Page 4 of 136 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Soolantra

Default I'm pleased so far with Soolantra

I have type 2 Rosacea. I started Soolantra a little over two weeks ago during a very bad outbreak. My outbreaks are usually on my cheeks, but this one was on my forehead. It always starts as one papulopustular and after a few days it will start scaling and flaking, then it turns into about four or five very angry papulopustules clustered together. Then the process starts all over again.

At night I wash my face with CeraVe and then apply a very small amount of Soolantra all over my face. In the morning I wash my face with the CeraVe and apply a small amount of Neosporin Eczema Essentials cream. I only use Soolantra at night.

I had some very small bumps on my chin and around my nose that would never go away. Since I have been using Soolantra, the bumps have disappeared. I also have very mild redness around my cheeks. That also seems to be better.

So far I'm very very pleased! At the moment my face is clear other than a small amount of mild redness.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex1134 View Post
    So I only started Thursday, and maybe it's too soon to tell, but I've had fantastic results so far. I was so excited about these results that I had to come on here to share my experience with others.

I have a mild rosacea with mostly flushing. But I do have flare ups that create some papules along my laugh lines and cheeks. My biggest trigger is sun and heat, which is impossible to avoid. My skin was so sensitive that I couldn't even wear sunscreen. I was so frustrated about this that I finally broke down and saw my dermatologist. Mine wasn't available, and they had me see another doctor in the practice. She was amazing! She actually listened to me, and then gave me samples of soolantra, along with a new face wash and sunscreen. She said try soolantra for a couple weeks, if it doesn't work we can go back to financea.

I am on my fifth day now, and the results are incredible! First off, my skin doesn't hurt. It always stings even when I'm not having a flare up. Second, I saw instant improvement in the redness, and the texture. I also was out in the sun and heat yesterday without flare up. I'm out in it right now, too. And last night I ate ice cream, without a problem!

I've been applying it in the morning very sparingly. I read that it causes irritation, and my skin is extra sensitive, so I apply a tiny amount in the morning just to the areas that are affected. So far it really has been great. I haven't tried the face wash or sunscreen yet, because I don't want them to effect my results. I will keep everyone posted on how soolantra works.
    Hi there, only new to this site, recently diagnosed with rosacea, I'm from Ireland, could you tell where I could buy soolanta please, would like to try this product, Regards john.

Quote Originally Posted by lovelyhurling45 View Post
    Hi there, only new to this site, recently diagnosed with rosacea, I'm from Ireland, could you tell where I could buy soolanta please, would like to try this product, Regards john.
    Hi John, Soolantra is the brand name so may be called something different in Ireland. The drug is actually called ivermectin so you could ask your dermatologist or doctor for this. Let us know how you get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Col View Post
    Hi John, Soolantra is the brand name so may be called something different in Ireland. The drug is actually called ivermectin so you could ask your dermatologist or doctor for this. Let us know how you get on.
    Cheers col, I'll check with the pharmacist to see what brand name it is under, things have calmed down a lot since I stopped taking medication, no antibiotic, eating well, and a simple wash routine, fingers crossed for the moment, Regards john.

Default Updates?

Hey everyone,
    I want to ask my derm next week to prescribe me Soolantra, now that it is also available in Europe and my skin looks terrible at the moment and I am giving up on treating it naturally.
    Could those who have been using it for several months now maybe tell how it is going? And were you all diagnosed with an overpopulation of mites before using it? I would be very happy about some experiences

Quote Originally Posted by pippilotta View Post
    Hey everyone,
    I want to ask my derm next week to prescribe me Soolantra, now that it is also available in Europe and my skin looks terrible at the moment and I am giving up on treating it naturally.
    Could those who have been using it for several months now maybe tell how it is going? And were you all diagnosed with an overpopulation of mites before using it? I would be very happy about some experiences
    Hi, where can you buy it in Europe? Regards john.

Hey John,

it is for sure available in Germany since June in the pharmacies (with prescription of course). I think i read somewhere that it is also available in France...

There hasn't been any announcement from galderma about soolantra and it's availability in Europe. The German pharmacies all have the cream uploaded on their websites but you may also notice that they all have the same recommended retail price of37, 53. This suggests to me that they are still waiting for supply. But I could be wrong.

Default Much worse after one weeks use

I started Soolantra one week ago, and my condition has dramatically worsened. Has anyone experienced an initial worsening, followed by improvement? It is tough to persevere when my face is this irritated.

I actually think that's a good sign for you. It could possibly be die off of the demodex mites. I would give it a good 8 weeks of treatment on the soolantra before you assess whether it's helping.