Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Optimel

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    My eyelids are red and my eyes burn. It's from ocular rosacea. I have plugged glands on the bottom. I got my optimel drops today and honestly my hopes aren't very high lol BUT I am willing to try anything.

What had you tried before optimel? What are your symptoms? How "good" are your eyes today?
    What do you use to un plug your blocked glands on your bottom lids ?

I do the compresses, doxycycline, omega 3, Restasis and a low sugar diet. It hasn't really helped all that much. Im hoping the Optimel may help? I'm also looking into mebomian gland probing (google it). I've also tried the tea tree oil wipes which I still use but they are expensive! (Cliradex wipes) I don't have much facial symptoms at all. I don't know what else to do!

Judworth: you say your eyes are 70 percent better now? Is it still working?

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    I do the compresses, doxycycline, omega 3, Restasis and a low sugar diet. It hasn't really helped all that much. Im hoping the Optimel may help? I'm also looking into mebomian gland probing (google it). I've also tried the tea tree oil wipes which I still use but they are expensive! (Cliradex wipes) I don't have much facial symptoms at all. I don't know what else to do!

Judworth: you say your eyes are 70 percent better now? Is it still working?
    Wow ! Thats alot and no relief ? I would be very upset as well . I do a warm compress but i changed a few months ago to a mask . It works much much better ! I leave it on for about 12 minutes . Reheating it about half way through . Then I saw a you tube video on how to gently press near the lash line for , four seconds , in four spots . I can not even begin to tell how how this has brought my eyes back to life !!! My dry eye is mild . Well thats what my eye dr. said . But i still felt horrible most days . Oh and another thing that has greatly helped is an eye drop called Pazeo . Its for ocular allergies . I never would of guessed I needed this . Because my lower lids would burn all the time . I thought it was bad belpharitis or something . But nope . I also do a sinus rinse for my nose daily . This has helped wonders too !! I do take a fish oil pill daily too . Not sure if this helps or not but its great for my hair and eyelashes . Another tip I learned for myself is I switched from regular mascara to tubular mascara . I still wear eyeshadow and primer but the mascara seems to be better for removing and not irritating me eyes at all . I put alot of coats on too. Not sure if this is a good idea but I still do it ...lol
    Anyway , not saying this is all for you . But I am trying to give some suggestions to help. I know it sucks !! When your eyes feel like crap all day , your miserable ! I could not even walk through the cold section of the grocery store without my eyes tearing a bit or burning . It was so un comforatble
    Good luck ! I hope you do find relief

Momof3boys- I wonder if you wouldn’t mind sharing a link or some more info for how to find the video with the four massage points that you mentioned?