Page 85 of 135 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Quote Originally Posted by FSA View Post
    Yesterday started a flare-up, today it is more intense. Last flare up was on the 4th week i guess. Between these dates, everything was getting smother. I think these flare up is good, because the mites end their cycle and got some kind of reaction with the soolantra that is on the skin.. hope my face will get even more clearer that it was before today's flare up.
    Sounds normal with the flare ups. Actually, you sound like you've had less flare-ups than I experienced. Good for you! I've just passed my 12th week and I still experience small issues, but things are going really well!

Quote Originally Posted by sks42 View Post
    I have ZZ Cream on my list of things to keep in mind. I want to use Soolantra exclusively for at least 5 or 6 months to give it my best effort. I know that ZZ Cream has great reviews and I know that there are a lot of people who think it may be superior. That's fair, but for myself, as long as I do not see any adverse effects while using Soolantra then I feel it's the right thing to do to continue with it for awhile longer. I have had positive results so far, and maybe I'll need ZZ Cream to get me all the way there. I'll update if I change over.
    As you wish...

ZZ Cream cured me within 2 weeks. Now I get zero flare ups and zero pustules.

I did not have time on my hands.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

Quote Originally Posted by RedRecluse View Post
    As you wish...

ZZ Cream cured me within 2 weeks. Now I get zero flare ups and zero pustules.

I did not have time on my hands.
    What zz cream do i buy im in uk? I dont think my gp is going to perscribe me any more soolantra as they said its only to be used for 4 months..thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Hatemyface View Post
    What zz cream do i buy im in uk? I dont think my gp is going to perscribe me any more soolantra as they said its only to be used for 4 months..thanks
    There is only one ZZ Cream. If it's not for sale in the UK then you'll need to import. It's also sold in Germany and readily available there. I think it's under a different name though.

The thing is that Soolantra or ZZ Cream is unlikely to completely cure Demodex Rosacea, meaning you'll need Soolantra way longer than 4 months. We will need to keep using it to keep the problem under control. I use ZZ Cream once or twice a week now.

The good thing is that ZZ Cream is better, cheaper, and does not require a prescription.
    How I was cured from Demodectic / Demodex Rosacea (Types 1 & 2 & nearing 3), Seborrhoeic Dermatitis and Eczema

Got a smartphone? Then please post a non-revealing pic of your face/skin to www.imgur.com, instead of using walls of text to describe it to us. It may be the best thing you've ever done!

There is only one ZZ Cream. If it's not for sale in the UK then you'll need to import. It's also sold in Germany and readily available there. I think it's under a different name though.

The thing is that Soolantra or ZZ Cream is unlikely to completely cure Demodex Rosacea, meaning you'll need Soolantra way longer than 4 months. We will need to keep using it to keep the problem under control. I use ZZ Cream once or twice a week now.

The good thing is that ZZ Cream is better, cheaper, and does not require a prescription.
    Great thanks for your help i will look into buying the zz cream.

Default ZZ Cream

Is ZZ Cream really better than Soolantra? I use Soolantra right now for the P&P's that I get with my rosacea and I absolutely love it. (Guess Galderma is good for something after all...) However, right now I find that if I even go a couple days without using Soolantra I start to get the P&P's again, usually in the exact same spots every time.

I am interested in giving ZZ Cream a try. Where can I purchase it? I want to make sure that I get the correct product. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post
    Is ZZ Cream really better than Soolantra? I use Soolantra right now for the P&P's that I get with my rosacea and I absolutely love it. (Guess Galderma is good for something after all...) However, right now I find that if I even go a couple days without using Soolantra I start to get the P&P's again, usually in the exact same spots every time.

I am interested in giving ZZ Cream a try. Where can I purchase it? I want to make sure that I get the correct product. Thanks!
    That is the general consensus, yes. The problem surrounding ZZ Cream is that many people are sceptical. Also because it's Chinese. I was sceptical, and wish I wasn't, as it would have prevented one extra year of suffering out of three years of suffering.

The other downside to ZZ Cream is that it leaves a residue. This is remedied by diluting it more than you already should, with more water. I also found that gently exfoliating with a microfibre cloth helped wonders. Another downside is that the sulphur causes teary eyes and a runny nose, so apply to your eye and upper lip areas last, and don't breath through your nose.

But it does feel great on the skin.

The fact that you are already using Soolantra means that you are likely to not have the initial Demodex Mite die-off(s), so changing to ZZ Cream should be smooth sailing.

My story and pics are in my thread if you check my user profile for threads started by me, along with lots of info.

www.demodexsolutions.com

Quote Originally Posted by kfranke View Post

Hey K,

How long have you been using Soolantra? Did you have an initial outbreak when you started using it?

I'm interested in trying Soolantra over ZZ cream only because my skin is so damn dry and sensitive...I'm worried that I won't be able to tolerate ZZ. Also, there is no way in hell I can take a microfiber cloth to my face to rub it off, even gently, without a major flush.

So, one really has to use this stuff (ZZ or Soolantra) for a lifetime to keep the demodex away??? That is discouraging.

-M.

That is the general consensus, yes. The problem surrounding ZZ Cream is that many people are sceptical. Also because it's Chinese. I was sceptical, and wish I wasn't, as it would have prevented one extra year of suffering out of three years of suffering.

The other downside to ZZ Cream is that it leaves a residue. This is remedied by diluting it more than you already should, with more water. I also found that gently exfoliating with a microfibre cloth helped wonders. Another downside is that the sulphur causes teary eyes and a runny nose, so apply to your eye and upper lip areas last, and don't breath through your nose.

But it does feel great on the skin.

The fact that you are already using Soolantra means that you are likely to not have the initial Demodex Mite die-off(s), so changing to ZZ Cream should be smooth sailing.

My story and pics are in my thread if you check my user profile for threads started by me, along with lots of info.

www.demodexsolutions.com

RR,

Did you try Soolantra as well? I'm still confused to why it's a better choice? I mean, I'm super stoked it worked for you, but is ivermectin really subpar to sublimed sulfur to demolish those little nasty mites?

Thanks,
    M.

Brady Barrows
    Join the RRDi