Thread: Remeron/clonidine : pain is gone!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Remeron/clonidine : pain is gone!

I've been suffering from facial pain for more then a year. My GP had prescribed me neurontin, cymbalta...
    nothing got rid of the pain. It was delibetating, I couldn't leave the house. People surrounding me were mad at times, because I didn't come to parties or didn't go anywhere with them. I couldn't attend the funeral of my best friends grandpa, I felt so guilty because she's always been there for me. I couldn't go to the themepark, shopping, park, or anything else with my kids and husband. It had put a lot of strain on my family's and friends relationship. Nobody could feel my pain, so they all thought I was overdramatizing, which wasn't.
    Well, anyway, the reason I'm writing this is to say thank you to this supportgroup for telling me about clonidine and remeron. I've told my GP about it, he was against it, but after trial and error with different medications, he listened to me and prescribed me clonidine and remeron. At first I was a little skeptical, because everything (creams and pills) I had tried was a big failure. But it actually really worked, I couldn't believe it. After a year, it was just soooo weird to not feel pain on my face anymore. Everybody takes it for granted to wake up , looking in the mirror and see a clear face, walking around without pain.
    So thank you again. I still look bad, so now I just have to go through the struggles of the mental pain, but I'm very gratefull the physical pain is gone. Of course it's not gone gone, I still have days I can feel some burning sensations, but it's minimal.
    Now I can at least go outside, although I always have the feeling people are starting at my face. Especially when I have a face to face conversation with somebody, I feel soooo little, selfconfidence is out of the picture. During my conversation all i can think is: oh my god, he/she is staring at my face, what are they thinking.... How do you deal with that?

Hi Samar, thank you for your post.

Could you tell me how long you used Clonidine and Remeron before you felt they were effective.

I have been on both for about 3 weeks and am uncertain they are making a difference. I still have bad burning, particularly at night. Am also worried that they are adversely affecting my circulation: my fingers are so blue!

Quote Originally Posted by EllyS View Post
    Hi Samar, thank you for your post.

Could you tell me how long you used Clonidine and Remeron before you felt they were effective.

I have been on both for about 3 weeks and am uncertain they are making a difference. I still have bad burning, particularly at night. Am also worried that they are adversely affecting my circulation: my fingers are so blue!
    For me, it took about a week to feel my pain was almost gone.
    To see if it really has an effect , you Should try to take it about 3-4 weeks my GP said. But I think you Should talk to your GP if your fingers are turning blue.

Thanks.

What dose do you take of both Clonidine and Remeron (aka Mirtazapine)?

I take 1 remeron (15 Mg) at night, 2 pills of clonidine (0,025mg each) in the morning and 2 at night.

My side effects: always hungry, sleepy and dry mouth.

That's quite a low dose too.

Really goes to show that a treatment that has excellent outcomes for one rosacean, can have a negligible impact upon the symptoms of another. If only there were one treatment that worked for all!