Page 42 of 137 FirstFirst ... 3240414243445292 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

My skin got really red the first few days but quickly subsided. My subtype 4 is very resistant to anything, including doxy. Hopefully with the ivermectin treatment, I will start feeling better. I have really tried everything. I am going to ask my doctor this week for oral ivermectin too.

Quote Originally Posted by Faith1989 View Post
    My skin got really red the first few days but quickly subsided. My subtype 4 is very resistant to anything, including doxy. Hopefully with the ivermectin treatment, I will start feeling better. I have really tried everything. I am going to ask my doctor this week for oral ivermectin too.
    My skin got a bit more red to and felt pretty irritated . I got nervous thinking I may be having a reaction so after day 3 I stopped . Do you only apply your Soolantra at night ? Does your skin ever feel like a burning sensation or stingy ? Before the Soolantra I mean .
    For your eyes did you try cliradex towelettes ?

Yes I use Cliradex already. My skin is okay now with the Soolantra. I know its once a day but I use it morning and night. I am also trying it on the eyelids which has been okay too. My subtype 1 is mild but my eyes are pretty bad. They don't look it but usually I am in a lot of pain...

Default 6 weeks update

I have now been using soolantra for approximately 6 weeks. All in all I'm seing some improvement, but I still get a few new papules weekly. It is mostly my stubborn right cheek that is refusing to clear. Some days are better than others, and it feels like I take two steps forward, then one step back all the time. But I guess it will have to be good enough for now. It was week four that I started to notice that my skin was getting better instead of worse every day.

To people that have just started using soolantra, I will say that it can get worse before it gets better. That was the case for me. So far it has not been a "miracle cream", but I will keep using it for at least 6 more weeks before I do a final evaluation.

I'm 3 weeks into Soolantra now. Redness is back to what is was before I started using it, no better no worse, but my skin is smooth now - just a couple of small, raised spots scattered around my face. I had a small breakout on the side of my nose several days ago, but that is cleared up. For a long time now (like decade or more) any red spots I'd get on my face took weeks to fade away, long after the original pimple/blemish/scratch/whatever healed, so I don't know yet if the Soolantra will actually help with the redness or not. I don't expect to know that more a month or more yet.

I'm considering getting a laser treatment at the end of June when I have a week of vacation, but probably shouldn't while I'm still using Soolantra. Does that sound like a bad idea? I wonder if my dermatologist would answer that question by phone without me going in for an appointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Kristy View Post
    I have now been using soolantra for approximately 6 weeks. All in all I'm seing some improvement, but I still get a few new papules weekly. It is mostly my stubborn right cheek that is refusing to clear. Some days are better than others, and it feels like I take two steps forward, then one step back all the time. But I guess it will have to be good enough for now. It was week four that I started to notice that my skin was getting better instead of worse every day.

To people that have just started using soolantra, I will say that it can get worse before it gets better. That was the case for me. So far it has not been a "miracle cream", but I will keep using it for at least 6 more weeks before I do a final evaluation.
    I agree with you, and your experience has been very similar to my own. Ill have 2 weeks of pretty good skin, then ill get a small breakout which will clear a few days, then I would get another bigger breakout which again clears in about 3 ish days, followed by 2 ish weeks clear skin... Im on my 7th week now and so far appart from a slight improvement in skin texture soolantra has not been a miracle cream, I just hope than once that 9th week rolls around ill start seeing major improvements. But im going to drop this cream on week 10th if I have not seen big improvements and go back to Oracea.

It sucks, because I really hoped that Soolantra was IT. So far im not seeing it...

Default Week 7 Update

Currently at 7 weeks and a few days of using Soolantra, Had a breakout of pustules in the creases of my nose on monday, I felt them coming on sunday. New pustules in the same-ish location since monday. Very unhappy, not sure if the die out was a few days late but last week my skin was getting good and now i feels like ive just been kicked in the gut... Surely I shouldn't be getting breakouts of this size from the die off on week 7? Arghhh, its a constant fight with these bugs and soolantra.

Default From My Doc

If you are just starting a topical treatment, you need a systemic treatment for a few months to kick start the healing. She had me on Oracea for 2 months...and I was bad...and she put me on Rosula Face Wash and Soolantra Cream at night. It took a couple of weeks and then I noticed that everything was clearing up. Now I just occasionally will get a red bump..usually near a whisker...but nothing significant. She's rolled me off the antibiotic to see if the topical can keep it in check. She told me I might have to go back on the Oracea when my immune system gets attacked because I'll see a flare ups, but she said the longer she can keep me off the systemic meds the better.

Blessings!

Well im stopping my soolantra treatment for a week or so to see if my skin improves, im almost on week 8 now and im still getting daily pustules on my nose. Honestly i think this cream has only made my condition worse. So ill stop for a bit to see if it improves. if I did have demodex then surely id have pustules in other places than just my nose and by now my breakouts should be much smaller.

I'm 4 weeks into my treatment with Soolantra, and I see a noticeable improvement over the last week. The raised, red bumps are not only gone, but the residual redness from those is gone now too. I have one spot near the side of my mouth that acted up this week, but overall I'm very pleased so far. I still have general redness to my face, but I'm not expecting Soolantra to resolve that. It's been years since I've looked in the mirror and my skin has had an even tone and smooth feel. I feel especially pleased in the mornings when the red spots used to be the worst, and now I don't have to wonder as I approach the mirror where the new breakouts will be.