Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Orange LED therapy

Default Cost?

How much was the cost of your "20 minute orange light therapy treatment followed by a moisturizing mask"? It looks promising..

Quote Originally Posted by letsbefit View Post
    It looks promising..
    The problem is that we have nothing to compare to and no way to replicate it. This would be like I saying "I had either a laser or IPL done and it worked". But without specifics like machine and settings, the results will likely be random.

We don't know anything about the machine. What machine was used? Can a make/model be provided? Was it red light, infrared, or both? Infrared LED's will not be visible when on.

If this is to be helpful, some information needs to be provided:

- What was the machine make/model? Not necessary, but helpful
    - Were some of the LED's invisible when on? If so, what approximate percentage?
    - What are the measurements as provided in this link? http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...068-RLT-Basics

Without this information, all one can really say is that some form of either red light or infrared, at some intensity, when combined with a mask was helpful to one person. The chances you can replicate this effect without any further information are not good.

I'm sure that it was your typical infrared led, nothing special. All told, the led and the mask costs 25 dollars, the ipl was 45, but this is Vietnam

Quote Originally Posted by letsbefit View Post
    How much was the cost of your "20 minute orange light therapy treatment followed by a moisturizing mask"? It looks promising..

Quote Originally Posted by rosacea27 View Post
    I'm sure that it was your typical infrared led, nothing special. All told, the led and the mask costs 25 dollars, the ipl was 45, but this is Vietnam
    So were some of the LED's red and some infrared? What percentage of each? Infrared LED's are not visible and you said you could see "orange".

I asked the doctor this question and she said that is true: it was a combination of both red and infrared. It is true that the actual color you see is "orange" but it does in fact have an infrared element to it.

Quote Originally Posted by wiry View Post
    So were some of the LED's red and some infrared? What percentage of each? Infrared LED's are not visible and you said you could see "orange".

Perhaps next time you are there you can see how many of the LED's have color and how many have no color (when on). Just try to approximate what percentage have color and what do not.

For example, I recently evaluated a unit on Amazon that had both red and infrared LEDs. However, about 90% of the LEDS were infrared. If effect, this was nearly all infrared and very little red.

wiry, no matter how much we want rosacea to "make sense" - it isn't likely to ever happen. One person can use a specific color frequency range at a specific power setting, with a specific number of bulbs with a specific temperature and humidity while balancing on one foot and reciting the alphabet, but replicating that experience in another person isn't going to provide identical, repeatedly reproducible, results. I don't think the intent of this thread was to provide rigorous scientific empirical data.

The longer I've had rosacea, the more clear it is that treatment is highly subjective territory with very few if any options which work for the majority of individuals. If you can't accept that unfortunate lack of pure objective precision, you'll be left endlessly dissatisfied.

Bob, this is entirely the wrong attitude. Information about RLT can be collected (and has been collected). See link below. For now, I am the only one making the effort, but Wendy is going to gather information about a professional unit. This benefits everyone.

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...068-RLT-Basics

We can continue to collection information about units that are used at home and in professional settings. While it is impossible to know the exact parameters for roscea, it is absolutely possible to compare units to the many publications that exist. It is also to compare home units to other home units and home units to professional units. This can certainly weed out units that will not be benefits (as has already been done myself).

If people do not post information about the RLT devices they, as has not been done in this forum since its inception, it leads to mass confusion and complete stagnation of the technology. Incorrect information is more harmful than saying nothing (which has been the status quo around here lately). And for some counterproductive reason, this is found to be acceptable. I am trying to guide people since I have researched this for nearly a decade. I have also invested in expensive equipment, evaluated and built many units, and boiled the whole thing down. I can, without a doubt, paint a clear picture if forum members will help out. I have specifically stated how to simply evaluate units. If people do not care to make this effort, then there will be no knowledge base within the forum. It will just be a place where erroneous information is continually spread. In previous years, we had many intelligent conversations about RLT, so it can be done.

---

When people do post information about things they help them (such as IPL and V-beam), then it helps us all to make better decisions. See the link below.

http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...94-About-VBeam
    Last edited by wiry; 15th May 2015 at 06:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bob4324 View Post
    wiry, no matter how much we want rosacea to "make sense" - it isn't likely to ever happen. One person can use a specific color frequency range at a specific power setting, with a specific number of bulbs with a specific temperature and humidity while balancing on one foot and reciting the alphabet.
    Except for the fact that it can be boiled down to simple parameters. Take time to read what is being said (and linked to). I have made is very clear how this is done.

Hi Bob -

I understand what you are saying but the work and data that Wiry is collecting (for all of us) is very important and I think we need to support him as much as we can as it will be a benefit to us all in the end.

wendy

Quote Originally Posted by bob4324 View Post
    wiry, no matter how much we want rosacea to "make sense" - it isn't likely to ever happen. One person can use a specific color frequency range at a specific power setting, with a specific number of bulbs with a specific temperature and humidity while balancing on one foot and reciting the alphabet, but replicating that experience in another person isn't going to provide identical, repeatedly reproducible, results. I don't think the intent of this thread was to provide rigorous scientific empirical data.

The longer I've had rosacea, the more clear it is that treatment is highly subjective territory with very few if any options which work for the majority of individuals. If you can't accept that unfortunate lack of pure objective precision, you'll be left endlessly dissatisfied.