Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this?

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Hi John. As you can see from my post above, things are going great. Best that my skin has been in years. I'd be interested to see how the borax treatment is going. Are you taking it orally or applying as a topical on your skin? I think the redness is diminishing with the tea tree oil treatment but it may be because I have less pustules and irritation in the area. Let's see what happens in the next month. Did the laser treatment help you?
    Hi col, how are you mate, you asked about borax, I take a quarter of a teaspoon in a litre of fresh drinking every day, I can't apply on my face yet because of the laser treatment, but from taking it orally I have seen a marked difference in my skin, not as red around my nose area were the dermodex mite was really bad, as for the laser treatment I have bruises that are still healing and the veins on my cheeks aren't as prominent anymore, have to try and get some sort of decent moisturiser or cream or serum for my redness, I was looking online and I don't know if you have heard of this product called kalme day defence spf 30, that's me at the moment col,take care, Regards john.

I am still applying the TTO mixture twice daily after washing and will continue this for the next 1-2 months. At this time I will reassess and if I think it's necessary I will try the Rosiver cream (this is the name for ivermectin cream in Canada). I have been treating my face this way for 54 days now (nearly 8 weeks) and it took at least 6 weeks to see some solid, sustainable results. In the beginning things got worse for a few weeks. How long have you been treating with the TTO? Have you noticed any changes (for the better or worse)?
    Haven't used TTO long enough to say--it's probably been less than a week. I've been using about a 50/50 TTO/jojoba mix to help the TTO be absorbed, but I have naturally oily skin so I'm not sure I need the jojoba. I might drop the jojoba down to about 20%, or eliminate it altogether. I've read in some places that you're not supposed to use TTO directly on your skin, but others say it's fine. My skin is usually pretty good about whatever I throw at it, so I might try 100% TTO for a bit and see how it goes.

I don't think I've posted any pics yet, so I'll see if I can attach a couple. Might give you an idea of how similar/dissimilar ours are. I haven't had any redness so far, just the oozing pustules.

IMG_6649.jpg

_DSC0273.jpg

The first one is how my face looked before the antibiotics cleared it up. After the antibiotics ran out I started getting them coming back, but they were reasonably manageable. Then last night I went to a party with lots of food and wine, and I had the lovely babies in picture#2 when I woke up this morning.

~Arthur

Looks similar. Is it usually in the same place? I'd keep going with the TTO. Be careful with not diluting it with a carrier oil. Concentrated 100% TTO is pretty potent stuff. Maybe use argan oil as a carrier oil instead. I hear it absorbs quite well. Coconut oil tends to sit on the skin which is fine for me.

It breaks my heart to see the pictures, but whatever you have is exactly what I have. The instant I see it, I know without a doubt.

I've had this for 20 years. It used to be all over my face and I definitely got it around the lips and shave area. Eventually, I had to grow a goatee just to hide the outbreaks. Then about 4 years ago I started using Cerave skin cleanser and moisturizer. I don't know how or why, but it improved the skin on the bottom half of my face. My cheeks, chin and around the mouth are usually safe from outbreaks although I still get them in the top half of my face.

I think heat has a lot to do with these outbreaks. I can't kiss very liberally anymore because of the heat/friction factor of it. Actually, I've pretty much stopped kissing at all because kissing will make an outbreak appear the next day. Also, I've mentioned before but pay attention to the heat that comes off of laptops or from cell phones. Pay attention to whether or not you're warming your skin up too much in a hot shower. I live in one of the most arid deserts on earth, but dry heat doesn't bother me at all. If I take a hot bath, I will get outbreaks like you have on the bottom of my face.

I hate to see someone else having the same curse that I do, but there are a few of us now. So, we're helping each other and being pretty open. It helps that you're willing to post the pictures.

You're going to have to do a lot of trial and error to figure out if there are things in your life triggering these outbreaks. We are here as your support because, well, we've all got the same curse... but at least there are a few of us taking different approaches and trying to attack this thing that leaves doctors clueless.

I have never gone this route with any doctors, but you may want to research MRSA. MRSA is the only thing I can find that explains recurrent impetigo symptoms that don't go away with antibiotic treatment. I don't know about anyone else on here, but a few years ago I started keeping notes on everything so I have a record of what triggers and what does not. I have a record of what products have exacerbated the condition, had no effect, or helped in small ways.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi col, how are you mate, you asked about borax, I take a quarter of a teaspoon in a litre of fresh drinking every day, I can't apply on my face yet because of the laser treatment, but from taking it orally I have seen a marked difference in my skin, not as red around my nose area were the dermodex mite was really bad, as for the laser treatment I have bruises that are still healing and the veins on my cheeks aren't as prominent anymore, have to try and get some sort of decent moisturiser or cream or serum for my redness, I was looking online and I don't know if you have heard of this product called kalme day defence spf 30, that's me at the moment col,take care, Regards john.
    No, I've not heard of that John. How long have you been taking the borax?

I also wouldn't dismiss demodex as being the main culprit with staph following in its wake of destruction. I think both were running rampant on my face. Now I am getting the demodex numbers down the staph is less able to thrive. Maybe the heat and friction are killing the demodex causing the inflammation which the staph are then able to feed off. I noticed how this happens once when a soccer ball hit me on the side of my forehead and I proceeded to break out exactly in that spot. I now think it is the mites dying that is causing the problem.

No, I've not heard of that John. How long have you been taking the borax?
    Hi col, I have been taken it for the last 5 days, a 1/4 teaspoon in a litre of fresh drinking water, then stop for 2 days and then go back on again for another 5 days, do this for 3 weeks and then stop for a week, the minerals that are in borax flushes out the dermodex mite and the die off, I have used it for the 5 days and have noticed a marked improvement in my appearance and less mites on my face, it can be applied directly on to the face and left on over night, a drop of water in a bowl and a good bit of borax so that it sets in the bottom of the bowl (a glass bowl) so you can see the mixture, you can buy borax powder from the pharmacy I bought it in boots, if want take a look at this website (www.Cureyourroascea.blog) hope this helps col,Regards john.

Looks similar. Is it usually in the same place? I'd keep going with the TTO. Be careful with not diluting it with a carrier oil. Concentrated 100% TTO is pretty potent stuff. Maybe use argan oil as a carrier oil instead. I hear it absorbs quite well. Coconut oil tends to sit on the skin which is fine for me.
    Thanks, Col. It's not usually in the same place, but it keeps to the same general area of my face. If you think of a vertical line down the middle of your face, it generally stays within a couple inches of that line. So on/around the nose, around the lips, chin, cheeks close to lips/nose, and sometimes forehead. Mostly it's where I shave, except that it can appear higher than the beard line and on the forehead.

~Arthur

Quote Originally Posted by mesh138 View Post
    Then about 4 years ago I started using Cerave skin cleanser and moisturizer. I don't know how or why, but it improved the skin on the bottom half of my face. My cheeks, chin and around the mouth are usually safe from outbreaks although I still get them in the top half of my face.

I think heat has a lot to do with these outbreaks.

Thanks, Mesh. I picked up a few bottles of Cerave, so I'm giving it a try. I don't see it helping yet, but it doesn't seem to be irritating my face, so that's good. I agree about the heat. Our A/C at work has been broken for over 6 weeks now, so I've had to work in 35+ humid weather. That can't be helping.

~Arthur

Seems to be where the pores are largest and the most sebum is present. Demodex mites feed off sebum so I think if you treat for them then that will be a good approach. Let's see what the TTO does after 6 weeks or so. I apply all over my head, ears, neck and chest. The little critters will try and escape so a good coverage is important. Let's hope for the best. I think I'm through the worst and things are continuing to improve now