Page 44 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Can confirm sadly, after calling them and confirming the Group #, the Soolantra offer has indeed expired and they have not been advised of any future promotions with Soolantra at this time...

I have taken Soolantra for 12 weeks. My skin texture improved although I got spots and redness regularly during the trestment.

Last week I started to take it only each second day and now I have quit it completely. It seems there are less redness and less spots. But my skin is much better than before the treatment.

My theory is that treating the mites healed my skin but at the same time the incredients and the fatness of the creme promoted spots and redness. Do you know of any plans Soolantra is provided as a gel or can ivermecin be mixed by a pharmacist theirself?

By the way I have similiar effects when I take sunscreen. I always get spots by it. Has anybody a recommendation of a none oily sunscreen?

Don't stop it yet, use it for 5 months, otherwise there is a possibility that the mites multiply again. The spots and the redness you got might be a reaction to the dead mites.
    Ivermectin can be mixed by the pharmacists, but I think they always prefer a somewhat oily cream for it.

Default soolantra usage

i'm now useing soolantra for 5 days now. Too early to say something. But i have 2 questions: because i have no hairs on my head, is it a good idea to apply soolantra also on my head. I've some irritations on my head.
    Second. Soolantra is for daily use, what can happen or is it adviceable to use it twice a day, mornings and evenings?
    I'm also unsure how long i should use it.

You can apply Soolantra on your head. The directions say that it should be used once a day in the evening, but there are some people who use it in the morning too, without any problem.

Quote Originally Posted by MariaSt View Post
    Don't stop it yet, use it for 5 months, otherwise there is a possibility that the mites multiply again. The spots and the redness you got might be a reaction to the dead mites.
    Ivermectin can be mixed by the pharmacists, but I think they always prefer a somewhat oily cream for it.
    Thank you.

I use it for more than three months. The mites should be killed long time ago. So a reaction because of dead mites is not very probable, isn't it?

Why 5 months? The surveys say that after 16 weeks there should be a real improvement otherwhise you should stop because continuing expects no further improvement. But if you have already an inprovement further use should give you even more improvement.

In my opinion I am just a little sensitive to the creme and it is just to oily which causes comedones. My compromise is applying every second or third day for now.

Hi John, the base for Soolantra is Cetaphil Moisturing Cream, which has these ingredients:
    Purified Water, Polyglycerylmethacrylate, Propylene Glycol, Petrolatum, Dicaprylyl Ether, PEG-5 Glyceryl Stearate, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol, Cetyl Alcohol, Sweet Almond Oil, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Tocopheryl Acetate, Phenoxyethanol, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Sodium Hydroxide, Lactic Acid.

The potential troublemakers are in bold text, from my perspective. Galderma's patent applications disclosed the use of Cetaphil Cream as the base for Soolantra. Cetaphil Cream, which is a waxy, sticky cream that washes off poorly.

Demodex are everywhere and normal inhabitants of the human skin. Applying Soolantra suppresses or eradicates the mites on your face or wherever you applied it, but mites will return -- except very slowly, because they don't move very far or very fast -- perhaps 5 to 10 mm in an hour is top speed for a male looking for a female burrow.

Hi John,

maybe you are indeed kind os sensitive/allergic to a component of the cream. But as you seems to have an oily issue, maybe you should try to use a very tiny amount that you spread over your face so that your skin stay dry/almost dry from it. Maybe it won't help at all but I used to have problems with cream treatments before (even if not soolantra that I did not try already) because I putted to much of it on my face which remains oily and then breakout because of the oilyness. Once I understood I could take benefit from using cream putting very less of it on my face so that it stay near dry, it was way better. Just a (maybe stupid) advice, but a good one for myself haha !

Good luck whatever with all of it, as to all of us

Exclamation does anyone have soolantra?

does anyone have soolantra they don't want?
    i'm desperate. insurance wont cover it they want me to pay almost 700 bucks!

Default Soolantra

Hi Guys. I'm completely new to the Forum. I was diagnosed two weeks ago and given Soolantra by my dermo. I'm lucky in that I have a doctor in my office who referred me to a consultant straight away.

My experience so far is that the first few days were brilliant and I was really happy. Now it seems to burn and sting like crazy - to the point where this evening I've actually emailed my dermo for some advice. I'm so down about it. I used to have lovely clear skin and without notice, this condition has happened. I've also been given Lymeclyine but am cautious of using these but if the Soolantra continues to burn and not help, I may well take the antibiotics. I'm back with the dermatologist next week. I'll continue to update my progress with Soolantra. My face is just so painful using it the last few days. Fingers crossed that means it might be working.

Good luck to everyone on their medication.

EC X