Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this?

Quote Originally Posted by Tso View Post
    So about your question about a 30% mixture, if you are using 100% TTO in a 30% TTO mixture, then the demodex survival time in direct exposure is probably about 30 minutes.
    I increased the TTO to 50% and things have improved some more. Spots gone and redness is diminishing. Very happy with progress. I think sun helps as well.

Tso, how is the soolantra treatment going?

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Tso, how is the soolantra treatment going?
    Currently on day 45 of Soolantra, and still on the first Soolantra tube.
    I also stopped using topical metronidazole some weeks ago, but didn't noticed a worsening.
    I'm also using Cerave lotion/moisturizer, which may also help and lowered the shower water temperature. I think a lower shower temperature has improved the skin on my back, on which I had some bumps.

It's going pretty well so far.
    I still get new lesions, but those are very small and hardly oozing and go away quickly. Often difficult to see under bathroom light conditions, so I use a bright white led flashlight to check my face for lesions.
    The area which was most affected before Soolantra (right cheek, below eye, at nose level), is the area that is the least affected area since Soolantra.
    Most new lesions occur on my chin, sometimes between the eyebrows and sometimes the left cheek.

I think these positive results are caused by Soolantra, but I cannot rule out any other factors, such as weather etc. Winter is probably the worst season, due to the use of central heating, which lowers the humidity causing the skin to become dryer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tso View Post
    Currently on day 45 of Soolantra, and still on the first Soolantra tube.
    I also stopped using topical metronidazole some weeks ago, but didn't noticed a worsening.
    I'm also using Cerave lotion/moisturizer, which may also help and lowered the shower water temperature. I think a lower shower temperature has improved the skin on my back, on which I had some bumps.

It's going pretty well so far.
    I still get new lesions, but those are very small and hardly oozing and go away quickly. Often difficult to see under bathroom light conditions, so I use a bright white led flashlight to check my face for lesions.
    The area which was most affected before Soolantra (right cheek, below eye, at nose level), is the area that is the least affected area since Soolantra.
    Most new lesions occur on my chin, sometimes between the eyebrows and sometimes the left cheek.

I think these positive results are caused by Soolantra, but I cannot rule out any other factors, such as weather etc. Winter is probably the worst season, due to the use of central heating, which lowers the humidity causing the skin to become dryer.
    I guess you must be really happy about that. Have you checked for demodex mites recently? I'm still convinced they were causing my problems

TSO, curious which Cerave you use. One thing I've noticed, my skin handles the non-foaming clenser a lot better than the foaming one. Also, just the regular moisturizer is a lot different than the moisturizing cream (which comes in the circular container). I've just recently gone back to Cerave after a few months of using TTO/Jojoba exclusively. The Cerave 'cream' keeps my skin hydrated better, but I think the regular cream has some other ingredients which fight acne-like problems better. I notice my skin still gets really dry with just using the regular moisturizer from Cerave, so I add jojoba. But I noticed today where an oozer should have been, nothing much happened. The skin rose up into a whitehead and there was itchiness and irritation, but it wept just enough to seal itself over flat. It wasn't like those nightmarish ones where the spigot turns on and the good just keeps going for many hours.

Ha! False hope. It was a slow-oozer. Woke up with a yellow mountain on my face.
    I'm eventually going to have to go on Soolantra before I lose my mind!

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    I guess you must be really happy about that. Have you checked for demodex mites recently? I'm still convinced they were causing my problems
    I have just checked my face and found no mites (demodex folliculorum). I haven't seen any mites on my face anymore since the use of Soolantra (topical ivermectin). Note that I'm unable to check what is happening inside pores, where demodex often/usually resides. Also note that demodex brevis lives inside the sebacacus gland and is even harder to detect (never seen on my skin).
    But I did detect one on top of my scalp, an area where I don't have yellow crusts and don't apply Soolantra. But I do have some mild scalp folliculitis.

So it seems that topical ivermectin is effective in killing my demodex mites, but I'm not completely free of oozing yellow crusts yet, and I can't be fully sure whether the reduction in symptoms is due to Soolantra.
    Also note that in this study: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...cal-permethrin oral ivermectin (instead of topical) wasn't effective, while oral metrodinazole was. But topical metronidazole didn't seem to be effective in reducing symptoms in my case. (Not sure if I also checked for mites while on topical metronidazole.)

Also note that the two success stories ( http://oozingyellowcrusts.com/t/success-stories/38 ) were also taking oral metronidazole next to Soolantra.

Quote Originally Posted by mesh138 View Post
    TSO, curious which Cerave you use. One thing I've noticed, my skin handles the non-foaming clenser a lot better than the foaming one. Also, just the regular moisturizer is a lot different than the moisturizing cream (which comes in the circular container). I've just recently gone back to Cerave after a few months of using TTO/Jojoba exclusively. The Cerave 'cream' keeps my skin hydrated better, but I think the regular cream has some other ingredients which fight acne-like problems better. I notice my skin still gets really dry with just using the regular moisturizer from Cerave, so I add jojoba. But I noticed today where an oozer should have been, nothing much happened. The skin rose up into a whitehead and there was itchiness and irritation, but it wept just enough to seal itself over flat. It wasn't like those nightmarish ones where the spigot turns on and the good just keeps going for many hours.
    I'm using Cerave Hydrating Cleanser as facewash and CeraVe PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion as moisturizer. Also ordered CeraVe AM Facial Moisturizing Lotion for when going in the sun, and two other daily moisturizers to test (Aveeno and Olay), but don't have them yet.

Default Coconut oil

Col, I believe you are still using coconut oil. After a few months of using jojoba + tea tree, I've scrapped both and am using only fractionated coconut oil as a moisturizer. So far, I like the way its working to combat the mysterious yellow ooze problem. It's not fixing the cause, but its helping slightly with the symptoms. Coconut oil is not as easy to handle as jojoba was. I notice chunks of skin seem to flake off and cling to my eyebrows or other regions around my t-zone with the coconut oil. I've tried applying more throughout the day and still have the same problem. I know you've been using coconut for some time and wanted to know if you, too, have this problem and what you do to fix it. I may end up mixing jojoba with coconut. I'm on the fence. Any input you have is appreciated.

I've had it on my body, they were diagnosed as scabies.

Quote Originally Posted by ramen View Post
    I've had it on my body, they were diagnosed as scabies.
    I have also wondered whether it may be scabies, but in my case I don't think so be cause:
    -Scabies usually occur on the arms/hands and other places, but and rarely on the head (except for children). While our lesions are limited to the head only.
    -No signs of scabie burrows. Although these burrows may be more difficult to spot on oily skin. But I have a microscope and haven't seen any burrows.
    -No signs of scabie mites under a skin microscope. Although I cannot rule out that they may be difficult to spot when they are in their burrows.
    -The itch isn't as severe as most scabie infected people report.

So in our case, I think the demodex hypothesis would be more likely.