Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this?

Quote Originally Posted by mesh138 View Post
    First, I'm sorry to hear of your struggle. I empathize because I've been suffering from exactly the same thing, non-stop, for over 20 years. I've been on 15 different types of antibiotics, but it hasn't changed anything. Mayo Clinic even went for the longshot and gave me leprosy medicine (Dapsone), which also did nothing. I think it takes a bit of bravery to posts pictures of these things online, but I am glad you did. Your picture strikes home with me as it resembles what I have not just in appearance, but also location. While I do get them elsewhere on my face, most of the time its right around that bridge of the nose area as shown in your picture. Many doctors will tell you its impetigo, but impetigo is a simple bacterial infection that little kids get that clears up with Caephlexin within a week. I've had a few biopsies done and my lesions proved to be neither fungal, bacterial or viral. I recommend you start searching the internet for the word 'sebum.' What is bubbling out of your skin is most likely an abundance of this type of oil and it may or may not be attributed to your body's immune response to demodex mites. I am a little new to this website and don't know how to contact people directly, but I am interested in having an email correspondence with you. I've sent a friend request to you via this website. I've been battling this nonstop for 20+ years and I may be able to give you some insights. We may learn a thing or two from each other. This was my most recent outbreak yesterday.

Attachment 3348Attachment 3348
    Hi Mesh138, it does look pretty similar. I would really like to exchange thoughts on this. Keflex did seem to help but it came back afterwards. Let me message you because I would love to hear what you thin is going on.

Hi Mesh138

I sent you a private message. Did you receive it?

Received. Replied.

Quote Originally Posted by mesh138 View Post
    Received. Replied.
    Sorry, I do not have any messages in my inbox.

I had a few days working from home and have been treating myself with a TTO/Coconut oil mixture. My skin had improved and although there still is some honey coloured crusting, it's greatly reduced with fewer pustules. Back at work today and a few spots have formed on my face. Let's see how these play out. I'm going to stick with TTO aproach for now and see how I get on in a few weeks. The derm suggested bleach baths, continue with the bactroban up the nose and use an antibacterial cleanser. The cleanser dried my skin up, the bactroban seems to have no effect. Not sure about the bleach bath.....perhaps. I'm keeping up with the bacterial colonization theory for now but as the swab came up negative, I'm unconvinced.

I'm continuing with the TTO/coconut oil but noticed over the last few days that my skin seems tight and is very dry (almost cracking). I am guessing that the TTO is very drying on the skin and that the coconut oil is just not absorbing enough to moisturize. I have resorted to applying moisturizer 20 minutes or so after applying the TTO mixture. This seems to be helping a bit. I was using a natural oil moisturizer from Sage with camomile but that wasn't doing enough so now I'm using Cetaphil which is better. I'm also doing the bleach baths and washing with a Sage cleanser so perhaps this also contributing to the dryness. Not sure whether adding the moisturizer is going to reduce the effect of the TTO. I am getting fewer and smaller pustules but still some of the yellow crusting. I am thinking of switching the carrier oil from coconut oil to something else....rosehip oil, jojoba, argan? Any suggestions?

Ok, I reduced the TTO concentration to 25% and started using CeraVe lotion to moisturize and the effect was almost instant. My dryness, tightness and flaking has gone. It's like the seb derm has disappeared. I am getting a few small rosacea pustules and redness but nothing like before. I'm pretty hopeful this is developing into an effective treatment for me. Now in week 4 of treatment.

Here's how things look in week 5 of the TTO/coconut oil treatment. I am still applying morning and night after washing. The combination I am using now is 30% TTO to 70% coconut oil. Still quite red but fewer pustules and more smooth skin with a better texture....and much less dry and flaky. The seb derm seems to have diminished considerably. I should add that the light in these photos is not flattering but I want to show as much of the flushing as I can. I am still hopeful that 7-8 weeks on this will bring a good result.
    Attached Images

I've been looking for months trying to find out what I have, and I finally came across this thread. It looks like we have a similar problem.

In my case, I've had clear skin since my teenage acne went away. Then last year I started getting occasional zits that didn't act like zits--they couldn't be popped, and it took nothing for the top layer of skin to come off. Now they're getting worse. I'll get a tiny little bump that starts weeping a light-honey-coloured fluid. No matter how much I dab it, it keeps weeping all day unless I leave it alone. If I leave it alone, it forms a large ball of fluid that gradually hardens into a yellow crust. If I remove the yellow crust, it seems to take off a lot of the surrounding skin, making it worse. Then the whole skinless area weeps a fluid, which crusts over, and the cycle begins again.

I've been using a styptic pencil on the bumps as soon as they start weeping, which probably isn't great for my skin. It stops the weeping, but then scabs over with a dark scab that's probably more noticeable than the honey-coloured ones.

I'm getting more and more of these, and I haven't found a diet yet that reduces them. Saw a doctor who tried me on Fucidin in case it was impetigo. Saw a derm who put me on doxycycline, metrogel, and now apo-minocycline, but nothing's worked. I keep getting breakouts almost daily.

How's your TTO/coconut oil been working lately? Which TTO and coconut oil did you use? I've heard some good things about TTO. Is is supposed to kill demodex mites, or is there another reason to use it? I'm supposed to try ivermectin next in case it's mites, but I'm open to anything at this point.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris

Wow, a third person suffering from this. Ok, I seem to be getting somewhere with the TTO/coconut oil. I am also washing with Trisan, an antibacterial cleanser. The dermatologist I am going to thinks it is impetigo but 2 separate skin cultures have come up negative for bacteria so I am sceptical. Another forum member (Mesh138) who I have been in touch with has something similar with oozing and crusting and has had loads of skin cultures done and all have showed negative for bacteria. TTO kills demodex. And the coconut oil seems to contain the oozing/weeping somehow. Gradually, gradually things are diminishing and I feel that I am winning. But it's early days to start celebrating. Have you read Kisha's blog about her TTO treatment? She is now 3 years clear of her rosacea and she had a lot of pustules at one stage. It appears her problem was demodex for sure. I am always a little itchy on my face but put that down to the seb derm. But as this treatment seems to be working, I am thinking that my problem is demodex as well. I also did bleach baths (1/4 - 1/2 cup household bleach in a tub of water and soak in it for 10 mins) twice a week. I think all of these things helped with the yellow crusting but the TTO/coconut oil is eliminating the demodex. I apply twice daily and am using CeraVe PM to moisturize about an hour after applying the TTO mix. If you go this route then be warned that your skin may get very dry as TTO is drying. Don't panic if this happens and be ready to moisturize with something your skin is going to handle. It sounds to me like your derm thinks it is rosacea because all of those meds are rosacea meds. Nothing the derm gave me worked either. But TTO oil is and I think Soolantra/Ivermectin might as well. If you decide to use this then I would be interested to hear how you get on. Do you flush as well? Is your skin dry? History of seb derm? Anyhow, now that we are forming a merry band of warriors against the dreaded oozers I think the battle is starting to become a little more even. Warriors of Rosiland unite!! (that was just for you, Hg)