Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this?

Here's how things look today. Still some redness but things moving in the right direction.

Looking good, Mr President! Rosiland salutes you!

Quote Originally Posted by adent3742 View Post
    Thanks, Mesh. I picked up a few bottles of Cerave, so I'm giving it a try. I don't see it helping yet, but it doesn't seem to be irritating my face, so that's good. I agree about the heat. Our A/C at work has been broken for over 6 weeks now, so I've had to work in 35+ humid weather. That can't be helping.

~Arthur
    It's worth a shot. We all have the same or similar thing, but of course we all react differently. I'm enduring 110 degree Las Vegas weather in a car with no A/C, but it honestly doesn't bother my skin at all. I do have issues with radiant heat- like the type of heat the rolls out of an oven when you first open it or heat from a laptop. If Cerave is going to help you, you should hopefully see results within a week. Keep us posted. Also keep in mind that you can add things like jojoba oil or diluted tea tree oil to the moisturizer. I used Cerave religiously for about three years and only recently have switched to only using jojoba& 50% tea tree. The Cerave did give me back the bottom half of my face except for the occasional cold sore.

Default Fatty boys

I'm thinking you guys are probably like me in that thinking about this skin issue takes up a lot of your thoughts and emotions. I'm constantly reflecting on past trial and errors and future ideas. So, I want to throw an idea out there to get anyone's input.

Over the weekend, I learned that fat stored on the body can create a chronic inflammatory effect. Everyone stores fat differently and sometimes you may be 'fat-skinny' which means you're weight is low, but you've got lots of chub. I classify myself as fat skinny. I am almost 40 and weigh what I weighed in high school, but I have no muscle tone. My stomach is round, not flat at all, and and although I don't 'look' fat, I constantly 'feel' fat and bloated.

Building on this idea, I've learned via some youtube videos that some people have dealt with psoriasis, acne, eczema, etc. by doing ketosis or basically fasting down to the point where your body is burning off the stored fat. You can search ketosis acne on youtube to see some examples. I don't know what you guys might think about this or if any of you have tried approaching our skin issue from this angle- as the fat deposits stored on our bodies causing an inflammatory effect on our faces?

I believe that excess body fat definitely contributes to inflammation.

There may be something in this. I believe when I eat healthily and consume less sugar and take probiotics that my gut flora rebalance and this helps address inflammatory issues as well as replenishing the adrenal system. It also makes sense that being leaner reduces inflammation as everything can flow better in a body that is less bloated and stagnant and toxins can be more easily eliminated. Absolutely I also believe that exercise helps. More recently I have been building up a healthy sweat and I'm pretty sure my redness diminishes with moderate exercise and a light sweat without building up too much heat and without exhausting the body. Everything seems to be about balance and not excess which is not something I've been particularly good at in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Looking good, Mr President! Rosiland salutes you!
    I am here to serve Hg

Default Next direction

Definitely feel like I cannot make any progress on beating this thing. I've limited my diet basically to fruits, veggies and fish or chicken. Lost a lot of weight. Been using 50% tea tree/100%jojoba. Taking Vitamin C + sea buckthorn oil blend orally. If I am lucky, I can get through two weeks with no 'major' outbreaks. Three weeks is the max though. Starting twenty years ago, I have not made it more than three weeks without one of these ghastly outbreaks.

You all probably share my same frustration. I call it 'Groundhog Day,' where you feel like you're unwittingly creating the same mistakes that end in the same bad ending (the outbreaks). I will not go back to doctors and have them guess at which handful of antibiotics to use on me. I basically try to live my life a little bit in between the outbreaks. I've ended all my social connections and every day wake up, braced for the next outbreak.

The only next step I can think of taking is using Apple Cider Vinegar internally and applying topically, while also taking probiotics. I've read time and time again that people heal things similar to what we have with ACV and other things like yogurt masks and alkalizing their body's PH correctly ( http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/per...rmatitis3.html ). I suspect I will go to see a naturopath to get the correct guidance on this. I am a married man with kids and I have to brace myself for the reactions getting so bad I may have to lose a lot of time off at work (maybe even lose my job?) to see if I can heal this thing. I don't know what else to do. Don't know how much longer I can go on living like a monster and having yellow goo seep out of my face. It's a disgusting, surreal existence.

This is the latest one. While not that bad (sea buckthorn seed oil does keep the outbreaks smaller), it just oozes and oozes. I think you all know the feeling when you put a tissue to your face and pull it away, to see a big circle of oil and grease on the tissue.

20150801_094756.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by mesh138 View Post
    Definitely feel like I cannot make any progress on beating this thing. I've limited my diet basically to fruits, veggies and fish or chicken. Lost a lot of weight. Been using 50% tea tree/100%jojoba. Taking Vitamin C + sea buckthorn oil blend orally. If I am lucky, I can get through two weeks with no 'major' outbreaks. Three weeks is the max though. Starting twenty years ago, I have not made it more than three weeks without one of these ghastly outbreaks.

You all probably share my same frustration. I call it 'Groundhog Day,' where you feel like you're unwittingly creating the same mistakes that end in the same bad ending (the outbreaks). I will not go back to doctors and have them guess at which handful of antibiotics to use on me. I basically try to live my life a little bit in between the outbreaks. I've ended all my social connections and every day wake up, braced for the next outbreak.

The only next step I can think of taking is using Apple Cider Vinegar internally and applying topically, while also taking probiotics. I've read time and time again that people heal things similar to what we have with ACV and other things like yogurt masks and alkalizing their body's PH correctly ( http://www.earthclinic.com/cures/per...rmatitis3.html ). I suspect I will go to see a naturopath to get the correct guidance on this. I am a married man with kids and I have to brace myself for the reactions getting so bad I may have to lose a lot of time off at work (maybe even lose my job?) to see if I can heal this thing. I don't know what else to do. Don't know how much longer I can go on living like a monster and having yellow goo seep out of my face. It's a disgusting, surreal existence.

This is the latest one. While not that bad (sea buckthorn seed oil does keep the outbreaks smaller), it just oozes and oozes. I think you all know the feeling when you put a tissue to your face and pull it away, to see a big circle of oil and grease on the tissue.

20150801_094756.jpg
    I'm so sorry and know how frustrating this is. It's difficult to stay positive when there are continued setbacks. But you have made progress with the sea buckthorn which is important. I'd keep working on replenishing your adrenals with sleep, yoga and relaxation. Massage may help. I think moving the system in a gentle way is good. You know your body best but I've found variety in diet is important. We have to do everything we can to uplift our spirits and allow our body to heal. Maybe a walk in nature, doing something a bit different or a change in scenery will help to shift things.....a nice holiday? .....be kind to yourself, be well. I'm rooting for you my friend.

I have the same problem since a few years: pustules on the face that result in oozing yellow fluid followed by yellow crusts.

I'm currently on Soolantra (topical ivermectin) since a few days to see if it is going to work.
    I also have a microscope and I am able to detect demodex myself: see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFUz9JEW3Bo .

I'm planning on setting up a website dedicated to this. Not because I want to, but because I owe it to myself to do everything possible to get ride of this horrible unknown skin disease that is messing up my social life. This disease currently doesn't have a clear name: multiple dermatologist can give different diagnosis (impetigo, seb derm, rosacea, blepharitis, demodicosis, etc), making it pretty hard for sufferers (and also for dermatologists) to find information about it.
    The goal of that website will be to get the disease as much attention as possible so that suffers from it can easily find each other, join forces, share information and gain knowledge to combat it.

Some photos: http://postimg.org/image/s68bb3iv5/