Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have this?

Post Does anyone have this?

I get these spots that ooze a clear liquid and it starts to crystalize into a hard, yellow crust. See above my left eye. The crust just gets bigger and bigger as the oozing continues an the skin underneath gets affected in that it will come away if I try to remove the crust. After 1-2 days the oozing stops and if I peel the yellow crust off it will dry and heal. It looks infected to me. The derm said she thought it was infected an prescribed dioxycycline 100mg but after 3 weeks I'm still getting them. I have rosacea subtype 2 and seb derm. These things are the worst. They itch, hurt and look awful. Any advice would be welcomed as this is seriously getting me down.
    Attached Images

This reminds me of when I had chicken pox. Have you had them before or been exposed?

Yes, I had chicken pox as a child. These are rosacea pustules at first but quite red swollen ones. They tend to burst quite easily, usually when I am showering or sometimes overnight. Then oozing starts. I got rid of these larger oozing pustules for a while a few months back (I still had smaller ones an bumps) but they have come back since I started on topicals and antibiotics again. They really are horrible!
    Last edited by Col; 29th May 2015 at 03:45 PM.

Hi, Have you looked at internal changes such as diet, antihistamines, probiotics? Sounds like there is a lot of inflammation inside pushing out toxins. If you took 400 mg ibuprofen for a couple of days, would the papules/pustules/bumps recede/ go away? This could mean your ordeal is more inflammation-driven and you need to focus more aggressively on that path.

I saw the derm yesterday and she says I have some kind of impetigo skin infection. She prescribed cephalexin 500 mg to be taken 4 times daily and mupirocin 2% bactroban cream to put inside my nose twice daily. Just started treatment so hoping it will resolve things in a few days.

Quote Originally Posted by hg24 View Post
    Hi, Have you looked at internal changes such as diet, antihistamines, probiotics? Sounds like there is a lot of inflammation inside pushing out toxins. If you took 400 mg ibuprofen for a couple of days, would the papules/pustules/bumps recede/ go away? This could mean your ordeal is more inflammation-driven and you need to focus more aggressively on that path.
    I have tried diet changes of all sorts, probiotics and antihistamines. The diet has some impact. Not tried ibuprofen. Thanks for the suggestions

Hey Col,

I'm just in med school but I was gonna suggest impetigo and yay, your derm has already diagnosed it
    DOn't worry about it, it really has nothing to do with rosacea, it's caused by a bacteria and goes away quickly with the right antibiotic. A lot of children get it.

Keep us posted about the evolution !

Quote Originally Posted by Ariana View Post
    Hey Col,

I'm just in med school but I was gonna suggest impetigo and yay, your derm has already diagnosed it
    DOn't worry about it, it really has nothing to do with rosacea, it's caused by a bacteria and goes away quickly with the right antibiotic. A lot of children get it.

Keep us posted about the evolution !
    Hi Ariana

Thanks for your reassuring post. Yes, the infection is reduced and so is my anxiety about it. I am now on day 6 of treatment so hopefully after 10 days it will be gone. But I have rosacea and seb derm as well and I am still getting redness and pustules (they are just not so infected like before). The derm took a swab so let's see what the results of that are. Once the infection is gone I can focus on treating the other 2 conditions. I have been working from home all week to try to give my body the chance to recover. Finally, I feel up to returning to work tomorrow.

So 10 days of treatment with cephalexin completed yesterday. It had all eased off substantially and I could see no sign of infection. But only 1 day later, less than 12 hours, and things are getting worse again. A large, oozing sore has developed right in the centre of my forehead and formed a honey coloured crust. It's the biggest one I can remember! I'm going back to see my incredibly good derm on Thursday. Please let this torment end!!

Default We may have the same curse

First, I'm sorry to hear of your struggle. I empathize because I've been suffering from exactly the same thing, non-stop, for over 20 years. I've been on 15 different types of antibiotics, but it hasn't changed anything. Mayo Clinic even went for the longshot and gave me leprosy medicine (Dapsone), which also did nothing. I think it takes a bit of bravery to posts pictures of these things online, but I am glad you did. Your picture strikes home with me as it resembles what I have not just in appearance, but also location. While I do get them elsewhere on my face, most of the time its right around that bridge of the nose area as shown in your picture. Many doctors will tell you its impetigo, but impetigo is a simple bacterial infection that little kids get that clears up with Caephlexin within a week. I've had a few biopsies done and my lesions proved to be neither fungal, bacterial or viral. I recommend you start searching the internet for the word 'sebum.' What is bubbling out of your skin is most likely an abundance of this type of oil and it may or may not be attributed to your body's immune response to demodex mites. I am a little new to this website and don't know how to contact people directly, but I am interested in having an email correspondence with you. I've sent a friend request to you via this website. I've been battling this nonstop for 20+ years and I may be able to give you some insights. We may learn a thing or two from each other. This was my most recent outbreak yesterday.

yuck.jpgyuck.jpg