Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: IPL on Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii

Default IPL on Keratosis Pilaris Rubra Faceii

Hello, I have managed to get my keratosis pilaris rubra faceii under control. I am considering to get IPL treatment to improve my general skin condition, but am worried it could negatively impact my keratosis pilaris rubra faceii. I think the most likely thing that will happen is that it will be a red for a day or two then will return to normal. Has anyone ever experienced a similar situation? Thank you

Hi, I'm going through IPL treatments now. And have had IPL and Vbeam lasers in the past. But I have rosacea. Is IPL indicated for KPRF? Are you wanting to do IPL for the redness or the flushing?

When I have IPL, I get patches of dark surface redness and get pretty swollen. Then it subsides over a period of 2-3 days. A little extra flushiness. Then all goes back to normal. I get high settings.

Quote Originally Posted by modman View Post
    Hello, I have managed to get my keratosis pilaris rubra faceii under control. I am considering to get IPL treatment to improve my general skin condition, but am worried it could negatively impact my keratosis pilaris rubra faceii. I think the most likely thing that will happen is that it will be a red for a day or two then will return to normal. Has anyone ever experienced a similar situation? Thank you
    IPl wont do anything for KPRF

And who ever put that idea in your head in the first place hasnt got a clue

The only laser that might do some thing for KPRF is Vbeam

Thank you for the replies.

Yes I know the IPL won't do anything for the KPRF, I wanted to get the IPL to remove freckles. Luckily I have managed to figure out a routine to keep my KPRF under control over the years, and it would be terrible if the IPL caused it to flare up much worse. Its unlikely to happen, but definitely felt it worth a forum post to see if anyone has any experience with it.

They use a different filter on the IPL for brown pigment. I've had that, too. Agree, you should be fine. Would be a good idea to let the operator know beforehand that you have KPRF; may affect the settings they choose to use. Good luck!

Thank you for the replies.

Yes I know the IPL won't do anything for the KPRF, I wanted to get the IPL to remove freckles. Luckily I have managed to figure out a routine to keep my KPRF under control over the years, and it would be terrible if the IPL caused it to flare up much worse. Its unlikely to happen, but definitely felt it worth a forum post to see if anyone has any experience with it.
    Hi Modman

Im the same as you

Ive got KPRF and will get destroyed in freckles if the Sun hits my face

Talk about Curse Of The Celts

I would love to hear how you keep your KPRF under control

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Hi Modman

Im the same as you

Ive got KPRF and will get destroyed in freckles if the Sun hits my face

Talk about Curse Of The Celts

I would love to hear how you keep your KPRF under control

Happy to mate. Two things out of the literally thousands of things i've tried that actually work:

SSRI's for flushing
    Dr Nick Lowe's Redness Relief

Apart from that all the obvious stuff like not using soap on the face, never being rough with your facial skin, only shaving at night so it calms down overnight etc.

Hope that helps.

Happy to mate. Two things out of the literally thousands of things i've tried that actually work:

SSRI's for flushing
    Dr Nick Lowe's Redness Relief

Apart from that all the obvious stuff like not using soap on the face, never being rough with your facial skin, only shaving at night so it calms down overnight etc.

Hope that helps.
    Cheers

3 things that helped me

No creams . Never put anything on my face

Never wash my face (Only when I have to shave )

Avoid heated rooms , cars ,trains ,buses etc etc like the plague ( My worst Trigger )

If I have to I will block the heat as best I can using a jacket or Carry Bag when I am using public transport

Quote Originally Posted by davekelly View Post
    Cheers

3 things that helped me

No creams . Never put anything on my face

Never wash my face (Only when I have to shave )

Avoid heated rooms , cars ,trains ,buses etc etc like the plague ( My worst Trigger )

If I have to I will block the heat as best I can using a jacket or Carry Bag when I am using public transport
    I assume you have experimented with diet? Didn't help?

What about the angle of the problem coming from an unhealthy gut? Have you used probiotics?

Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    I assume you have experimented with diet? Didn't help? What about the angle of the problem coming from an unhealthy gut? Have you used probiotics?
    Of Course .

And in the 20 years I have had this the only thing that has made a difference to my Flushing

was giving up Sugar ( white refined ) and anything with Sugar in it .

I seem to have a problem with Apples + most other citrus fruits as well .

And unlike Rosacea I can eat anything else I like Dairy ,meat , Rice , Potatoes etc etc