Page 50 of 136 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Day 27:
    I feel not much has changed, but it might be that I am getting less new bumps and it still looks bad because the old ones take so much time to heal.
    I am almost at the four week mark where I should be noticing improvement according to the leaflet. Maybe a miracle happens overnight and my face looks much better tomorrow. We'll see.

Some people notice improvement after 2-3 months of use, so be patient.

Day 29
    My face looks a little better and there is definitely less itching. I still get new bumps but less than before, and they are mostly smaller than before.

Hi Angela, I'm glad you see some improvement!
    Update day 17: overall my skin's texture is smoother, but every day i still get one new little bump on my forehead, which is then gone after two days.

I started the Soolantra & Am currently on Day 3. Noticed though that I have gotten a big rash (Similar to when I've reacted to creams previously) towards the right side of my cheek/nose. Is this normal? I'm contemplating stopping the Soolantra for now & have messaged the Dermatologist.

It could be the die off effect of the mites. Don't stop applying the cream. A lot of people have the same experience as you.

Rosycheeks7: good to hear you are experiencing some improvement.

mellowing: especially if the rash is on just one side of your face, this could be an indication that it is the die-off effect rather than an allergic reaction (which would show on your whole face).

Update, day 35:
    It is getting better, but the progress is slow. I still have a few large bumps and some smaller ones. This morning I actually woke up with two pustules, one of which is on my forehead, where I usually hardly get any bumps. But! I stopped taking the antihistamines and there is very little itching. This must be a good sign!

Has anyone who uses Soolantra noticed improvements when it comes to whiteheads and blackheads? I have a lot of clogged pores on my forehead and I wonder if Soolantra does anything for that.
    Last edited by Angela1979; 18th October 2016 at 11:27 AM.

I got in touch with the Dermatologist & he said to stop using it & gotta see him next week. Not for me this time, but looks it works for others .

Your dermatologist had no other choice, when you told him on the phone. Without seeing the patient, there is nothing else left to say. Apart from that, many derms are still not completely familiar with the cream, they know little about the die off. After reading this whole thread, you'll see that the worse is the initial outbreak, the better is the outcome. So it doesn't work only for others, it works for you too. You just have to push through this phase.

Thumbs up Rosacea - Soolantra - Before and after photos

Ok, so when I started reading here about Soolantra back in 2015 I found it a bit frustrating that people who had started using it, mostly didn't return here to report about their results. So I'm back here to share my results.

- 2015-07: Noticed I had Rosacea and started treating with Aloe Vera, but that didn't help much except from keeping it somewhat at bay.
    - 2015-10: I started my Soolantra treatment. I used it once a day according to the instructions on the tag. I used it only on the affected areas though (cheeks in my case).
    - 2015-12: Two months later things had gotten noticeably better.
    - 2016-01: I got the flue and forgot to use Soolantra for several days when I was ill. After I noticed my skin had stayed healthy even after not using anything, so since here I haven't used any treatment.
    - Today my skin is good even after I've stopped using Soolantra for a long time. I would say it's just about back to "normal" skin.

Notes:
    - I used a pea-sized (barely) ball on each cheek once a day around dinnertime.
    - I never washed my face other than when taking showers.
    - I didn't use any moisturizer or any other treatments than Soolantra when I was using it.
    - I didn't change my diet (I always eat fairly healthy - but I don't know if that mattered for my Rosacea).

So I hope this is helpful. You can click on the picture to see photos of results.

For me it's two thumbs up for Soolantra!

Rosacea-Soolantra-2.JPG