Page 9 of 136 FirstFirst ... 78910111959109 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by Rory View Post
    I have no idea how these online pharmacies can sell a prescription medication to a country where it is not available. I'm guessing that this is the same way a German member obtained Soolantra and in doing so also thought that it must be available throughout Germany. Anyway Tso tell us how are you getting on with Soolantra?
    The one from the UK doesn't simply sell it, an online doctor consult is required. And they have restricted their shipping policies recently. But I understand what you mean.

In my case (on day 21), I still have symptoms (the yellow oozing curst problem, which may not be rosacea), but it seems to go well so far. But because I stopped using topical steroids (after about a 2 months of use), which caused a sudden large breakout (topical steroid withdrawal problems), which is gone now, it is difficult to compare the results. So, it is too early to tell.
    But Soolantra does seem to effectively kill demodex on my skin: I couldn't find any mites anymore since I started with Soolantra, where I would expect to find some. Also, itch seem to be reduced.

Tso the yellow oozing pus and crusts are not a symptom of Rosacea. In my opinion you have an overlapping bacterial infection and you may need a course of oral antibiotics. I'm curious about this whole pharmacy online business. They actually have a Doctor consultation on line? Also how much does this online consultation cost, how much for the prescription and finally hoow much for the tube of Soolantra?

Default Still working for me

Sorry for the delay in reposting. I moved and was sick.

I'm at 11 weeks now, and still doing great! I have improved 100%. I still have major flushing with a warm room, though. Yesterday I was at place that had no AC and it was 90 degrees outside, and my cheeks were bright red. It was very embarrassing. Is there any way to fix a temperature related flush? IPL? V-beam? But other than that my skin is beautiful. I'm regaining confidence, and feel so great.

I think I do some other things with the soolantra that help, as well. I only wash my face one time a day, at night, with Cetaphil. I used to wash my face twice a day, but I've found less is much better for my sensitive skin. In the morning when I wake up I put on the Soolantra. When I started I just put a little on the problem areas, but now I put it all over my face. I've never had a reaction with the cream. It didn't get worse before it got better. It's never burned for me either. I also continue to take supplements. I take Betaine HCL with pepsin and evening primrose oil. I've tried to stop both of these, with the soolantra, but have seen some redness return. So I think these both significantly help. I also try to eat a healthy diet. I try to eat very little sugar, dairy, and gluten, but I do cheat sometimes.

Hope this helps!

Hi Alex. In a previous post you mentioned that you would get papules on the smile lines. I'm assuming you are totally clear of these from your latest post but were these papules located on the smile lines above and below your mouth? Also the clearing of these papules, would you attribute this totally to Soolantra or does diet play a part? I'm sorry I can't help you with the flushing issue.

Quote Originally Posted by littleearthwanderer View Post
    Has anyone had this in the UK? I went to the dermatologist at the end of August and she said it wasn't available yet. Could it be different for different parts of the UK? (I'm in the north west of England).
    I am in north west of england and managed to get my gp to prescribe it for me. My gp also has been treating me privately with laser treatment so knew my case very well. I showed him an article about soolantra whilst having my laser treatment and when it became available in july i asked for prescription. Most g p's will not understand about demodex mites, you may have to explain to them. From what i have read it only is useful for p & p rosacea and as its expensive may not be prescribed for type 1.
    I have been using it for 2 weeks now and at first all my spots cleared up but have now come back, i am hoping this is the dying off phase and will persevere with it. I am also on lymecycline and have been for 2 years which worries me, so i am really hoping this will work.
    Fingers crossed :-)

Hi Mitchell. Many have reported a third and sometimes a sixth week worsening of symptoms. The fact that you saw clearance the first two weeks is promising. Mitchell maybe you can finally confirm that Soolantra is available. So two weeksaweeksago you went into a pharmacy in the north west of England. You gave the Pharmacist a prescription for Soolantra and he/she then went to the back of the shop and returned moments later with a tube of Soolantra.iRight?

I'd attribute it completely to Soolantra. If I stop my supplements I get blotchy red patches, but no P&Ps. If I eat something that has sugar, dairy, or gluten I might still lightly flush, but not as bad or as long. I think I even had a glass of wine, without issue. With that said, I do feel like the supplements and diet may be why I've had more success than some. But finding the right cleanser and routine is probably also a big part of it. I don't use any moisturizer or put anything else on my face other than the Cetaphil cleanser at night. It took me a long time to figure out the right routine for my skin. I'm sure this is different for everybody.

I'll keep posting updates. Soolantra is kind of expensive, but I think it's worth it. Before I was constantly worried about my skin, now I don't think about it as much.

Alex these papular eruptions were they on the smile lines above and below the mouth and were they symmetrical?

Soolantra may have increased my flushing. It didn't sting though. Insidious augmenters of flushing are so frustrating. May try it again next year to be sure. Back to Oracea for me. Glad to hear a lot of people are getting relief. Maybe researchers will be able to better solve the rosacea puzzle now that so many people seem to be affected by dermodex.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelleelleray View Post
    I am in north west of england and managed to get my gp to prescribe it for me. My gp also has been treating me privately with laser treatment so knew my case very well.
    I live in the north west too - Manchester - and my GP refused to prescribe this on the NHS because she said it had not been authorized for use by them. She also refused to write me a private prescription because she said her name would be on it and she wouldn't take the risk!

Were you given a NHS prescription or did your very enlightened GP give you a private one?

Many thanks.