Page 51 of 136 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

This is amazing, thank you,GooApple, for your update! May I ask what kind of shampoo do you use?

Good to see that Soolantra also works for redness and not only for the p&p!

Day 38
    My skin is still improving. I haven't got any new big bumps, just a few small ones. The old bumps are healing. I still take no antihistamines anymore because the itching is almost gone. The new little bumps do itch a little bit, but this is nothing compared to how it used to be.

I just started Soolantra yesterday since demodex were found in the hair foliciles on a punch biopsy done on my chin. However, I'm suspicious that I don't actually have seb derm that's causing the Rosacea instead of demodex. I have a constant build up of dead skin on my face and the hair breaks and falls out often. But I get these hive like blisters (mostly the sides of my chin, jawline, and lower cheeks) that itch like crazy! I have a few broken capillaries and my skin tone is very rough and light pink. Any thoughts? I know seb derm can mimic Rosacea and vice versa or coexist.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    This is amazing, thank you,GooApple, for your update! May I ask what kind of shampoo do you use?

My Shampoo? Can that affect rosacea? Either way, I use this shampoo:

http://shop.vedalila.se/se/art/amla-shampoo.html

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post

I don't think it matters, but I use this (Ayuruvedic) shampoo if you are curious: 7104151-origpic-2dbcdb.jpg

Oh and one more thing I forgot. I've also tried to stay away from so called 'Nighshade' foods. You can google it to see a list of what it is.
    I've not been very strict about it however, and I highly doubt it affected my rosacea... but just to let you know.
    Last edited by GooApple; 22nd October 2016 at 08:45 AM.

Default Soolantra

Thank you. I didn't know about nightshades, very interesting. Your shampoo contains some essential oils that also help in combating demodex and inflammation. Good choice.
    Last edited by MariaSt; 22nd October 2016 at 10:08 AM.

I am on day 4 with Soolantra. I don't have the pustules, just very small red bumps, red cheeks and small indents, all of this mostly on the left hand side of my face. I also get lots of itching and cold/hot burning sensations. I'm not expecting Soolantra to do much with the redness but if it could help with the constant and very unpleasant sensations I would definitely take that.

So far, all the above symptoms are a bit worse but having read through this thread it seems to get worse for most people before it gets better. I've not had any major breakouts but am taking lymecycline at the same time so that may help with that. Really hope this helps as I have run out of other options to improve things.

Great thread btw, really helps to read of other peoples experience and great to hear that it seems to have helped lots of you.

Day 42
    My face is still slowly improving. I now have a few small bumps and one big one. Yesterday I had a very nasty pustule. But all in all, it's really getting better.

Hello,
    A quick update (day 29): since 5 days now, I see a significant improvement in my skin.. no bumps anymore and smooth skin. However today I got one tiny bump.
    I really hope it continues like this but i'm very reluctant because I know from the past that the condition of my skin can fluctuate very much.
    @ Angela: I have the impression it helps against small whiteheads. Soolantra has, besides the anti-demodex effect, some anti bacterial effect too.
    Does anyone see improvement regarding the redness? I don't.

I'm just reporting back after using Soolantra for essentially a year. I'm still loving it and hardly ever think about my rosacea anymore. I never get bumps anymore but do still have some redness in my skin but it is like a nice blush now rather than the angry red I had before. I do flush sometimes but the flushing is less frequent and again, the red isn't as angry as before. I can also get away with things that I couldn't before, partially I think because my skin barrier has healed.

I apply a generous amount every evening with Avene water. For anyone on the fence, I highly recommend trying soolantra. I had the script for a month before working up the nerve (I had some bad experiences with other meds in the past) but I actually never really had any bad side effects.