Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remission of rosacea induced by reduction of gut transit time

Default Remission of rosacea induced by reduction of gut transit time

Rosacea is a chronic disorder characterized by hypersensitivity of the facial vascu-lature, presenting with intense flushing eventually leading to chronic erythema andtelangiectasia. Although the precise aetiology of rosacea is not known, numerousassociations with inflammatory gastrointestinal tract disorders have been reported.Furthermore, substance P-immunoreactive neurones occur in considerably greaternumbers in tissue surrounding affected blood vessels suggesting involvement ofneurogenic inflammation and moreover plasma kallikrein–kinin activation isconsistently found in patients. In this report, a patient without digestive tract diseaseis described, who experienced complete remission of rosacea symptoms followingingestion of a material intended to sweep through the digestive tract and reduce transittime below 30 h. It is possible that intestinal bacteria are capable of plasma kallikrein–kinin activation and that flushing symptoms and the development of othercharacteristic features of rosacea result from frequent episodes of neurogenicinflammation caused by bradykinin-induced hypersensitization of facial afferentneurones. The possible relevance of this hypothesis to other conditions featuringafferent hypersensitivity, such as fibromyalgia, is considered.
    Attached Files

I wanted to create a thread on this study, but it already exists.

Who has already tried to reduce transit time?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryohiku View Post
    I wanted to create a thread on this study, but it already exists.

Who has already tried to reduce transit time?
    It might be worth looking into taking a prokinetic to reduce gut transit time. Prucalopride at 0.5mg a day four hours after eating and just before bed, is a standard treatment for SIBO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    It might be worth looking into taking a prokinetic to reduce gut transit time. Prucalopride at 0.5mg a day four hours after eating and just before bed, is a standard treatment for SIBO.

where did you see that Prucalopride is a treatment for sibo?

where did you see that Prucalopride is a treatment for sibo?
    A lengthy article but worth a read

https://medium.com/@stkirsch/insight...bo-c091bb5aa00

Thanks.

So did you try Prucalopride ? Have you some others advices ?

Thanks.

So did you try Prucalopride ? Have you some others advices ?
    I am a complicated case as I will always have some form of SIBO due to me having surgery to remove my ileocecal valve (Due to crohns disease). The ileocecal stops bacteria from moving from the large intestine to the small intestine, so without it there will always be the potential for bacteria to migrate to and from the large intestine. I have just started prucalopride although I had to obtain it through unusual channels (Basically my ex-wife is obtaining this for me from India) too early to say if it is working at the moment. I also have the added complication of severe facial psoriasis as I literally have psoriasis growing on top of my rhinophyma and pustules. The four derms I have seen say they have never quite seen a case like mine as you either have one or the other diseases not both on top of each other. I would advise getting a breath test to make sure you have SIBO, I have had 5 breath tests and each time I have had high hydrogen levels. Hope this advice helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan3dwards View Post
    I am a complicated case as I will always have some form of SIBO due to me having surgery to remove my ileocecal valve (Due to crohns disease). The ileocecal stops bacteria from moving from the large intestine to the small intestine, so without it there will always be the potential for bacteria to migrate to and from the large intestine. I have just started prucalopride although I had to obtain it through unusual channels (Basically my ex-wife is obtaining this for me from India) too early to say if it is working at the moment. I also have the added complication of severe facial psoriasis as I literally have psoriasis growing on top of my rhinophyma and pustules. The four derms I have seen say they have never quite seen a case like mine as you either have one or the other diseases not both on top of each other. I would advise getting a breath test to make sure you have SIBO, I have had 5 breath tests and each time I have had high hydrogen levels. Hope this advice helps.
    Do you think SIBO can contribute to subtype 1 rosacea? I tested positive for high hydrogen levels but assumed that SIBO was more linked to subtype 2? What are your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Do you think SIBO can contribute to subtype 1 rosacea? I tested positive for high hydrogen levels but assumed that SIBO was more linked to subtype 2? What are your thoughts?
    I think subtype is a false approach to rosacea. For me, there is:

1. Rosacea caused by demodex mites
    2. Rosacea caused by the gut

We can have either one or the other, or both. And so the patients develop different symptoms and the doctors categorize them into subtypes.

But the question you should ask yourself is: do I have digestive problems? Flush after meals? Bloating? Other symptoms like fatigue, hormonal problems, bad sleep?

If so, there is a good chance that you have SIBO and not only demodex mites

Quote Originally Posted by Seb91 View Post
    Hi Seb

How are you treating your SIBO?

Did you ever take Rifraxam?

If so, was there any flushing from die off?

Many thanks,
    Bluedog