Thread: Sucess Stories

Default Sucess Stories

Has anyone actually 100% cured themselves of seborrheic dermatitis, or even heard about someone who 100% cured their seborrheic dermatitis?

I am tired of beating around the bush with ppl trying to sell me lotions and potions. Anyone who has heard of someone achieving 100% clearance via diet, supplements, antifungals, ANYTHING--please post here.

I have. It's not a quick route, and takes at least 4 to 8 months. The "sticky" above shows the evolution of the treatment I use. It's a lot to read so you might start at the end of the thread. I make my own topical products, and that's bridge too far for most people but you'll get some ideas for OTC products too.

Super short summary, try Lotrimin Ultra and CeraVe PM lotion, and order Hegor 150 shampoo from baroness.co, but you must completely rinse out the Hegor shampoo because it's based on sodium lauryl sulfate so you can't leave it on for more than 5 minutes, because it can cause skin irritation -- not for me, but for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    I have. It's not a quick route, and takes at least 4 to 8 months. The "sticky" above shows the evolution of the treatment I use. It's a lot to read so you might start at the end of the thread. I make my own topical products, and that's bridge too far for most people but you'll get some ideas for OTC products too.

Super short summary, try Lotrimin Ultra and CeraVe PM lotion, and order Hegor 150 shampoo from baroness.co, but you must completely rinse out the Hegor shampoo because it's based on sodium lauryl sulfate so you can't leave it on for more than 5 minutes, because it can cause skin irritation -- not for me, but for many people.
    Hi, Tom! Do you suggest applying Lotrimin Ultra on the face and then using CeraVe PM Lotion? And Hegor 150 for scalp. Is that correct?

Yes, as you stated. I don't follow this treatment, but working within your OTC options, that is as good as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Busby View Post
    Yes, as you stated. I don't follow this treatment, but working within your OTC options, that is as good as it gets.
    Thank you for the reply and all info in your sticky thread.

Default Cetaphil

Hi. I registered to this forum to share my success story - hopefully it can help others.

I have suffered from Seb Derm for about 8 years. It is not an extremely aggressive type, but still involving outbreaks in the face and a constant rotation of moisturizers, eczema cream, or cortisone when bad.

It's a bit too early to declare victory, but I have used Cetaphil cleanser + Moisturizer once a day for ~4 weeks now and I haven't had a single day of outbreak, maybe a few of the days I have been slightly red, but on a level that can been ignored. Most of the days, my skin has looked completely normal, even healthy! While I'm sure it would come back if I stop, I can't claim I'm "cured", but I can say that my symptoms are virtually gone, my life for the last month has changed, I don't spend time on inspecting and treating and I am simply amazed by the effectiveness of this! It's the best treatment I've tried so far, bar none.

It's worth a try.

Quote Originally Posted by PMP View Post
    Hi. I registered to this forum to share my success story - hopefully it can help others.

I have suffered from Seb Derm for about 8 years. It is not an extremely aggressive type, but still involving outbreaks in the face and a constant rotation of moisturizers, eczema cream, or cortisone when bad.

It's a bit too early to declare victory, but I have used Cetaphil cleanser + Moisturizer once a day for ~4 weeks now and I haven't had a single day of outbreak, maybe a few of the days I have been slightly red, but on a level that can been ignored. Most of the days, my skin has looked completely normal, even healthy! While I'm sure it would come back if I stop, I can't claim I'm "cured", but I can say that my symptoms are virtually gone, my life for the last month has changed, I don't spend time on inspecting and treating and I am simply amazed by the effectiveness of this! It's the best treatment I've tried so far, bar none.

It's worth a try.
    can you specify what cleanser and moisturizer? Cetaphil has different ones!

I have been using Gentle Skin Cleanser and Cetaphil RestoraDerm Skin Restoring Moisturizer (which I believe is the same as Restoraderm Eczema Calming Body Moisturizer, just a name change).