Thread: Weird healing

Default Weird healing

I'm very grateful that my physical pain is under control with medication, still have days where it tries to sneak back in. But it's so frustrating trying to keep the cosmetic part of rosacea under control, I've tried everything but nothing seems to work. It seems like my skin isn't healing as it should. Every time I have some bumps on my face , or on my chest, they seem to turn into eczema like rashes and it takes long for it to disappear. The rash on my chest has been there for about a month, it doesn't go away. Even a mosquito bite turns into a rash. What is this? Has my skin lost its ability to heal, or is it overhealing?

I don't know but I have the same. I still have redness associated with a papule that arose when I first tried metrogel something like 6 months ago now. It's like my skin healing, particularly on my face, is extremely slow.

Quote Originally Posted by lwemm View Post
    I don't know but I have the same. I still have redness associated with a papule that arose when I first tried metrogel something like 6 months ago now. It's like my skin healing, particularly on my face, is extremely slow.
    Mine is not like a little red spot, but more like a dry red spot as big as a penny.

Do you ever try putting anything on the spots?

Quote Originally Posted by lwemm View Post
    Do you ever try putting anything on the spots?
    Yes, I've tried manuka honey cream, elidel cream ... Nothing seems to get rid of it. All that helps it, is time, but it takes weeks.

I just started a sugar free and gluten free diet AGAIN , it's just so hard to stay on the diet, and not seeing any improvements makes it harder.
    Last edited by Samar2000; 8th June 2015 at 10:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Samar2000 View Post
    Yes, I've tried manuka honey cream, elidel cream ... Nothing seems to get rid of it. All that helps it, is time, but it takes weeks.

I just started a sugar free and gluten free diet AGAIN , it's just so hard to stay on the diet, and not seeing any improvements makes it harder.
    I started taking alpha lipoic acid and I think my skin is improving. Early to tell though.