just treating symptoms.

I remember you said you're on Remeron for your flushing? Is the dose at the level to treat anxiety and depression? I'm on Zoloft. It took away my burning and stinging early on. In the last few days, my doc upped my dose. And my flushing has been better and my face feels calmer. It's not perfect, but has been feeling better the last few days. Plus, I always notice that when I feel anxious/down, my face feels bad. So anything you can do to help with stress will likely help.

Hope you feel better soon and can find some help with what's behind all of these health issues. You know you have people here who will help you. As for your husband, maybe talk with him - or just give him a big hug and thank him for his love and support as you work to find out what's going on with your health. He loves you - and I'm sure he still thinks you're beautiful. Hugs.
    Last edited by hg24; 10th June 2015 at 12:00 AM.

hg24 said it very well. I second the idea to see if you can find a more holistic doctor. Osteopaths and naturopaths are supposed to take more of a holistic approach. Things like the state of your gums are related to your overall health. Pregnancy and times of hormonal changes are tough on the gums. When I have been ill, the dental hygienist has noted my gums have been more inflamed or have undergone periods when they have receded so some of these things may be related but not necessarily something serious or horrible. Also talking to a counselor about the psychological toll of your condition can be helpful. Keep hanging in there but also take some new action-- if you feel like you are doing something to address your situation I think you will feel better! Best wishes and keep us posted. xo

Thx hug and iwemm. I went to a doctor in natural medicine . He told me to eliminate sugars and garlic (? thought garlic was good for the skin) from my diet. He also prescribed me chlorella tablets to get rid of metals in my blood.

Not sure what his exact reasoning is but if you could have bacterial overgrowth in the small intestine, then some health practitioners will recommend avoidance of garlic and onions as well as other fruits, vegetables, grains and condiments that are high in fermentable oligosaccharides, disaccharides, monosaccarides and polyols (see low FODMAP diet). Garlic and onions can cause a lot of gas because of the fermentable components, but they are also good for the body in terms of being antimicrobial and containing bioflavonoids that are anti-inflammatory and have a number of health benefits. Ayurvedic practitioners would view garlic as being too pungent for someone with a pitta imbalance like rosacea, which needs the balance provided by cooling and astringent foods. So yes, garlic is generally good for you but under certain conditions might need to be avoided.

Please keep us updated on the Chlorella. I am interested to hear if you find it helpful.

Ummm exactly what area are we talking about

Cursed in the head... blessed with most other features...

Samar, how are you doing? Do you have any updates?